Ultimate Difficulty

FranciRoosters

Honestly, while in large part being fully upgraded helps, Ultimate doesn't feel much different than Easy outside of enemies hitting harder. I'm about 3/4 of the way done with the story on NG+, and have died twice from being careless. I was worried I was going to have trouble with it, considering I played all of my original run on Easy...but I'm having no issues at all. 

Being fully upgraded and having the knowledge of knowing how to play at this point...makes Ultimate a cake walk.

On 10/19/2018 at 7:47 PM, FranciRoosters said:

So, how difficult is this new mode? What considerable changes have you picked up on? I imagine enemies are stronger, but what else?

Enemies aren't any stronger, you just take more damage. The difficulty was piss easy, since all of the combat is fluid and responsive as heck. 

On 10/19/2018 at 8:18 PM, Pirelli913 said:

Was curious about this myself. Wasn't gonna touch NG+ or the new difficulty until after I complete the first DLC.

That didn't really answer his question, but to answer yours, in the case of NG+, it wasn't ready at launch.

If you're level 50 and have all skills/gadgets, Ultimate Difficulty is a cakewalk. The only trouble you'll have is the jetpack sable agents, and Scorpion/Rhino. Everything else is easy heck. 

39 minutes ago, Viper said:

Honestly, while in large part being fully upgraded helps, Ultimate doesn't feel much different than Easy outside of enemies hitting harder. I'm about 3/4 of the way done with the story on NG+, and have died twice from being careless. I was worried I was going to have trouble with it, considering I played all of my original run on Easy...but I'm having no issues at all. 

Being fully upgraded and having the knowledge of knowing how to play at this point...makes Ultimate a cake walk.

Absolutely! It felt like easy mode, since combos are so simple to keep up. There's hardly any danger of being taken down, and besides you have the defense shield power-up and web bombs. Hell, even Kingpin was ezpz. I still hate the stealth sections though, but at least new game+ is short to get thru when skipping cutscenes. 

On 10/20/2018 at 2:28 PM, DrakeHellsing said:

I went with the 2099 suit look (love that one) and my Spiderbro ability, just to even the playing field of enemies when there's a bunch of them, makes it more manageable.

The only time where it's different is the final fight, the game will still make you were the Anti-Ock suit and the related power for the fight :)

I went with Scarlet Spider suit (Reilly's not Kaine's) with the Defense ability. I felt the final fight with Ock was especially easy, as long as you just keep swinging around. I had more trouble with Rhino/Scorpion or the jetpack sable agents (the ones stopping you from getting to Li).