Let's Play Warriors

8 hours ago, Leon Castle said:

Now there's names over the plats.

Thanks, much appreciated.

Hi guys, I'm back from this chaotic battlefield with more spoils of war.

1La7215b.png

https://psnprofiles.com/trophies/8238-warriors-orochi-4/viech54

It's an overall good Warriors game that dares to try new things that are not implemented into the main series for whatever reason. The magic system gives us new ways of fighting enemies and can be used for some way too strong strategies. One of them is playing as Kyubi, having the Sacred Treasure DLC, equipping her DLC Sacred Treasure, then using the charged magic attack. This will suck all nearby enemies into a black hole and damage them. While they are in the black hole, you start your combo of mass destruction that will kill all who survive the black hole. This literally works on any enemy regardless of them being speed, power, or technique type and makes otherwise decently challenging power types (hard to interrupt due to hyper armor) a joke.

My only complaint is that it is too short compared to other WO games. Would've liked to play a lot more WO4. Too bad there's no such thing as Gauntlet Mode (from WO3U).

Anyway, this was my last Warriors game of 2018, need to get some other games done before going for another Warriors game.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, viech54 said:

Hi guys, I'm back from this chaotic battlefield with more spoils of war.

1La7215b.png

https://psnprofiles.com/trophies/8238-warriors-orochi-4/viech54

It's an overall good Warriors game that dares to try new things that are not implemented into the main series for whatever reason. The magic system gives us new ways of fighting enemies and can be used for some way too strong strategies. One of them is playing as Kyubi, having the Sacred Treasure DLC, equipping her DLC Sacred Treasure, then using the charged magic attack. This will suck all nearby enemies into a black hole and damage them. While they are in the black hole, you start your combo of mass destruction that will kill all who survive the black hole. This literally works on any enemy regardless of them being speed, power, or technique type and makes otherwise decently challenging power types (hard to interrupt due to hyper armor) a joke.

My only complaint is that it is too short compared to other WO games. Would've liked to play a lot more WO4. Too bad there's no such thing as Gauntlet Mode (from WO3U).

Good Job on clearing all 3 Warriors Orochi game cYAXDtk.gif

Of "Other" Warriors games you only miss All Stars and Troy(bad they had to remove Achilles from WO4, He would fit well as he's Greek like Zeus)

2 hours ago, viech54 said:

Anyway, this was my last Warriors game of 2018, need to get some other games done before going for another Warriors game.

I'm working on 3 UR games at moment, for me my last Warriors game of 2018 is Troy Musou or if I make it in time Dynasty Warriors 8 Empires.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Leon Castle said:

Good Job on clearing all 3 Warriors Orochi game cYAXDtk.gif

Of "Other" Warriors games you only miss All Stars and Troy(bad they had to remove Achilles from WO4, He would fit well as he's Greek like Zeus)

I'm working on 3 UR games at moment, for me my last Warriors game of 2018 is Troy Musou or if I make it in time Dynasty Warriors 8 Empires.

Thanks :). Don't have All Stars/Troy, but thanks for telling me, will keep this in mind. It would be nice to clear one sub-series and maybe be the first to do so for this Let's Play.

I'd be working on an UR game (Ys: Origin) if not for Final Fantasy XV's Comrades expansion becoming a standalone game next month. No one really knows what'll happen to the trophies and if they'll still be obtainable, so many people want to get it done before that happens.

Edited by viech54
  • Like 1

I hope everyone enjoyed Thanksgiving. I too have some more glorious Warriors booty:

1Lf6ae24.png

True Warrior of the Three Kingdoms

Obtained all trophies

This game was fun to play, but infuriated me all the same. Way too little content, particularly for trophies that ask you to raise everyone's affection levels and earn everyone's titles. And 1000 battles?!? Give me a break. But it's done, so I've done 3 games during this Let's Play.

No more delays. Warriors All-Stars is on the docket...right after I finish up King's Quest and maybe Arc the Lad. I'm kind of Warriors'ed out right now.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, starcrunch061 said:

1Lf6ae24.png

True Warrior of the Three Kingdoms

Obtained all trophies

This game was fun to play, but infuriated me all the same. Way too little content, particularly for trophies that ask you to raise everyone's affection levels and earn everyone's titles. And 1000 battles?!? Give me a break. But it's done, so I've done 3 games during this Let's Play.

Good Job cYAXDtk.gif

You have only 9, Next and Godseekers left to do.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I found SW4 to be rather excellent so it's good to have on the Switch. Though obviously I'm just going to play 4-II or Empires if I want more SW since no way I'll get 100% on that again.

