14 hours ago, enaysoft said:

I meant more that Oopona has

- No ingame dialogue

- No presence in any cut scenes/endings

- No spa scenes

- No sub quests for you to unlock cards/bonds with him

- No dramatic special stage to unlock him

- No intro stage when you start as him

- Slow and short range attacks (compared to other characters)

- Not very useful skill (compared to other characters)

I mean he's literally an NPC tacked on into the game which is even more unfortunate when by the time you unlock him, you've already completed all the endings and perhaps at that point you're no longer interested in the game, that's of course if you went to the effort of getting them all.

I guess at least, preorder buyers got to level him up to 20 and bonds before the end of the game. Oopona does seem very out of place in this game though. Seems a cool looking dude though, but from playing this game, I still have no idea who he is as he literally just gets ignored and his existence is acknowledged by nobody else.

After looking Oopona up, he was to be a Cameo NPC but then he got excited reaction from fans which Omega Force sealed Omega Force 's decision to make him playable or so it says at this character's Koei Wiki Page: Oopona

Maybe he gets a bigger role and bit more useful(maybe) in Warriors All-Stars 2 if it ever gets made.

Yo, plated now dw 7 empires, with that one i had most fun with the 7 series. Playing as evil fame homeboy was hella fun even if my whole gang left me after the years cuz i was evil asf. Guess next is warrior all stars na

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Sagaan said:

Yo, plated now dw 7 empires, with that one i had most fun with the 7 series. Playing as evil fame homeboy was hella fun even if my whole gang left me after the years cuz i was evil asf. Guess next is warrior all stars na

Updated.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Yo, Plated now warrior all stars na version,  this time i was 5 days faster like before. Plat took me 60h around. Guess dw 8 and 8treme both ps 3 gonna be next till samurai warriors 5 arrive.

Edited by Sagaan
  • Like 1

Musou Platinum #57 Dynasty Warriors 8 Empires

I'm starting to really enjoy Empires games, I get so drained having to weapons for every single character. It's nice to just play and mostly have fun.

Getting surprisingly good at "reading" Chinese, despite the fact I can't pronounce any words, it's nice that many kanji words look very similar to Japanese, getting the all the "Way of Life" in this version was pretty tricky though, had to use the Japanese version on my Vita and somehow try and match stuff up. It's annoying that it only lists all the way of life you have unlocked in order without any ?????? in between showing which ones you are missing.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Warriors Orochi 4 is 30% off in the current sale.

Well I've waited for some sort of sale due to the DLC being insanely over priced, well this 30% off certainly makes the price more bearable, wish it was 50% though.

A shame that Godseekers never seems to be on sale, ever.

Got the upgrade for Warriors Orochi 4. I might be mistaken but it looks most sales on PS Store with Warriors is mostly the newest ones so this sale might be the last time Warriors Orochi 4 is on offer with SW5 coming and sometime after that DW9E.

Disappointing that SW4E and Spirit of Sanada or some of the other Anime Warriors games is not on offer.

• 3 weeks later...

Howdy,plated today samurai warriors 5. its the best Muso game in the last few years. I hope dw 10 goes same Route as sw 5. Plat took me 102 hours and 32 min. Few objektives r anoying to trigger. Rare weapons r a joke in the game compared to selfmade weps. Atleast u dont need  certain objectives to clear in a specific order. Horse muso is really op in sw 5. So muso horse Setup its the easiest way to get s ranks in hard/nightmare and dem rare weps. I had lot of fun with the game. Now i wait for sw 5-2/xtreme legends xD.

Edited by Sagaan
  • Like 3

I feel Koei Tecmo have lost their way, especially since Samurai Warriors 5 is just full of clones and even less characters. Dynasty Warriors 9 is just truly awful. Dynasty Warriors 6-II we could call it. I saw videos of Dynasty Warriors 9 Empires, and it's just the same awful combat system but with squares. It looks like a bad version of Dynasty Warriors Next.

