Trophy thoughts and dog puns ahead

MidnightDragon

5 minutes ago, MidnightDragon said:

This list looks howlingly easy. Surprised no pawlatinum, though, especially since it's barking up the retailer tree.

Yeah, I'm surprised at the lack of a platinum, since as you say, a retail version of it's coming.  But it does make me wonder as to what price they'll be asking for if there's a digital copy of it available.

3 minutes ago, DrakeHellsing said:

Yeah, I'm surprised at the lack of a platinum, since as you say, a retail version of it's coming.  But it does make me wonder as to what price they'll be asking for if there's a digital copy of it available.

It's $39.99 on Amazon in the US...WTF?

You don't need a platinum trophy when you're getting Platinum Pup Treats!!! 

1 minute ago, MidnightDragon said:

It's a "kid's game" for some reason their prices are always inflated, hopefully it's cheaper on PSN for once. 

• Like 1

I'm personally glad this cash grab game doesn't have a platinum trophy. This game was clearly made for a quick buck out of an overrated franchise. Also who on earth plays a PS4 under the age of 10 years old anyway? Just sayin'...

Edited by Skeptical69

6 minutes ago, Skeptical69 said:

I'm personally glad this cash grab game doesn't have a platinum trophy. This game was clearly made for a quick buck out of an overrated franchise. Also who on earth plays a PS4 under the age of 10 years old anyway? Just sayin'...

My niece and nephew do sometimes.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, MidnightDragon said:

This list looks howlingly easy. Surprised no pawlatinum, though, especially since it's barking up the retailer tree.

I got your dog puns right here! xD

It's a dog-gone shame that this doesn't have a platinum. At least trophy hunters won't be chasing their own tail for another easy platinum and then rubbing it in everyone's nose. The game doesn't look ruff at all for those who are interested in sniffing out some easy trophies. Granted, if the dev is looking for me to buy it, they're barking up the wrong tree.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, MidnightDragon said:

it's just like bubsy in price. wait till it really dips in price then buy. i'm waiting till it hits 10$ that's the most i'm willing to play for a non-plat.

unless it's something really good.

Edited by kingdrake2

3 hours ago, Skeptical69 said:

Millions of kids game...Ever heard of Fortnite?

The youth of today are gaming at their earliest ages (hell, before they can walk) on iPads so it's a natural transition for some to a console.  I can say that nearly ever kid in my son's third grade class (8-9 year olds) is gaming on some kind of console (Switch, Xbox, PS4). My son enjoys the Lego games, Madden, Mario Kart-like racers. Of course, he has to earn playing time  by doing homework, reading and chores, and can only play for an hour or so on weekends.

Hopefully  most parents have a screen time limit, though that is likely wishful thinking.

• Like 2

I'll be honest. I preordered this for my son...he's four and unfortunately he loves the Paw Patrol. Little bugger picked Marshall, the Dalmatian, as his Halloween costume much to my dismay. But I figure it'll be something that I can bribe him with to start introducing chores.

It's 50 bucks on Switch in Australia, imagine the price will be reflective of PS4 and Xbox.

tbh I hope it goes on sale because I would absolutely love to get it, our kiddo is just over two and a half and she loves Paw Patrol at the moment (and stealing my controller) and I love anything that lets us play together, but 50 bucks is just too steep. 

Shout out to Torus though, their headquarters is like 15 minutes from my house and I'm not gonna pretend for a second that they've made anything remotely amazing in a good while, but some of their stuff in the early 2000s like Duke Advance and I think they did the GBA Spidey game before the movies (?), that was dope. Gotta rep that Melbourne pride.

...but I ain't repping it for 50 bucks, sorry.

I have a 3yr old boy. I was tempted to get this and make it his first ever game (obviously supervised), but if the £30 price tag wasn't already giving me second thoughts, the lack of plat/gold has finished all interest. I'd have least wanted something - for me - for the pain.

Edited by JPageMartin36

Based on the trailer can't find a video longer then 45 seconds of gameplay that is.
Thought it might be somewhat decent but $40 and no platinum seems like asking too much should've been no more then $20.
Odds are I'll end up getting it at some point, then again I do play a lot of questionable games.

7 hours ago, Skeptical69 said:

My 2 nephews and my niece. My brother has friends and they have brothers and sisters with ages below 10.

$40 CAD for this is pretty ridiculous to me. It's great that it's not even inflated for our terrible dollar... but I think that just speaks to how it's not priced how it should be in the first place so they can get away with not even converting the USD into CAD.

Should be like $20 from what I saw in the trailer. I'd actually buy it at that price. Since it looks like some okay fun to be had in there, and I like me some cute animals. It's like that Snoopy game, wasn't expecting much out of that either but it was fun for what it was [despite the framerate problems...]. But that too was overpriced.

You'd think they'd want parents to see this and go "Wow, my kids love the show and it's only $20." but I guess not.

If my name is mayo and other 30 minute games can get a plat and only cost less then 5$, then why does a full retail game that costs 40$ and has at the very least 3-5 hours worth of content not get one. At least sonic mania or metal gear ground zeroes had quality content to justify the purchase dispite the lack of a platinum, im not paying 40$ for something that will likely only be 2 hours long cash grab that isn't much better then hannah monrana or any of the with ther notorious shameful platinums in terms of quality.

4 hours ago, Elvick_ said:

$40 CAD for this is pretty ridiculous to me. It's great that it's not even inflated for our terrible dollar... but I think that just speaks to how it's not priced how it should be in the first place so they can get away with not even converting the USD into CAD.

Should be like $20 from what I saw in the trailer. I'd actually buy it at that price. Since it looks like some okay fun to be had in there, and I like me some cute animals. It's like that Snoopy game, wasn't expecting much out of that either but it was fun for what it was [despite the framerate problems...]. But that too was overpriced.

You'd think they'd want parents to see this and go "Wow, my kids love the show and it's only $20." but I guess not.

Like me and the Snoopy game, I do want to play it, but most of the time, it's full price still, hardly goes on sale... and the game actually looks like it'll be fun to play.

So this and the price they're asking for seems a bit much.  Don't get me wrong, I'm sure kids who love the show would love to play it, but just the price in general just seems a little much.

5 hours ago, DrakeHellsing said:

Like me and the Snoopy game, I do want to play it, but most of the time, it's full price still, hardly goes on sale... and the game actually looks like it'll be fun to play.

So this and the price they're asking for seems a bit much.  Don't get me wrong, I'm sure kids who love the show would love to play it, but just the price in general just seems a little much.

Yeah, I think at best I got Snoopy for $30 at retail or something. It was hard to track it down so figured that was as good as it would get. Sucks. 

These are nice changes of pace from bigger games. But they priced it out of range to make it appealing.

• 9 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...