As for the event, I'm not in my best trophy hunting streak, but I haven't given up on the DW Gundam 2 plat. I just finished the extra missions for Milliardo, Judau and Glemy. Only two missions left! I'm going to try and finish Gym Ghingham's mission tomorrow and start working on Paptimus Scirocco. I think Scirocco needs a bit of extra grind, but I was able to do the rest around 34-38 level range. The method is roughly to play collection missions to get enough kills to unlock the special levels and joining the Gundam Fight league for skills/leveling when Rain sends the message. Pilot sense should be unlocked asap from whatever suit possible (I like the Re-GZ if tier 1's aren't available for the pilot). Doing the second round of Gundam Fight on Hard takes like 15 seconds in gameplay time for 4500-5000 xp and gives a chance to unlock a skill, though the menus obviously make this longer. Beating the league also puts Domon on Trust/Friendship instantly so it's possible to get license for God Gundam easy. That Gundam can't be used in these special missions, but it is essential for getting Serene Mind, since no way anyone is crazy enough to get it from Musha mkII.

Edited by mecharobot
  • Like 1

34 minutes ago, mecharobot said:

I found SW4 to be rather excellent so it's good to have on the Switch. Though obviously I'm just going to play 4-II or Empires if I want more SW since no way I'll get 100% on that again.

As for the event, I'm not in my best trophy hunting streak, but I haven't given up on the DW Gundam 2 plat. I just finished the extra missions for Milliardo, Judau and Glemy. Only two missions left! I'm going to try and finish Gym Ghingham's mission tomorrow and start working on Paptimus Scirocco. I think Scirocco needs a bit of extra grind, but I was able to do the rest around 34-38 level range. The method is roughly to play collection missions to get enough kills to unlock the special levels and joining the Gundam Fight league for skills/leveling when Rain sends the message. Pilot sense should be unlocked asap from whatever suit possible (I like the Re-GZ if tier 1's aren't available for the pilot). Doing the second round of Gundam Fight on Hard takes like 15 seconds in gameplay time for 4500-5000 xp and gives a chance to unlock a skill, though the menus obviously make this longer. Beating the league also puts Domon on Trust/Friendship instantly so it's possible to get license for God Gundam easy. That Gundam can't be used in these special missions, but it is essential for getting Serene Mind, since no way anyone is crazy enough to get it from Musha mkII.

I would give you the entire trophy list if I could somehow take your online trophies for Gundam 2 lol. Almost 4 years later and I'm still regretting trading it in instead of just waiting for someone to boost with. :facepalm: one day though...one day...

SW4-II is good. Empires was definitely the weakest of the 3 for me. I don't know it's just something about the Empires expansions that seem to rub me the wrong way. 

Okay here is the ugly washed out cup I wasted ages getting from S8c1181.png:

1Le32c5e.png

100% of Trophies Obtained!

Such a nice platinum title too, gotta love it. For those not familiar with DW Gundam platinums, this is the most annoying one to get. Reason is the mission mode, which is separate for every character. That means if player wants to play with many characters, all the licences, skills, relationships and mission progress have to be done from zero up. Every single mission in the game has to be completed and some characters happen to have a very high level mission specific only to them. So while it's possible to do 90% with a maxed out favorite, the remaining 10% will still take a lot of work. A lot of grinding was just me resetting missions to get right characters to appear so I can raise or lower their friendship levels, or praying RNG I get the skill I need. That's right, sometimes there is a need to have certain character to be high and others low simultaneously and it's really messy. Now I could rag on about a few other issues about the game, but that would be unnecessary. It's done.

@Avatar_Of_Battle Good news is the game is really easy to boost. Takes like an hour in the ranked sudden death mode and other player can afk. No powerful suits or leveled up characters needed. You can even send a message if you happen to get a copy somewhere when the event is still on.

Edited by mecharobot
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, mecharobot said:

1Le32c5e.png

Such a nice platinum title too, gotta love it. For those not familiar with DW Gundam platinums, this is the most annoying one to get. Reason is the mission mode, which is separate for every character. That means if player wants to play with many characters, all the licences, skills, relationships and mission progress have to be done from zero up. Every single mission in the game has to be completed and some characters happen to have a very high level mission specific only to them. So while it's possible to do 90% with a maxed out favorite, the remaining 10% will still take a lot of work. A lot of grinding was just me resetting missions to get right characters to appear so I can raise or lower their friendship levels, or praying RNG I get the skill I need. That's right, sometimes there is a need to have certain character to be high and others low simultaneously and it's really messy. Now I could rag on about a few other issues about the game, but that would be unnecessary. It's done.

@Avatar_Of_Battle Good news is the game is really easy to boost. Takes like an hour in the ranked sudden death mode and other player can afk. No powerful suits or leveled up characters needed. You can even send a message if you happen to get a copy somewhere when the event is still on.

Congrats on the plat. :D 

I always figured the online was easy to boost because 10 wins in a row was all it took if I remember right, but even back when I had it the online was always dead. And I spent a fair bit of time checking the servers throughout the day and never found another player. (I think it might have actually been about 2 weeks.) If I find another copy I definitely will. ?

