Let's Play Warriors

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
3 hours ago, starcrunch061 said:

Forgot to post this, but I completed Warriors All Stars not long after starting it. With the exception of DW6:E, this is the easiest Warriors plat I’ve personally done. It’s not as confusing as guides would have you believe.

Good JobcYAXDtk.gif. Is it possible to get all endings on the one save with the character you started the game as?(I started the game with Arnice)

11 minutes ago, Leon Castle said:

Good JobcYAXDtk.gif. Is it possible to get all endings on the one save with the character you started the game as?(I started the game with Arnice)

No. There are three separate “tribes”, which only unite on the true ending route. But each tribe has its own endings as well. E.g., if you play as Nobunyaga, you can’t get, say, Lu Bu’s ending.

34 minutes ago, starcrunch061 said:

No. There are three separate “tribes”, which only unite on the true ending route. But each tribe has its own endings as well. E.g., if you play as Nobunyaga, you can’t get, say, Lu Bu’s ending.

Was Arnice part of Tamaki's tribe or Setsuna's tribe? Is it possible to get all of the tribe I started with's endings on one save or I do have to play as Arnice over and over again? Same thing with the other one and Shiki's tribe.

16 hours ago, Leon Castle said:

Was Arnice part of Tamaki's tribe or Setsuna's tribe? Is it possible to get all of the tribe I started with's endings on one save or I do have to play as Arnice over and over again? Same thing with the other one and Shiki's tribe.

It depends on what you mean by that. When you beat the game, you can create an NG+ file. However, if you use that file, the game will reset completely.

HOWEVER, if you save to a different slot and then return to your original slot, the fact that you beat the game is remembered in the system file. You won’t have any items from the battles you beat after that save, but all movies and the like will be saved.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, starcrunch061 said:

It depends on what you mean by that. When you beat the game, you can create an NG+ file. However, if you use that file, the game will reset completely.

HOWEVER, if you save to a different slot and then return to your original slot, the fact that you beat the game is remembered in the system file. You won’t have any items from the battles you beat after that save, but all movies and the like will be saved.

Did just unlock two battles that may have to with two of Setsuna's tribe(forgot that most of the girls were on Setsuna's side), The Ultimate Evil(Unlocked it with clearing that battle you meet with the "Anime Guy" where you can't play as Arnice) and forgot it's name but it had to do with the 3 characters that lost their memories in their original game series(Unlocked it with clearing that battle you meet the very hungry Hojo)

• Like 1

First Ending gotten.

9cc4ca79dcbd835e4ba3c3ddba02560815784258

Btw, Did I fail in getting into Setsuna's normal ending if the Battle "A Light Worth Protecting" showed up? At least I made a save before clearing "Bonds of Friendship"

Edit: Was close to getting "Served on a Silver Platter" ending but the last battle(The great devil’s decent) said I needed Setuna to even do that battle so I had to clear Bonds of Friendship which the guide I found says NOT TO clear Bonds of Friendship and got into the True Ending Route, but at least I was able to make a True Ending save and btw it was safe doing "The one who knows the truth" before "Bonds of Friendship", don't know if you still can do "The one who knows the truth" then you clear "Bonds of Friendship" the way the guide listed it.

Edited by Leon Castle

Two more endings gotten. "Total Darkness" was hard to win even on easy until I put the three rulers into my team along with Plachta and was able to survive until I was brave LV 10 and then it was hell to pay. If i'm not mistaken I don't have to clear "Darkness Revisited" until I clear all Purification Battles since I got the "Bad ending" and then I can save the "True ending" for last so that I can use my true end save to grind for max level, level 20 for almost all the characters, Max regard for Arnice, view the remaining bathing events, light up the world map, test if knowledge about the characters that like each other in their original game/series like Arnice and Chris-chan or Sophie and Plachta for the level 3 conversation event works.

On 1/7/2020 at 11:46 AM, Leon Castle said:

First Ending gotten.

9cc4ca79dcbd835e4ba3c3ddba02560815784258

Btw, Did I fail in getting into Setsuna's normal ending if the Battle "A Light Worth Protecting" showed up? At least I made a save before clearing "Bonds of Friendship"

Edit: Was close to getting "Served on a Silver Platter" ending but the last battle(The great devil’s decent) said I needed Setuna to even do that battle so I had to clear Bonds of Friendship which the guide I found says NOT TO clear Bonds of Friendship and got into the True Ending Route, but at least I was able to make a True Ending save and btw it was safe doing "The one who knows the truth" before "Bonds of Friendship", don't know if you still can do "The one who knows the truth" then you clear "Bonds of Friendship" the way the guide listed it.

