Let's Play Warriors

43 minutes ago, starcrunch061 said:

No, but I kind of want to. This game has infuriated me to no end, multiple times. It's so unapproachable. I would like to help others.

But I would need help myself, because there's so much crap in this game. 

I wouldn't mind helping, but the thing is I found a job a few weeks ago, so now I don't have as much free time as I used to & don't want to spend 100% of my time on a guide. I'm willing to answer questions and/or be a co-author if you want me, but I can't do it on my own as well.

1 hour ago, starcrunch061 said:

No, but I kind of want to. This game has infuriated me to no end, multiple times. It's so unapproachable. I would like to help others.

But I would need help myself, because there's so much crap in this game. 

56 minutes ago, viech54 said:

I wouldn't mind helping, but the thing is I found a job a few weeks ago, so now I don't have as much free time as I used to & don't want to spend 100% of my time on a guide. I'm willing to answer questions and/or be a co-author if you want me, but I can't do it on my own as well.

Wish I remembered...anything other than the game being annoying as hell to figure out. I wanted to write a guide as well when I platted it but by the time I had started typing and saving multiple note pads worth of info I had already forgotten much of the info of what I had gotten before. :facepalm: 

@starcrunch061 Maybe this site will help for DW8E?

http://asoh.xyz/archive:_home

----------------------------------------

Small update on Samurai Warriors 4 Empires.

Game really pissed me off last night. Across multiple playthroughs I've gotten all the Battlefield Tactics and the trophy did not pop. It's probably the biggest slog of the game and there's 2 things that could have gone wrong.

1) I didn't get them all in one run which will be very annoying, and numerous comments stated that this wasn't necessary. Though, some comments did say that's what they did.

2) I didn't use a tactic called Pillage...which again...isn't necessary from a few different sources. Couldn't get the damn thing to trigger anyways. 

So now I need:

Unparalleled Tactician

The Tales of History

Rise of the Guardians

Women of Action

I'm hoping to get Rise and Women at the same time. Problem is I've never lasted long enough in Conquest or Genesis Mode to fill up my retainers slots and then move people over to the Guardians slots. :S I have a save where it's just women so hopefully I can get it there if I play long enough. I imagine it will need a lot of territory taking and losing in order to battle enough times and build up "friendship"?

Tales of History will be a bit slow going, but I found a guide to help out.

https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/koeiwarriors/sw4e-all-events-guide-t24594.html

Also here is a guide for the Banners trophy I got last night for anyone that might need it.

http://asoh.xyz/guide:sw4e-banner#toc2

Edited by Avatar_Of_Battle
  • Like 1

1L13c1e6.png

Completionist (Dynasty Warriors 8: Empires)

Obtain all of the trophies in the game

Right, so that happened. This game is a mess. It plays well enough, but the design is so flawed. I've bitched about the Ways of Life before, but let me say again: what were they thinking? It was particularly strange to be awarded the Virtuous Saint Way of Life when my current virtue was (literally) -9999. Tying the WoL to previously earned titles, and then tiering the system was bad enough. Tying fixed strategies to WoL was the feces icing on the shit cake.

But even simple things were screwy here. I never got a handle on getting items within the game (other than as gifts for quests or just having them given to me). Having to create an item store in a certain town, raise it to a certain level (none of which was shown to you), to buy a certain item was incredibly confusing.

Also, there was an item called Custom Saddle. Supposedly, this gave you access to a Custom Warhorse. For the entire game, that never happened. Oh well. This is the worst Dynasty Warriors game I've ever played (that includes DW6, but not DW9). 

Anyway, for people wanting to plat this, a couple more points.

Enemies Abound: I got this pretty easily by playing as Li Ru during the Tyranny of Dong Zhuo (Chaos difficulty). I guess you could play as anyone in power on Dong Zhuo's side, but the strategist was easy enough. I just levied each town in turn, waiting for the attacks to come in. When they did, I would repair the damage. After about 8 months or so, I was attacked by three people simultaneously. It works well because Dong Zhuo has a lot of enemies around him.

Prize Pick: This was tricky for me, and the last title I got. Although it was said that a Marshal or a Strategist could give this to you, I never saw it. What I did was used the Heroes scenario (Beginner difficulty), and found two capitals that were next to each other. I befriended one ruler, and joined the other. I made an alliance, which allowed me to join invasions or defend the other ruler. I also invaded for my given ruler, and raided. After a couple of years, the other ruler asked me to be a Prefect. Also, I was a Common officer (not a Lieutenant).

