Let's Play Warriors

4 minutes ago, Leon Castle said:

I allow it so long it's Warriors/Musou. Btw, is Ken's Rage 2 digital only like Godseekers outside of japan?

Hmm. I am pretty sure it did have a PS3 digitial release. I have not bought either of these games, I have all 4 stacks without them being digital. Although I sold a couple of them though.

I wish there was 60fps PS4 release of both these games. I would buy them right now if I could.

7 minutes ago, Leon Castle said:

I allow it so long it's Warriors/Musou. Btw, is Ken's Rage 2 digital only like Godseekers outside of japan?

Oh right I saw that you can, well I try and upload a shot. It also has both my Vitas in it , my first Vita on the left has had so much use, I wore away the analogue stick rubber..

No idea how to "insert existing attachment" though

6 hours ago, enaysoft said:

Looks like our time has come :(

Time to buy Godseekers at full price...

Maybe this forum does not allow uploading of pictures like most forums.

Oh, because of the older stores going down? Yeah, it sucks... I'm not too worried about the PS3 store since most things got a physical release back then (do need to see if there's any DLC I want though), but it's a real shame about the Vita since so many games for it are digital-only. <_< This was the exact reason I always hated digital games & got physical titles whenever possible. ?

I'll probably just wait to see if the PS4 version ever drops in price again though... I mean, I'm sure it'll happen eventually, right? ?

Also you can upload things here last I checked, but the size limit is pretty low. I just upload all my stuff to imgur & share them here that way.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Masamune said:

Oh, because of the older stores going down? Yeah, it sucks... I'm not too worried about the PS3 store since most things got a physical release back then (do need to see if there's any DLC I want though), but it's a real shame about the Vita since so many games for it are digital-only. <_< This was the exact reason I always hated digital games & got physical titles whenever possible. 1f622.png

I'll probably just wait to see if the PS4 version ever drops in price again though... I mean, I'm sure it'll happen eventually, right? 1f605.png

Also you can upload things here last I checked, but the size limit is pretty low. I just upload all my stuff to imgur & share them here that way.

I will wait a few months and see if the price drops. Sadly most of the Musou games on Vita I have are already digital only, well actually I lie, ALL of them are digital.

Living in Japan, no other way really of getting UK games except from the store.

It's the opposite for Japan versions. All of them have to be physical since since although having a Japanese account you can buy them, but Vita is region locked. Which is dumb.

Worst idea ever, since PS3, PS4 and PS5 are region free.

Samurai Warriors 2 and Samurai Warriors 2 Empires are delisted now but they were both available on Vita as digital download only, had to get it on PS3 instead.

How do you "upload things here" ?

I see the "Insert Existing Attachment" but that is all. I guess the only way is to upload somewhere else after all?

[edit] I somehow managed to upload a photo as part of my profile pic. Maybe linking to that will work somehow. Then you can see how the rubber has worn off the analogue sticks of my first Vita from playing these games. :)

vitaMusouGames2.jpg.77f6c3293b14c71693db

Edited by enaysoft
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, enaysoft said:

I see the "Insert Existing Attachment" but that is all. I guess the only way is to upload somewhere else after all?

I still have a couple things saved under the attachment section from when I was testing it out some years ago, but I can't remember for the life of me how I uploaded them, sorry. ?

13 hours ago, DEI2EK said:

Yea it got a physical release on 360 but not PS3 I believe

13 hours ago, enaysoft said:

Hmm. I am pretty sure it did have a PS3 digitial release. I have not bought either of these games, I have all 4 stacks without them being digital. Although I sold a couple of them though.

One more for the "Games to get before PS3 Store is gone" list then.

Edited by Leon Castle

Ken's Rage 2 sadly has online trophies and also for that weird 3 vs 3 team battle mode where everyone just plays as Toki since it's easiest with him to win.

Warriors Orochi 3 also has an online battle mode which I guess unless you have the PS4 version, probably won't easily be able to get those trophies in the near future without some hassle.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, enaysoft said:

Warriors Orochi 3 also has an online battle mode which I guess unless you have the PS4 version, probably won't easily be able to get those trophies in the near future without some hassle.

You mean the "Joining Hands" trophy for Normal WO3? it's a 2-player trophy too for those with a extra controller so it looks a little easier than the other Warriors's online trophies to get.

22 hours ago, enaysoft said:

Ken's Rage 2 sadly has online trophies and also for that weird 3 vs 3 team battle mode where everyone just plays as Toki since it's easiest with him to win.

Definitely going to use a Boost Session for that game and try to use another character to see at least one less Toki.

22 hours ago, Goodwarrior2011 said:

fist of the north star ken's rage 2 released on disc in europe.

On PS3?

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, BlackSabre500 said:

Yes, there is a physical copy for PS3, here's a link to CeX's website to see it.

