Ultimate Difficulty

FranciRoosters

28 minutes ago, FranciRoosters said:

So, how difficult is this new mode? What considerable changes have you picked up on? I imagine enemies are stronger, but what else?

Was curious about this myself. Wasn't gonna touch NG+ or the new difficulty until after I complete the first DLC.

10 minutes ago, DUDEwithCOFFEE said:

This seems to be a trend with trophies: NG+ and extra difficulty. Why don't they just have these in from the beginning? 1f60f.png

That didn't really answer his question, but to answer yours, in the case of NG+, it wasn't ready at launch.

Noticed enemies hit considerably harder than on Spectacular even in NG+, even the starting enemies. you get less time before the line of fire towards you becomes red, so you need to be quicker with dodges. Same for bosses, you have less time for everything and they hit harder.

I'd say if you play NG on Ultimate it's a very decent challange compared to Spectacular which felt too easy for the former hardest setting.

On NG+ it's VERY manageable, i'm already after the sneak mission on sable base and had no issues whatsoever.

Spider sense and UI elements stay the same, it's not super hardcore like Grounded in TLOU in that regard.

Edited by SnizelPS
  • Like 4

35 minutes ago, FranciRoosters said:

So, how difficult is this new mode? What considerable changes have you picked up on? I imagine enemies are stronger, but what else?

Only did the first mission. The only thing I noticed is that it takes quite a lot more web shots to get an enemy webbed up.

• Like 1

Damage you deal to enemies doesn't seem any lower, a single attack and then dodge under/double kick seems to KO almost all enemies with ease if you use Full Charge Capacitors, everything does hit noticeably harder though. I haven't noticed differences in enemy behaviour or anything else yet.

15 minutes ago, SnizelPS said:

Noticed enemies hit considerably harder than on Spectacular even in NG+, even the starting enemies. you get less time before the line of fire towards you becomes red, so you need to be quicker with dodges. Same for bosses, you have less time for everything and they hit harder.

I'd say if you play NG on Ultimate it's a very decent challange compared to Spectacular which felt too easy for the former hardest setting.

On NG+ it's VERY manageable, i'm already after the sneak mission on sable base and had no issues whatsoever.

Spider sense and UI elements stay the same, it's not super hardcore like Grounded in TLOU in that regard.

Yeah, been playing through, regular enemies do hit harder.  But I did just beat Shocker and it seems like I was hitting him harder, each phase I only needed to combo him twice, so the fight ended more quickly (took me two tries though, cause I messed up the dodging).

But I agree, NG+, very manageable too, haven't had much problems so far, only the death against Shocker and some enemies just being annoying.  But other than that, no real problems, but I have a feeling Sable might prove to be a real pain x.x

• Like 2

1 minute ago, DrakeHellsing said:

Yeah, been playing through, regular enemies do hit harder.  But I did just beat Shocker and it seems like I was hitting him harder, each phase I only needed to combo him twice, so the fight ended more quickly (took me two tries though, cause I messed up the dodging).

But I agree, NG+, very manageable too, haven't had much problems so far, only the death against Shocker and some enemies just being annoying.  But other than that, no real problems, but I have a feeling Sable might prove to be a real pain x.x

Yeah, NG+ makes bosses way way easier and faster. but it felt like you can't make too many mistakes. (well, unless you equip the suit power that gives focus)

On NG the Ultimate setting is probably felt alot more with bosses, since you aren't as overpowered.

Just now, SnizelPS said:

Yeah, NG+ makes bosses way way easier and faster. but it felt like you can't make too many mistakes. (well, unless you equip the suit power that gives focus)

On NG the Ultimate setting is probably felt alot more with bosses, since you aren't as overpowered.

Yeah, I would imagine so, since when I did the whole thing with Fisk Tower and Fisk himself, that wasn't so bad at all, and heck, the second phase against Fisk himself, I had my suit power available to use (Spiderbro to the rescue!), which cleared enemies out... well, almost all of them, like one or two, plus Fisk himself.  If I didn't have that, it would be more annoying I think xD

• Like 1

It was so easy. Enemies do significantly more damage, but it's never too much to handle. I did my first playthrough on Spectacular and had some issues. On Ultimate, I only died on Scorpions poison sequence, and the Rhino/Scorpion boss fight. Focusing on just the story, and skipping all skippable cutscenes (some are forced), it only took me roughly 7 and a half hours (adding up my Youtube videos as I streamed the whole playthrough).

• Like 4

16 minutes ago, ImAPirateSoSueMe said:

It was so easy. Enemies do significantly more damage, but it's never too much to handle. I did my first playthrough on Spectacular and had some issues. On Ultimate, I only died on Scorpions poison sequence, and the Rhino/Scorpion boss fight. Focusing on just the story, and skipping all skippable cutscenes (some are forced), it only took me roughly 7 and a half hours (adding up my Youtube videos as I streamed the whole playthrough).

Yeah, it was pretty easy overall ?

I'm done with it too.

3 minutes ago, DrakeHellsing said:

I'm getting there, just in the third act now, but yeah, only some parts have been a small nuisance, but nothing my Spiderbro can't handle with evening the playing field here and there xD

I'm already done haha...

Wasn't too hard at all, way easier than i expected.

Just now, SnizelPS said:

I'm already done haha...

Wasn't too hard at all, way easier than i expected.

Yeah, I just take a bit longer with games, I like to rest here and there, not play for too long at a time.  But I agree, defiantly easier than expected, thought it would be tougher than this, but so far, only died once in the game (which was against Shocker... shockingly enough (pun intended), but me being careless).  Granted, I did fail two other times, but that wasn't really deaths, just being caught xD

I should be able to finish it off by tomorrow at the latest I think.  I think the only part that might get annoying could be the Electro and Vulture fight, but not sure, we'll see xD

1 hour ago, Deluziion90 said:

Which suit would be the best for ng+? I've played in the normal suit my whole first playthrough so no clue whats strong 1f605.png

You can mix and match suit powers regardless of the suit, so you can pick w/e looks good to you and put w/e power you want on it.

I went with the power that builds your focus so i can one shot annoying enemy types and heal dodge fuck ups.

Edited by SnizelPS
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, SnizelPS said:

You can mix and match suit powers regardless of the suit, so you can pick w/e looks good to you and put w/e power you want on it.

I went with the power that builds your focus so i can one shot annoying enemy types and heal dodge fuck ups.

Thanks for the info! I'll give it a shot when I'm done with D3 ?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, SnizelPS said:

I went with the 2099 suit look (love that one) and my Spiderbro ability, just to even the playing field of enemies when there's a bunch of them, makes it more manageable.

The only time where it's different is the final fight, the game will still make you were the Anti-Ock suit and the related power for the fight :)

• Like 3

On 10/20/2018 at 8:37 AM, Deluziion90 said:

Which suit would be the best for ng+? I've played in the normal suit my whole first playthrough so no clue whats strong 1f605.png

I used the main Advanced Suit, and the Suit Power that regenerated my Focus meter so I can always heal no matter what. Only time the Suit Power changed was during the last boss fight, but it's still so easy.

• Like 1

Very easy on new game +, kind of disappointing. You still see the dodge warning, the only thing that really change is damage taken. It’s pretty much 2 - 3 hits death. This is very easy trophy, don’t expect a challenge at all. By skipping cinematic, you get it in about 4 - 5 hours.