MaxBadGuy

MaxBadGuy's Dispute

12 posts in this topic

MaxBadGuy

The Beatles: Rock Band

Game disputed: The Beatles: Rock Band

 

Reason the game was flagged: "The Love you Make" is the final story-related trophy. It is here earned before any other story-trophies along with two trophies for Beatles photos which also cannot be earned at the same time.

 

 

Your dispute/reason it shouldn't be flagged: I honestly don’t know how this happened. I didn’t even notice this until I was flagged on PSNProfiles. All I know is that I did not cheat, or use a game save to unlock the trophy. Isn’t it possible that the PS3 somehow messed up the timestamp? At any rate, it wouldn’t make sense to use a gamesave to unlock the trophy which is essentially “Finish the story”, and then play the story again for the other story related trophies. Besides, this game has trophies that are waaaaay harder than finish the story. Who in their right mind would use a gamesave for “complete the story” and leave out all the other ridiculously hard trophies. The two trophies for the photos could be as a result of the trophy not unlocking when I unlocked the first photo, but unlocked later at the second milestone (I don’t remember if this was the case, it’s been 9 years after all). Furthermore, as per @SnowxSakura , using a gamesave will not retroactively pop trophies. They would only pop the moment the requirement is met, doing the requirement a second time does not unlock the trophy.

 

EDIT: Actually, I think I have a theory as to how this happened. I remembered that at some point in 2009, my PS3 stopped working, but it was still under warranty. So I had it replaced. I believe that the internal clock on the PS3 must have been different than the original PS3 I had, which could possibly explain the messed up timestamp. As for the photos trophy, maybe I got the trophy for the first photo on the old PS3 but didn’t sync it to the server, so when I reached the second milestone in the game, it must have popped the first trophy. That’s my best guess as to what might have happened.

 

In conclusion, please unflag this game from my account. While the timestamp is impossible, I also know for a fact, I did not cheat and have never ever cheated using gamesaves. I really do not know how this happened, and I would really like to reappear in the leaderboards.

 

Thank you.

 
Edited by MaxBadGuy
To follow forum rules. Added possible explanation for dispute.
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

FYI, the clock on your system has nothing to do with the timestamp on your trophy.

3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Difficulty Level of the game is irrelevant...people cheat Aabs Animals

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Save files don't work on the Beatles rock band as trophies won't unlock retroactively, they only unlock the moment you complete the requirement.

 

If you used another person's save file, it would only show in game that you have all of the trophies and give you a platinum icon for the instruments, but no actual pops

 

After looking at your list you have a lot of trophies out of order.

 

You unlocked "The Love You Make" and is the very last set you play as in the story mode, yet you have none of the other unmissable story related ones prior to this.

 

You also unlocked Earning a single Beatles photo and half of the Beatles photos at the same time which is impossible, as they're based on three starring songs.

 

You also earned the trophies for earning 1 million score with each of the instruments after expert gold starring every single song in the game which is impossible, you would earn those much earlier than that.

 

 

Edited by SnowxSakura
2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, SnowxSakura said:

Save files don't work on the Beatles rock band as trophies won't unlock retroactively, they only unlock the moment you complete the requirement.

 

If you used another person's save file, it would only show in game that you have all of the trophies and give you a platinum icon for the instruments, but no actual pops

 

After looking at your list you have a lot of trophies out of order.

 

You unlocked "The Love You Make" and is the very last set you play as in the story mode, yet you have none of the other unmissable story related ones prior to this.

 

You also unlocked Earning a single Beatles photo and half of the Beatles photos at the same time which is impossible, as they're based on three starring songs.

 

You also earned the trophies for earning 1 million score with each of the instruments after expert gold starring every single song in the game which is impossible, you would earn those much earlier than that.

 

 

 

Well, the fact that they don’t pop retroactively then definitely proves I did not use a gamesave to get the trophy. Honestly don’t know why they are all jumbled up. I didn’t even notice until I got flagged for it.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, SnowxSakura said:

Save files don't work on the Beatles rock band as trophies won't unlock retroactively, they only unlock the moment you complete the requirement.

 

I don't think this is accurate. Let's say there's a trophy for completing last song in story. This song wouldn't be unlocked before last song in the story, so then you'd be getting them out of order. Also, First Photo and Half of the Photos would likely trigger when you unlocked a new photo. While it's true that the trophies don't unlock retroactively, like getting a specific score on a song needs to be done again and not just have a save file that has done it, but things like collectibles will likely pop as you trigger them. Maybe we just explained the same thing, whatever, just want to be clear! :P

 

These are the marked trophies:

2018-10-19-22h17-52.png

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If that knowledge is so common it wouldn't suprise me if there are savefiles ready to pop all those trophies, leaving uncompleted the easiest songs.