In a kind of protest I started playing a new stack of Dynasty Warriors 8 instead, I had forgotten just how good the game was, a game that is nearly 10 years old now released in 2013.

This is coming off the back of Warriors Orochi 4, which is just pretty good, but Dynasty Warriors 8 just seems so much more fun. The battles have so much more variety than Orochi 4.

It's kind of sad that we're at the end of good Warriors games.

Dynasty Warriors 8 and Samurai Warriors 4 was the peak and now it's downhill from here.

It's odd how the spin off games are better now than the base game, games like Zelda Musou and that Persona one.

After attaining 60 Musou platinums, I think I might just stop playing these games.

9 minutes ago, Sagaan said:

Howdy,plated today samurai warriors 5. its the best Muso game in the last few years. I hope dw 10 goes same Route as sw 5. Plat took me 102 hours and 32 min. Few objektives r anoying to trigger. Rare weapons r a joke in the game compared to selfmade weps. Atleast u dont need certain objectives to clear in a specific order. Horse muso is really op in sw 5. so muso horse Setup its the easiest way to get 2 ranks and all dem rare weps. I had lot of fun with the game. Now i wait for sw 5-2/xtreme legends xD.

Updated. Who knows maybe instead of a II/XL/E, we might get a sort of a sequel with Hideyoshi in the lead.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Leon Castle said:

Updated. Who knows maybe instead of a II/XL/E, we might get a sort of a sequel with Hideyoshi in the lead.

Yea and leyasu next or both storys appear of the unifiers in the next entry. The only downside for me was all other dudes stay on their age except oda and mitsuhide. Everyone should age as well. Also many clones were a bit anoying but for me its not a big deal. Since every main roster dude got their unique moves except the npc dudes.

• Like 1

No PS4 version?

I've lost count how many games aren't being released on Sony's systems anymore. Zelda Musou, fair enough. I mean, it's Zelda!

Then there was Fire Emblem and now this.

Also "Ranbu", wasn't that the name of the awful shitty combat system on Dynasty Warriors 6?

[edit] Nah it was Renbu

Edited by enaysoft

On 8/5/2021 at 9:35 PM, Sagaan said:

Howdy,plated today samurai warriors 5. its the best Muso game in the last few years. I hope dw 10 goes same Route as sw 5. Plat took me 102 hours and 32 min. Few objektives r anoying to trigger. Rare weapons r a joke in the game compared to selfmade weps. Atleast u dont need  certain objectives to clear in a specific order. Horse muso is really op in sw 5. So muso horse Setup its the easiest way to get s ranks in hard/nightmare and dem rare weps. I had lot of fun with the game. Now i wait for sw 5-2/xtreme legends xD.

Congratulations on getting the plat already! I'm about 100 hours in and nowhere near done, though that's because I always go back and S-rank each stage on all difficulties when I finish a chapter even though it's not necessary for the plat - I just enjoy it so much haha! It's definitely overall a bit less time consuming than 4 & 4-II, but wow I gotta say I'm totally with you - absolute BEST Musou in quite a long time (and that's considering the really tough competition of the Nintendo warriors & Persona Strikers). 

Not gonna lie, was a tiny bit worried how the game was gonna turn out after not appreciating the drastically different direction of DW9, but as someone who's been playing and loving these games for almost 20 years now, SW5 is up there with the best of 'em.

20 minutes ago, Leon Castle said:

A new Musou/Warriors is coming

Touken Ranbu Musou

Huh, this is certainly interesting! Had to go and look this IP up. That's actually something I really appreciate about the multitude of Musou crossover games - they introduce me to all sorts of franchises I've never heard of before through the framework of a genre and developer I enjoy! :) 

• Like 1

I was always hoping they'd make a Naruto Musou or Dragon Ball Z Musou but it's looking likely they never will.