Also, do NOT play the game as a woman (except to get their relevant titles/WoL) In what might be the single worst design flaw in the game, both famous and common officers can propose to you. it would have been bad enough with just famous officers, but the common officers make the whole process so annoying. I had 5 proposals within one year playing as a woman.

Getting promoted to Marshal/Strategist tends to happen late in the game, but both are pretty easy.

For winning the game on Chaos, you can really game the system. By the time I got here, I was grouchy with the game, and decided to test its limits. I took a couple of regions via invasion, and then just started threatening people. Early on, the percentages are really low, so that sucked. However, later in the game, the percentages get up into the 50%-60% range. I managed to get the last 8 enemies to surrender. It's not hard to win on Chaos or anything, but it's kind of a funny, lackluster end to a lackluster game.

Anyway, is it time to start Warriors: All-Stars. Hmmm...NAAAAAHHHH.

I think I'm moving on to Dynasty Warrior 7:XL. This Let's Play has been great for wrapping up old titles.

Edited by starcrunch061
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, starcrunch061 said:

For winning the game on Chaos, you can really game the system. By the time I got here, I was grouchy with the game, and decided to test its limits. I took a couple of regions via invasion, and then just started threatening people. Early on, the percentages are really low, so that sucked. However, later in the game, the percentages get up into the 50%-60% range. I managed to get the last 8 enemies to surrender. It's not hard to win on Chaos or anything, but it's kind of a funny, lackluster end to a lackluster game.

I just made a custom scenario where I had almost all of the land while the enemy had just one piece of the land and had my strongest Fire Sword and Red Hare and was level 50... I gotta say DW8: Empires Chaos is a joke compared to DW7: Empires Chaos. Good Job on clearing one more DW. updated your stats on the OP.

Just now, Leon Castle said:

I just made a custom scenario where I had almost all of the land while the enemy had just one piece of the land and had my strongest Fire Sword and Red Hare and was level 50... I gotta say DW8: Empires Chaos is a joke compared to DW7: Empires Chaos. Good Job on clearing one more DW. updated your stats on the OP.

LOL! I really didn't think of using the custom scenarios.

What a joke. Christ - my Chaos playthrough is yet another hour of my life I'll never get back.

• Like 1

@starcrunch061 

Congrats on getting through the game. :D 

I won't be able to play DW7E unless it's through PS Now, but after DW8E and SW4E...I don't think I have it in me to ever play another Empires game again. The games are ok enough, but they are purposely made to confuse and fuck players over with trophy requirements.

I really wish KT/Omega Force would remaster 3-5 for the PS2 titles on PS4...but I'd be ok with the Empires games being left out. :P 

Finally finished up SW4E. I wasted a good 10 hours probably trying to get all the Tactics and it turns out one I had noted down as having had in a playthrough before note taking...I didn't have. :angry: Anyways, here are some detailed links for the 3 slog trophies should anyone need them. 

Banner Trophy

Events Trophy

Tactics Trophy

• Like 2

Congratulations @starcrunch061 @Avatar_Of_Battle

Made some good progress in Warriors Orochi 4. The main story is out of the way, cleared a stage in less than four minutes and without taking damage, then started working on all battle objectives and S ranks. Will probably finish that next weekend. All that's left afterwards are all stages on the chaotic difficulty. Fully upgrading my camp will come naturally while going for the other trophies. The plat should be mine next week.

5 minutes ago, viech54 said:

Congratulations @starcrunch061 @Avatar_Of_Battle

Made some good progress in Warriors Orochi 4. The main story is out of the way, cleared a stage in less than four minutes and without taking damage, then started working on all battle objectives and S ranks. Will probably finish that next weekend. All that's left afterwards are all stages on the chaotic difficulty. Fully upgrading my camp will come naturally while going for the other trophies. The plat should be mine next week.

I know people generally get irritated by this...but I'm going to do it anyways lol.

Judging from the % between WO3, WO3U and WO4 it doesn't seem like WO4 is nearly as grindy or long? How does it stack up?