 

For example, when I was young and naive I did upload some of my savefiles to gamefaqs, including one for Atelier Totori for PS3 (the file is still there) that can be used to access any ending. I left it just one step before getting locked in any path , so you only need to do one thing and beat the final boss.

Edited by AndresLionheart
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, AndresLionheart said:

If that knowledge is so common it wouldn't suprise me if there are savefiles ready to pop all those trophies, leaving uncompleted the easiest songs.

 

For example, when I was young and naive I did upload some of my savefiles to gamefaqs, including one for Atelier Totori for PS3 (the file is still there) that can be used to access any ending. I left it just one step before getting locked in any path , so you only need to do one thing and beat the final boss.

That wouldn't be possible, all of the expert related trophies only pop the moment you complete the song. 

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I can confirm what @SnowxSakura is saying.  It's been years since I played this game.  So, I wanted to try some things out.  I had no problems with trophies unlocking the way they're supposed to.  I'd think there would have been something by now, if there were problems.  The Rock Band and Guitar Hero games are challenging (well mostly anyway), but the trophies will pop if you do them like you're supposed to.  I'd say this game needs to stay flagged. 

Edited by grimydawg
2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/19/2018 at 0:55 PM, MaxBadGuy said:

MaxBadGuy

The Beatles: Rock Band

Game disputed: The Beatles: Rock Band

 

Reason the game was flagged: "The Love you Make" is the final story-related trophy. It is here earned before any other story-trophies along with two trophies for Beatles photos which also cannot be earned at the same time.

 

 

Your dispute/reason it shouldn't be flagged: I honestly don’t know how this happened. I didn’t even notice this until I was flagged on PSNProfiles. All I know is that I did not cheat, or use a game save to unlock the trophy. Isn’t it possible that the PS3 somehow messed up the timestamp? At any rate, it wouldn’t make sense to use a gamesave to unlock the trophy which is essentially “Finish the story”, and then play the story again for the other story related trophies. Besides, this game has trophies that are waaaaay harder than finish the story. Who in their right mind would use a gamesave for “complete the story” and leave out all the other ridiculously hard trophies. The two trophies for the photos could be as a result of the trophy not unlocking when I unlocked the first photo, but unlocked later at the second milestone (I don’t remember if this was the case, it’s been 9 years after all). Furthermore, as per @SnowxSakura , using a gamesave will not retroactively pop trophies. They would only pop the moment the requirement is met, doing the requirement a second time does not unlock the trophy.

 

EDIT: Actually, I think I have a theory as to how this happened. I remembered that at some point in 2009, my PS3 stopped working, but it was still under warranty. So I had it replaced. I believe that the internal clock on the PS3 must have been different than the original PS3 I had, which could possibly explain the messed up timestamp. As for the photos trophy, maybe I got the trophy for the first photo on the old PS3 but didn’t sync it to the server, so when I reached the second milestone in the game, it must have popped the first trophy. That’s my best guess as to what might have happened.

 

In conclusion, please unflag this game from my account. While the timestamp is impossible, I also know for a fact, I did not cheat and have never ever cheated using gamesaves. I really do not know how this happened, and I would really like to reappear in the leaderboards.

 

Thank you.

 

 

I've played a lot of GH and RB games, and never heard of story trophies unlocking out of order.

 

Who in their right mind would use a gamesave for “complete the story” and leave out all the other ridiculously hard trophies.

 

Maybe no one, but game saves operate in odd ways (just ask all the people who used a Demon's Souls save file and got the Phalanx trophy out of order). I'm not saying that you used it, but such appeals to common sense aren't really valid.

3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wasn't this cheat explained back on trophies . org back in the day? Think so.

 

It's not possible to download a platinum save, and then get the trophy requirements to trigger a second time. However some parts of the hack leaves the 1 star left or whatever on your progress. making it really easy to just wait it out to make false timestamps.

Rock Band 2 has been glitching for the hacking community with small successes but I know Beatles has been hacked too oblivion with it's save files. (at least from the site I know of.)

The trophies including the Encore and Photograph unlocks and so does the complete story stuff.

 

I think "Admin" made that hack, the person that sells instagram bots for 10$ paypal and not that long ago he said he was working on a new Dead Space 2 hack.

*Oh nevermind I think SnowxSakura already said this, sorry*

Edited by NightRusticDawn
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.