• Like 1

On 12/19/2018 at 1:00 AM, mecharobot said:

1Le32c5e.png

Good job, updated.

Uh.... how could I miss such a great event. I am a big fan of the series, especially DW. I can say they are my favorite games. DW3 is my first PS2 game back then and I finished a few warriors games since then. 

However, given how fast they make these games, it would be a waste to play ALL of them IMO.

Plan to tackle Warrior Orochi 4 soon.

• Like 1

On 12/20/2018 at 9:28 PM, Maverick6146 said:

Uh.... how could I miss such a great event. I am a big fan of the series, especially DW. I can say they are my favorite games. DW3 is my first PS2 game back then and I finished a few warriors games since then. 

However, given how fast they make these games, it would be a waste to play ALL of them IMO.

Plan to tackle Warrior Orochi 4 soon.

Added.

• 3 weeks later...

Just when you thought no one cared...

1Lbdc821.png

True Warrior of the 3 Kingdoms (Dynasty Warriors 9)

Obtained all of the trophies in the game

So, comic book guy said it best:

Image result for there is no emoticon for what I am feeling Simpsons youtube

I could write for pages about what is wrong with this game (and I probably will on the DW9 forum), but instead, I'll simply borrow from the famous poet Sam Coleridge:

Warriors, Warriors everywhere, and boy did this one stink!

Warriors, Warriors everywhere...I think I need a drink.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, starcrunch061 said:

1Lbdc821.png

True Warrior of the 3 Kingdoms (Dynasty Warriors 9)

Obtained all of the trophies in the game

Good job on clearing the worst Dynasty Warriors game (I don't have it so it's give and take about the "worst" part)

maybe they drop Gen. 9 and go to make DW 10 instead...

• 7 months later...

Dats a cool thread i would like to join as well. I plated the following warrior games.

Dynasty warriors 8 empires

Dynasty warriors 8 xtreme legends

Dynasty warriors 9

Warriors orochi 3 ultimate 

Warriors orochi 4

Samurai warriors 4-2

Samurai warriors spirits of sanada

Fist of the north star: lost paradise

One Piece Pirate Warriors 1

One Piece Pirate Warriors 3

I plan to play soon samurai warriors 4 and samurai warriors 4 empires

40 minutes ago, Sagaan said:

Dats a cool thread i would like to join as well. I plated the following warrior games.

Dynasty warriors 8 empires

Dynasty warriors 8 xtreme legends

Dynasty warriors 9

Warriors orochi 3 ultimate 

Warriors orochi 4

Samurai warriors 4-2

Samurai warriors spirits of sanada

Fist of the north star: lost paradise

One Piece Pirate Warriors 1

One Piece Pirate Warriors 3

I plan to play soon samurai warriors 4 and samurai warriors 4 empires

Added. btw Lost Paradise is not a Warriors or Made by Koei.

Haven't done much musoing this year, but I did do some progress is DW8XL. I have finished Challenge Mode, Ambition Mode and all the Xtreme story levels. I only have the big grind left:  A-ranks, Ultimate difficulty, goals and weapons in free mode. Not sure when I tackle all that. Probably need to build up a new character too. My strongest is lv 150 Guan Yinping, but she does not have that great proficiency or musou attacks to be consistent in Ultimate play.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
10 hours ago, Nelson_Otaku said:

lol the only Musou game i plated was Samurai Warriors 4 japanese version but that was when i had lot free time for it,

WO3U + DW8XL have insane grinding so gave up on the plat for those at least.

Maybe could grind slowly yet on rpg's but musou's won't happen.

At least DW Empires 6 don't have the grind that Musou is known for as that was before it went insane(but I say the one behide Dragon Ball FighterZ trophy list is more insane)

On 9/16/2019 at 2:21 AM, Nelson_Otaku said:

lol the only Musou game i plated was Samurai Warriors 4 japanese version but that was when i had lot free time for it,

WO3U + DW8XL have insane grinding so gave up on the plat for those at least.

Maybe could grind slowly yet on rpg's but musou's won't happen.

I actually didn't mind the grind in DW8:XL. At least you're doing something that requires half a brain (finishing goals, finishing missions well, playing on Ultimate difficulty). I haven't played WO3U, but I hated the grind in Musou Orochi Z. I never bothered finishing it. The worst one I did finish was DW8:E, though DW7:XL had a bad one, too.

If you do want to get back into it, I found that DW7 was pretty decent, grind-wise, and DW7:E ranks with DW8:XL as my favorite post-PS2 title in the series. DW9 is pretty quick, relatively speaking, but it sucks.

• 4 weeks later...
18 hours ago, MissShake said:

Hey, so I actually did beat the main story of Hyrule Warriors a while ago. How would I provide proof that I have? :)

A picture from any nintendo consoles/handhelds you played Hyrule Warriors on.

• 4 weeks later...