Rolling on DW7:XL. I didn't really love this game before, but after DW8:E, it feels flippin' great now. 

One more weapon and I'll have all of them in the game. Then it's on to titles, and finally mindless grinding for 1000 wins.

16 hours ago, Avatar_Of_Battle said:

@starcrunch061 

Congrats on getting through the game. :D 

I won't be able to play DW7E unless it's through PS Now, but after DW8E and SW4E...I don't think I have it in me to ever play another Empires game again. The games are ok enough, but they are purposely made to confuse and fuck players over with trophy requirements.

I really wish KT/Omega Force would remaster 3-5 for the PS2 titles on PS4...but I'd be ok with the Empires games being left out. :P 

I played DW7:E through PSNow myself. I really enjoyed it, personally. It's a pretty compact plat, by Warriors standards. And instead of ways of life, they just have 6 personality types you can fall into, which makes a whole lot more sense. 

There is an annoying trophy or two, if memory serves, but most of them are achieved by playing the game normally.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Avatar_Of_Battle said:

I know people generally get irritated by this...but I'm going to do it anyways lol.

Judging from the % between WO3, WO3U and WO4 it doesn't seem like WO4 is nearly as grindy or long? How does it stack up?

True, it's not even close to the likes of WO3U or WO3. It has way less content (or at least feels that way, didn't count the stages & compared that to previous WOs). Can't say anything about the difficulty just yet, haven't played on chaotic yet, but it feels like crafting some good weapons will pretty much instantly break the game. Some enemies have hyper armor, i. e. it's not that easy to interrupt them, but once you do and land some good hits, they're dead.

There is not much grinding to do other than clearing all stages on S rank/on chaos and completing all battle objectives on any difficulty. None of the objectives are overly difficult.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, starcrunch061 said:

I played DW7:E through PSNow myself. I really enjoyed it, personally. It's a pretty compact plat, by Warriors standards. And instead of ways of life, they just have 6 personality types you can fall into, which makes a whole lot more sense. 

There is an annoying trophy or two, if memory serves, but most of them are achieved by playing the game normally.

I probably couldn't plat it in the week the trial gives anyways. One day I'll subscribe for a month and maybe get through it. I did try it for a bit a while ago with the first trial but it didn't seem like it played well so I dropped it for another game before I wasted too much time. (I say first trial because I thought I read here that it was reset?)

1 hour ago, viech54 said:

True, it's not even close to the likes of WO3U or WO3. It has way less content (or at least feels that way, didn't count the stages & compared that to previous WOs). Can't say anything about the difficulty just yet, haven't played on chaotic yet, but it feels like crafting some good weapons will pretty much instantly break the game. Some enemies have hyper armor, i. e. it's not that easy to interrupt them, but once you do and land some good hits, they're dead.

There is not much grinding to do other than clearing all stages on S rank/on chaos and completing all battle objectives on any difficulty. None of the objectives are overly difficult.

Sounds good to me. It's a Musou game so I'd likely end up playing it anyways, but knowing I won't be spending the kind of time I did with the previous 2 games is nice lol.

39 minutes ago, Avatar_Of_Battle said:

Sounds good to me. It's a Musou game so I'd likely end up playing it anyways, but knowing I won't be spending the kind of time I did with the previous 2 games is nice lol.

Well, kinda. I liked what they did in WO3U with the Gauntlet Mode and would've liked to see something similar. At least we got Kyubi back, she's one of my favorite characters since I unlocked her in WO3U.

I wouldn't mind a longer, more time consuming plat in WO4. Maybe we'll get that in WO4U if this ever sees the light of day.

Cleared all battle objectives in chapter 1 & 2, also got all S ranks in these chapters.

Edited by viech54
  • Like 2

So, moving along on my quest to clean up Warriors games I own:

29L51a722.png

Weapons Master

Acquired all weapons in Legend Mode

Got this yesterday. Strangely, it popped before getting the relevant trophy for finishing all Nightmare difficulty weapons. I think it's how the game reads the weapons; since this includes both weapons earned in battle and weapons bought from shops and received from merchants, this popped as soon as the list was complete. However, the difficulty weapons only register when you complete a level, so it delayed the last one.

Anyway, this morning, I received this one as well:

19L418f41.png

King of Wei

Cao Cao and Cao Pi awarded top title

While I know the Lu Bu title will take some work here, this is a lot easier than I thought it would be. Battle of Taoyang is great for 9 or 10 star nightmare titles.