I still think the best cross over they have done is Hokuto Musou. That game was made to be a Musou game but I dare say most people will remember the also very good Fist Of The North Star Yakuza game.

12 hours ago, enaysoft said:

No PS4 version?

I've lost count how many games aren't being released on Sony's systems anymore. Zelda Musou, fair enough. I mean, it's Zelda!

Then there was Fire Emblem and now this.

Also "Ranbu", wasn't that the name of the awful shitty combat system on Dynasty Warriors 6?

[edit] Nah it was Renbu

Only Switch and PC

Compared to Zelda and Fire Emblem, touken ranbu is a sort of a otome game for PC(the series has a anime too).

12 hours ago, Deadly_Ha_Ha said:

Random comment but I'm planning on playing Dragon Quest Heroes and Bleach Soul Resurreccion.

That's a random comment alright, DQH is a Musou but yet not part of the series even through it's made by Omega Force but Bleach Soul Resurreccion on the other hand is a Musou-like.

Speaking of Musou/Warriors takes on series, I still like to see a Star Wars Musou(based on the prequel or/and original trilogy)

• Like 1

Star Wars Musou would be great, there's a whole ton of IP they could do. Like they did with Troy Musou, I'd love to see a King Arthur And The Knights Of The Round Musou, or Robin Hood Musou.

It's not like those old legends have any kind of trademarks.

Capcom did a great job with Dungeons & Dragons and Knights Of The Round back in the arcades. No idea why they can't have a try at western battles and not just Chinese and Japanese ones. Lord Of The Rings or Fire and Ice Musou would be some others, although likely impossible licences.

Edited by enaysoft
  • Like 1

On 12/08/2021 at 0:59 AM, Deadly_Ha_Ha said:

Random comment but I'm planning on playing Dragon Quest Heroes and Bleach Soul Resurreccion. They'd be the first musou games I've played since the ps2

Expect a long grind for Bleach, Barragan and Uryu (only when full upgraded)  are the best characters, and honestly, the only two  that make mission 28 at very hard possible.

DQH1 in comparison is less grindy, though I heard 2 is much grindier.

On 13/08/2021 at 1:08 AM, enaysoft said:

Star Wars Musou would be great, there's a whole ton of IP they could do. Like they did with Troy Musou, I'd love to see a King Arthur And The Knights Of The Round Musou, or Robin Hood Musou.

It's not like those old legends have any kind of trademarks.

Capcom did a great job with Dungeons & Dragons and Knights Of The Round back in the arcades. No idea why they can't have a try at western battles and not just Chinese and Japanese ones. Lord Of The Rings or Fire and Ice Musou would be some others, although likely impossible licences.

Closest we got was the Middle Earth shadow of X series,  not musou, but the best we can expect from western devs regarding the genre.

Edited by scemopagliaccioh
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Howdy, i plated now dw 8 for the ps 3. The plat took me 138h, i had lot of fun while doin it since dw 8 xl was my fav in the series. I hope i can use my safe from dw 8 into dw 8 xl cuz i like to plat it for the ps 3 as well.

Edited by Sagaan

1 hour ago, Sagaan said:

Howdy, i plated now dw 8 for the ps 3. The plat took me 138h, i had lot of fun while doin it since dw 8 xl was my fav in the series. I hope i can use my safe from dw 8 into dw 8 xl cuz i like to plat it for the ps 3 as well.

Updated.

Looks like you can your save data from DW8 or DX8 XL PS4* on DW8 XL PS3.

*Don't know if DW8 XL PS3 plat will auto-pop if you use your PS4 Save Data.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Leon Castle said:

Updated.

Looks like you can your save data from DW8 or DX8 XL PS4* on DW8 XL PS3.

*Don't know if DW8 XL PS3 plat will auto-pop if you use your PS4 Save Data.

K ty i try it, i still have my safe from ps 4 dw 8 xl as well, if ps 4 safe works i rather use this one then vanila dw 8. 

• Like 1