Yes, since I live in Japan and at the time many games didn't have digital releases. I got my parents to send me Ken's Rage 1 and 2, Warriors Orochi 3 and Dynasty Warriors 7 and Dynasty Warriors 7 Xtreme Legends on Blu Ray. Unfortunately I gave most to my friend so I have no idea if he sold them or not. I definitely still have Ken's Rage 1 still.

Yes back when Ken's Rage 2 was new in both Japanese and English versions I got the stupid online VS out of the way quick. Japan release was Day 1 for me and it was fine.

It took a long time to find randoms on the second game though as I bought the game several months after launch, but using Toki and just spamming S, S, S, T, T, on every single round was the best tactic, if you had other Toki members on your team, chances of winning were much greater.

Back in the days when I had no idea what "trophy boosting" was.

The stupid thing about it, and Ken's Rage 2 in general is that only you and your characters are synced, the enemies that appear and bosses are separate on each PS3, so the boss' health is going down but your friend appears to hitting a wall, because the boss on your friend's screen is actually against the wall, but not on yours. So the boss on your screen is walking towards you but then suddenly keels over and dies because your friend got the final hit on your screen.

On the VS battle it feels like a Dark Souls game, where you are seeing ghosts of people having fights.

Well I guess at least it has online coop, better than nothing I guess. But on the 2 player coop, it definitely is better you split up and don't go near each other, to make the game seem more consistent (and get through the stages quicker by taking out bases independently)

1 hour ago, Leon Castle said:

You mean the "Joining Hands" trophy for Normal WO3? it's a 2-player trophy too for those with a extra controller so it looks a little easier than the other Warriors's online trophies to get.

Definitely going to use a Boost Session for that game and try to use another character to see at least one less Toki.

On PS3?

Sorry yes, I was on about Vita, which is the version I have. That one is easy on non Vita versions.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Musou Platinum #55, Warriors Orochi 4, making this 100% on all Orochi platinums in all regions.

Weird game this one. First warriors game to have dlc content with trophies, so the "Ultimate" in this version isn't a separate trophy list like the previous game.

It's only a handful of bronze and silver trophies and from what the guide says, about 4 times longer than the actual platinum and one of the "worst grinds" ever in a Warriors game. Not sure if I can bothered with this one. Well certainly not at the price the DLC currently is. DLC alone costs more than it would cost me for the purchase of the base game...

• Like 1

On 4/10/2021 at 10:20 AM, enaysoft said:

Musou Platinum #55, Warriors Orochi 4, making this 100% on all Orochi platinums in all regions.

Congratulations on getting all unique Crossover/Other Warriors/Musou platinums cYAXDtk.gif

Do you plan on doing the other region versions of All Stars too?

On 4/10/2021 at 10:20 AM, enaysoft said:

Weird game this one. First warriors game to have dlc content with trophies, so the "Ultimate" in this version isn't a separate trophy list like the previous game.

It's only a handful of bronze and silver trophies and from what the guide says, about 4 times longer than the actual platinum and one of the "worst grinds" ever in a Warriors game. Not sure if I can bothered with this one. Well certainly not at the price the DLC currently is. DLC alone costs more than it would cost me for the purchase of the base game...

It might get a discount again someday or not like the older warriors on PS4 don't get a discount anymore(only saw PW4 and OW4 Ultimate upgrade getting a discount in the last deal)

7 hours ago, Leon Castle said:

Congratulations on getting all unique Crossover/Other Warriors/Musou platinums cYAXDtk.gif

Do you plan on doing the other region versions of All Stars too?

Not sure. That game has 5 stacks.... No idea if I want it to play it that many times, plus I can't get the Korean version any time too. RIght now I am more worried about Gundam Musou 2, I don't have that and with the PS3 stores closing soon, no idea if online is gonna go away or not. I wish I had that game.

7 hours ago, Leon Castle said:

It might get a discount again someday or not like the older warriors on PS4 don't get a discount anymore(only saw PW4 and OW4 Ultimate upgrade getting a discount in the last deal)

It might be the last thing I ever play. 120 hours for a silver and not even a silver towards getting a new platinum. That's a very hard sell, even for free, just so much time used.

Well we will see.

• 3 weeks later...

@Masamune

Golden Week Sale is on, Japanese sale! Biggest sale for many years!

aaaaannnndddd.....

...GodSeekers again isn't one of them on sale. lol

Still, at least the stores aren't closing on Vita now, so I didn't have to panic buy it at full price in the end.

Musou Stars 70% off though, that's a huge steal. Shame I already own it.

At that price I'm tempted to get the Chinese version...

6 hours ago, enaysoft said:

Golden Week Sale is on, Japanese sale! Biggest sale for many years!

aaaaannnndddd.....

