Sythroz

Horizon Chase Turbo freezing on PS4 Pro

5 posts in this topic

The game crashes and freezes the system at random moments, then all you can do is hard reset or unplug the power cord. I got it tested on two other PS4 and two other PS4 Pro, this is only happening on the Pros. The first time it takes a few hours, then it happens within every 30 minutes.

Can any other PS4 Pro user confirm this, please? And does anyone know a fix for this kind of problem on Pro?

I play the game on a Pro, never had this problem. Maybe I never played for more than 1-2 hours.

The game quits unexpectedly in random situations with the famous error code. Probably it seems after 2-3 hours of play. I'm playing in on normal PS4 (not Pro). You can check that, because during play you see instantly freezes (of a sec) before game collapses. Last night for instance, I won the gold trophy in Australian Master Tournament, and when it was in the final league table the game just quitted and corrupted my save game file!!! I had to replay this again 4-5 times; very frustating.

For me, the freezing occurs at picking cars/tracks sometimes (mostly occurring after India in the story mode). Only once did it freeze mid-race.

Sometimes it froze in between races in tournament mode, & more reliably occurred in endurance mode after picking my third upgrade (I tried 3 different times).

Edited by Long-Ryde
Better explanation

I bought a Standard PS4, and in my 10 hours of gameplay on the standard, I have experienced 0 freezes, relative to my dozen or so in similar time on the PS4 Pro

YMMV