I'm not looking forward to the extra 500 or so battles I'll need to get to 1000 total, though. The load times on this game are pretty bad. But we're still a ways off for that.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, viech54 said:

Dynasty Warriors Godseekers is on sale in my region's PSN. Do you have any experience with the game, would you recommend it?

I got it from that sale myself and is going to start it after I'm done with the Empires, Main and XL. from I read about it, it's a tactical role-playing game, if you like games like Fire Emblem, Valkyria Chronicles and Disgaea etc. I say go for it.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Leon Castle said:

I got it from that sale myself and is going to start it after I'm done with the Empires, Main and XL. from I read about it, it's a tactical role-playing game, if you like games like Fire Emblem, Valkyria Chronicles and Disgaea etc. I say go for it.

I do like some good strategy games every now and then. Plus, it could be nice to see a different battle system in the Warriors franchise just once.

So, progress. Cleared about 2/3 of all battles on S rank and cleared all battle objectives in these stages as well. Might be able to get all S ranks and battle objectives today. That would leave only the trophy for beating everything on the chaotic difficulty.

• Like 1

Cleared all stages on S rank, completed all battle objectives, fully upgraded my camp. I'm actually a bit sad that I only need to clear all stages on the chaotic difficulty. WO games are more fun than most other Warriors games imo, don't mind them being longer.

Here's my current setup for chaotic (read if you know every character in WO4 is playable, don't if you don't know anything about the game/don't want  spoilers): These are endgame builds, you need to beat many Pandemonium stages to get all weapon attributes.

Spoiler

Kyubi

Weapon attributes: Might | Courage | Windslay | Absorption | Reach | Wrath | Flamebolt | Agility

My main character for most stages. Absorption heals her all the time, Wrath ensures Flame & Wind & Bolt trigger 100% of the time, everything else increases damage, makes me faster or increases my attack range. Kyubi absolutely needs Wrath, she can't use element attributes otherwise.

Athena

Weapon: Absorption | Courage | Might | Destruction | Reach | Boltslay | Flamewind | Wrath or Osmosis on the last stot

Consider Athena a kill switch. Switch to Athena, use her Musou attack, go back to Kyubi until her Musou is back to 100%, go back to Athena, use Musou, rinse and repeat. Her Musou attack has an insane range and deals crazy amounts of damage. That, or have Osmosis (refills Musou gauge based on the damage dealt) on the 8th slot and constantly spam her Musou attack to obliterate literally everything. At least in theory. Haven't tested Osmosis yet. Athena also has some decent charge attacks & can dispose of enemy officers if Kyubi needs to heal because enemies with hyper armor interrupted her too much.

edit: Osmosis doesn't refill the Musou gauge upon using her Musou, Athena has a really high elemental activation rate (pretty much on all attacks), so Wrath is not needed either. Will post an update when I deciced what to use instead. If you want to add it to the starting post, don't just yet, wait until all three characters have great builds and mention that it's just one possibility among many. This is not the only way to break chaotic difficulty.

Susano'o

Honestly just a placeholder at this point, don't have a good weapon for him just yet and never needed anyone other than Kyubi to finish stages on chaotic so far. Susano'o revived once upon being killed in previous WO games, didn't test it so far, don't know if he has that passive skill in WO4, but could be helpful when facing certain enemies on chaotic if he has it. Odin's supposedly really good, but haven't used him yet and don't have decent weapons for him as well. Maybe I'll use Odin someday.

Edited by viech54
  • Like 2

After clearing 80% of the story battles on Chaotic, I can say that it's not worth mentioning so far. No enemy was challenging at all. The game has a stage or two that might give me some trouble, but overall nothing too bad. I still haven't decided on a third character. I should get the plat tomorrow or early in the morning on Sunday.

I have one complaint about WO4: There's hardly any reason to use all characters. That was different in previous games, you at least had to use everything for their unique weapons.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ChastityFail said:

What about dragon quest heroes 1 and 2. As it has the same premise as the warrior games ? They basically are warrior games fundamentally. 

Like Attack on Titan/A.O.T games It's only made by Omega Force and goes under just "Dragon Quest" Series not "Warriors/Musou" Series.