...GodSeekers again isn't one of them on sale. lol

That was one of the first things I checked for. ? Kinda disappointed in the selection/discounts this year, last year's was way better. ?

• 2 weeks later...

So in the previous sale, a ton of Musou games were on sale, 50 and some as much as 70% off! Anyway, despite owning most of the games already, I want on a bit of a spending binge on Hong Kong Stacks...

Musou Platinum #56 Warriors All Stars, the more I play this one the more I like it, maybe it's crazy to suggest, but I think I prefer this game slightly more to Warriors Orochi 4.

No I'm serious...

I didn't particular like the game so much when I first played but after playing Warriors Orochi 4, I can finally appreciate All Stars it a bit more.

The whole Warriors All Stars game play feels like Warriors Orochi 3's gauntlet mode, except your 4 partners can't be send off to find chests. Using skills and switching between them, 5 is better than 3.

Unlike Warriors Orochi 4 where no matter who you use choose, every level plays out the same, with awfully blocked off doors that make you play the game the exact same way every single time. Warriors All Stars on the other hand, many stages have no doors at all. Sure you have the bravery system but with the right setup and strategy you can chip away at high level officers and go where you like. Best example, on Lu Bu's stage you start right next to him, he's lvl 9 and you are 1, you are meant to run away and level up elsewhere.

However, if you persevere, spam all your abilities such as Yukimura fire damage, go into musou, then chip away at him with fever for about a minute. Spam abilities again and keep chipping away. You can defeat Lu Bu immediately and end the stage within about 2 minutes.

Levelling up bravery is great in that it can be done in many ways, kill bosses only, kill a ton of enemies. You can sometimes start the stage kill a ton of bosses and be at brave 5 or 6 before you even know where you are. There are also random sub quests popping up all over, there's way more variety and ways to clear a level in this game. Every level feels and plays the same in Warriors Orochi 4 and because all your pickups just teleport to you and most of the game has little challenge, feels like you are a giant vacuum cleaner mopping up all the enemies and items.

You can teleport onto your horse as well, which is convenient but also lazy. There's just something about Warriors Orochi 4 that doesn't sit well with me, many characters also have very limp sounding sounds when hitting enemies, like you're not actually hitting anything at all.

Taking 5 characters into battle and selecting each warriors in turn until you have all 5 on the screen, being all 5 characters AT ONCE instead of switching between 3, it's absolutely ludicrous, but actually really good fun. In this game you also have various goals to finish the stages, different ways to finish a stage, branching paths, multiple endings.

Sure in this you only have about 20 characters, but most are all decently good and many have very interesting attacks, and half of them exist only this game and have not been recycled or used in any other game since. Warriors Orochi 4, well, there's 120 characters and they're just there and I just find myself taking Maeda Keiji, Orochi or other favourite characters and ignoring 99% of the roster, since the trophies don't require you to use them (on the base game at least anyway).

Why isn't William in WO4 or Ayane, Kasumi despite them being in WO3? Makes no sense.

Considering both Orochi and All Stars are lazy recycled assets and contents games, there's way more effort put into the stage backgrounds, most characters have their themed surroundings brought into this game, WO3 did this a bit with Ayane and Ryu, but in WO4, it's just so lazy, a few "chains of olympus" appear in the stages, but that's it.

So well there you go, 3rd time for Warriors All Stars, I'd happily do a 4th play through if I could find somebody who has the US version who doesn't want theirs anymore. :)

Oh Oopona is crap though. lol. Why is he in the game at all?

• Like 1

12 hours ago, enaysoft said:

Oh Oopona is crap though. lol. Why is he in the game at all?

Maybe for the Oopona fans to play Warriors All Stars maybe? Although Oopona is a Wii only game.

Nice to see you start to like Warriors All Stars more.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Leon Castle said:

Maybe for the Oopona fans to play Warriors All Stars maybe? Although Oopona is a Wii only game.

Nice to see you start to like Warriors All Stars more.

I meant more that Oopona has

- No ingame dialogue

- No presence in any cut scenes/endings

- No spa scenes

- No sub quests for you to unlock cards/bonds with him

- No dramatic special stage to unlock him

- No intro stage when you start as him

- Slow and short range attacks (compared to other characters)

- Not very useful skill (compared to other characters)

I mean he's literally an NPC tacked on into the game which is even more unfortunate when by the time you unlock him, you've already completed all the endings and perhaps at that point you're no longer interested in the game, that's of course if you went to the effort of getting them all.

I guess at least, preorder buyers got to level him up to 20 and bonds before the end of the game. Oopona does seem very out of place in this game though. Seems a cool looking dude though, but from playing this game, I still have no idea who he is as he literally just gets ignored and his existence is acknowledged by nobody else.

Edited by enaysoft