Kill Your Completion ∞

32 minutes ago, Kassandra said:

Came in here for that. I've already played Bulletstorm, but I might want Burly Men At Sea somewhere on my list. Can I decide tomorrow?

Sure thing. I don't mind games being switched out throughout the event, so long as the new one doesn't replace one that's already been started.

25 minutes ago, voodoo_eyes said:

Sure thing. I don't mind games being switched out throughout the event, so long as the new one doesn't replace one that's already been started.

That last thing would be called "adding" instead of "switching" ;)

7 minutes ago, xFalionx said:

Alright, so I think I'm gonna go with six games for five days each now as I'd like to add Burly Men At Sea to my list and I don't feel like replacing anything.

I don't think I'm getting another trophy today, so my completion at the start should be 65.01% (which is about 3% higher than my starting percentage of KYC 777, I'm recovering! ^_^)

• 2064: Read Only Memories (PSVita)
  • The Bridge (PSVita/PS3)
  • Oreshika: Tainted Bloodlines (PSVita)
  • Port Royale 3 (PS3)
  • Master Reboot (PS3)
  • Burly Men At Sea (PSVita)

That's my list for now. If nothing major happens I should probably end up playing my games in this order. I'm always willing to switch them around some more in case @Kassandra or someone else decides to go with Burly Men At Sea and wants to play it in synch with me. :D 

I'll do Burly Men then too (HAH!)

Just peeked at HowLongToBeat and Burly Men is short. As in, shamefully short for a KYC event. So I'm probably going to play it as a bonus game in case I come up short somewhere, instead.

• Like 1

Wow, I just realized I was pretty lazy in keeping track of my backlog and I didn't add a couple of PSPlus games back then. Turns out I got Child of Light in my last month of PSPlus and must have thought the game wasn't crossbuy. I just had to switch out Master Reboot for this game as it's one I've been looking to play since I got my Vita in 2014. Now I'm really looking forward to November. :D 

@voodoo_eyes Just mentioning you, so you know I edited my list again. Sorry for the inconvenience.

1 hour ago, Kassandra said:

I'll do Burly Men then too (HAH!)

Just peeked at HowLongToBeat and Burly Men is short. As in, shamefully short for a KYC event. So I'm probably going to play it as a bonus game in case I come up short somewhere, instead.

Yeah you're right, I didn't think it was gonna be this short but I'll keep it in that slot anyways. It's a slot where I'll have very little time to game and if I end up beating the game I'll probably just add a bonus game or go back to one of my previous games.

1 hour ago, xFalionx said:

Turns out I got Child of Light in my last month of PSPlus and must have thought the game wasn't crossbuy.

I believe that game was a bit of an odd case. Wasn't crossbuy here, but was in other regions. 

6 hours ago, PerryToxteth said:

Strangely, I preferred Unity over Syndicate but can't pinpoint exactly why. It could be that the gameplay had just gotten stale in the series; hence the reboot with Origins. BUT! I think the Jack the Ripper dlc is the best add-on in the series.  

Mm.. It's tough for me to say which one I liked more. Syndicate was a blast to play, I loved that grappling hook and its ability to shoot you to the top of a building in an instant, and the murder mystery missions were some of the best sidequests I've experienced in an Assassin's Creed game (I'm a sucker for that kind of stuff). But Unity was a lot of fun, and had a better story. But it also had all those chests... So I'd probably put Syndicate above it in the "fun" department. Lol.

4 hours ago, voodoo_eyes said:

For those that were already potentially including Kiwami or Bulletstorm, you'll be pleased to hear that they are part of the list.

What to do, what to do.. I guess I'll stick with Rogue Legacy, since I'd probably just be switching it out of fear (and @Dragon-Archon's status updates haven't been helping :lol:). Can always play Bulletstorm at a later date. 

Edited by DamagingRob
  • Like 3

23 minutes ago, Kevvik said:

Doesn't look like I'm going to have any time to play tonight so I'll post my start event stats...

Current earned trophies: 6492

Unearned trophies: 1459

Completion rate: 81.89%

Past KYC stats

KYC 3

Hide contents
  Reveal hidden contents

Rise of the Tomb Raider  13/125, 9%, E rank
Okami HD 8/51, 11%, E rank
TorqueL   10/13, 61%, A rank
Anna: Extended Edition 100%
White Night :platinum:
Severed :platinum:
Risen 3 :platinum:
The Book of Unwritten Tales 2 :platinum:
Tales of the Borderlands :platinum:
Demon Gaze :platinum:

158 trophies still unearned

KYC 4

Hide contents
  Reveal hidden contents

Danganronpa Another Episode: Ultra Despair Girls :platinum:
Ratchet & Clank :platinum:
101 Ways to Die :platinum:
Minecraft Story Mode :platinum:
2064: Read Only Memories :platinum:
Dust: An Elysian Tail  16/31, 44%, A rank
Swapquest :platinum:
Hitman Absolution  27/47, 51%, B rank
Rise of the Kasai  19/30, 50%, A rank
Lego The Movie Videogame :platinum:

46 trophies still unearned

KYC 5 

Hide contents
  Reveal hidden contents

The Last Guardian  2/24, 4%, E rank
Way of the Samurai 3  20/51, 30%, A rank
MeiQ :platinum:
Quest of Dungeons :platinum:
Deception IV Blood Ties  17/41, 27%, A rank
Yasai Ninja :platinum:

Ys Origin 4/31, 5%, D rank
Guacamelee   40/61, 46%, B rank
Dark Cloud 2  9/31, 17%, C rank
Kona :platinum: 

147 trophies still unearned

KYC 6

Hide contents
  Reveal hidden contents

Catlateral Damage :platinum:

Rime :platinum:

The Talos Principle :platinum:

Dragon Quest Builders  4/20, 6%, E rank

Exist Archive :platinum:

Sundered  4/21, 6%, E rank

Amnesia Collection  4/22, 7%, C rank

Mitsurugi Kamui Hikae  27/34, 58%, B rank

A Rose in the Twilight :platinum:

I Am Setsuna  16/50, 27%, D rank

92 trophies still unearned

KYC 777

Reveal hidden contents

Tomb Raider Anniversary  37/42, 88%, A rank

The Sexy Brutale :platinum:

Until Dawn :platinum:

Harvest Moon: Save the Homeland :platinum:

NieR  7/42, 11%, D rank

Valhalla Knights 3 :platinum:

LEGO Marvel's Avengers :platinum:

Spellspire :platinum:

Touhou Double Focus  9/32, 13%, C rank

Adventure Time: The Secret of the Nameless Kingdom :platinum:

63 trophies still unearned

KYC 777

Reveal hidden contents

Tomb Raider Anniversary  37/42, 88%, A rank

The Sexy Brutale :platinum:

Until Dawn :platinum:

Harvest Moon: Save the Homeland :platinum:

NieR  7/42, 11%, D rank

Valhalla Knights 3 :platinum:

LEGO Marvel's Avengers :platinum:

Spellspire :platinum:

Touhou Double Focus  9/32, 13%, C rank

Adventure Time: The Secret of the Nameless Kingdom :platinum:

63 trophies still unearned

Made progress on 4, 5, 6 and 777 during the down time between events but still haven't completely finished one yet.  Getting closer though.  Looking forward to everyone's reviews again.  Early thanks to our new host!

May the fun begin!

That's actually quote a bit of progress, nicely done! I've tried out Touhou Double Focus a couple of months ago, and deleted it almost immediately. I could not get used to how the dashing works in that game. It was too counter-intuitive, as it wants you to press in the opposite direction to where you want to dash to. Weirdest mechanic I've ever come across in a game.

Edited by voodoo_eyes

5 minutes ago, voodoo_eyes said:

That's actually quote a bit of progress, nicely done! I've tried out Touhou Double Focus a couple of months ago, and deleted it almost immediately. I could not get used to how the dashing works in that game. It's was too counter-intuitive, as it wants you to press in the opposite direction to where you want to dash to. Weidest mechanic I've ever come across in a game.

Yeah, it just doesn't feel right.  I'm probably going to try to go back to it and see if I can't make more progress through it at least.  I've had very few games that I won't go back to so that I can at least give them a second shot (Luftrausers, Super Stardust HD).  It's just getting back to them when something new and shiny has my attention. 

On the plus side, I've made a fair bit of backlog progress.  If I hadn't started Dragon Quest XI and Monster Hunter: World, I would actually have had my unearned trophies down below pre-KYC 6 levels.

Well, think I'm done until the event starts. Was planning to play FFX, but I'm not dealing with Blitzball today. Good luck to everyone that's in an earlier time zone - hope your games are fun!

Starting completion: 74.97%

Edited by SyIaris
typo

1 hour ago, voodoo_eyes said:

Game #1 - Yomawari: Night Alone - Preview

L55836a.png

How'd you like the first 5 minutes? :awesome:

Won't be playing tonight, so here's my stats:

Games played: 102

Games Completed: 89

Unearned Trophies: 162

Completion: 94.35%

Edited by eigen-space

5 minutes ago, eigen-space said:

How'd you like the first 5 minutes? :awesome:

Well, I liked the art style,whatever you can see of it, that is :P. It also gave me Lenore - Cute Little Dead Girl flashbacks.

For those curious enough, those that like Edgar Allan Poe and those who don't shy away from some really dark humour.

Spoiler

Edited by voodoo_eyes

1 hour ago, voodoo_eyes said:

Game #1 - Yomawari: Night Alone - Preview

L55836a.png

Well, it's past midnight for me, so I'll post a preview for the 1st game.

This is a horror game, and I love myself some horror games (and movies). Especially, if they're of Asian origin. So I'm quite looking forward to this one.

I've stumbled upon this game quite a while back, when it only had a Japanese release. Back then I hoped it would eventually find it's way to the west, and so it did. I've tried to keep myself spoiler free and only glanced at a few minutes of gameplay. From what I saw it reminded me a bit of Corpse Party: Blood Drive (which I was not a fan of by the way). My issue with that game was, that the constant interruption of the VN aspect completely messed up the pacing and any immersion of that game. As far as I know  Yomawari Night Alone.doesn't have VN elements, so I'm hoping that won't be the case here.

All I know, is that it's a sort of top-down view and that you control a girl while exploring a town at night. I'm quite excited to finally give this one a try..

I really liked this and have the second game ready to go (likely after this event is over).  Thought it had a very different feel from Corpse Party and liked the atmosphere that it built up.