Use the guide only as a guide. The problem is that he mixed up the battles associated with Nobunyaga, but that’s really the only thing wrong.

Does A Light Worth Protecting also have Conflicting Ideals? If so, you need to beat Setsuna’s route with a character that doesn’t automatically get the soul hunter chick. Both routes will lead to Setsuna’s ending, but have different battles.

There is a guide on gamefaqs that’s worth keeping around. I would link it, but my tablet isn’t really great for that. But if you’re using the pst.org guide, someone linked it there.

21 hours ago, starcrunch061 said:

Use the guide only as a guide. The problem is that he mixed up the battles associated with Nobunyaga, but that’s really the only thing wrong.

Does A Light Worth Protecting also have Conflicting Ideals? If so, you need to beat Setsuna’s route with a character that doesn’t automatically get the soul hunter chick. Both routes will lead to Setsuna’s ending, but have different battles.

There is a guide on gamefaqs that’s worth keeping around. I would link it, but my tablet isn’t really great for that. But if you’re using the pst.org guide, someone linked it there.

Looking at list of Hero Battles he forgot Nobunyaga's as I don't see any "Great Devil" unless he renamed it.

Did both hero battles that unlock both Deception girls, need to start a new "Setsuna" save with Kasumi since if I'm not mistaken, starting the game as his beloved Nobunyaga, gives automatically the Deception girls as well.

Yes, I'm using the pst.org guide.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Leon Castle said:

Looking at list of Hero Battles he forgot Nobunyaga's as I don't see any "Great Devil" unless he renamed it.

Did both hero battles that unlock both Deception girls, need to start a new "Setsuna" save with Kasumi since if I'm not mistaken, starting the game as his beloved Nobunyaga, gives automatically the Deception girls as well.

Yes, I'm using the pst.org guide.

the gamefaqs I guide I mentioned is in post 37. Very useful (though still slightly incomplete).

19 hours ago, mecharobot said:

I will just say that I did everything on one save, since I rather not lose the spoils and it's not like a run takes very long unless you go the true route.

I didn’t quite use one save, but I did it so that every battle’s requirements were unlocked (except the Dramatic Battles - I could never figure out how to get the requirements of those to stay).

Setsuna, Tamaki, Shiki and Yomi routes endings and battles all done R3G2K1m.gif

btw. requirements for Dramatic Battles are easy to get as you only need certain characters and sometimes certain routes for example Timenoids & Humans needs Sophie, Zhao Yun and Millennia and are in Tamaki's story as even if you have them in Yomi route you won't unlock it while The Demon & the Samurai needs Lu Bu and William and it does not matter what story/route you are part of.

Edited by Leon Castle

• 3 weeks later...

Gotten to Chapter 5 on DW: Godseekers. For me this DW game I nickname "Special" is so far my Favorite of the three although DW Next is just like the Main Games, XLs and Empires and the only Special about it is that is PS Vita and force a loner to find people with PS Vita and the same game for one trophy(only if he/she wants all DW or W plats)

Besides Cunning Strategist/Total Mastery and The Final Blow trophies, the game is easy at least for those used to TRPGs but I don't know Last Man Standing is easy to get, it may need some planning if it means lose all but one of your officers and not get one officer down to 1 HP. Oh yeah it's going to be grindy since I need to complete the Skill Board for all officers and gods knows if I need to Max Level all officers to do it.

@starcrunch061 Since you are done with the Story mode of Sengoku Basara, I'm just wondering, does it have Anime cutscenes like the Sengoku Basara game called Devil Kings on PS2 did?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Leon Castle said:

Gotten to Chapter 5 on DW: Godseekers. For me this DW game I nickname "Special" is so far my Favorite of the three although DW Next is just like the Main Games, XLs and Empires and the only Special about it is that is PS Vita and force a loner to find people with PS Vita and the same game for one trophy(only if he/she wants all DW or W plats)

Besides Cunning Strategist/Total Mastery and The Final Blow trophies, the game is easy at least for those used to TRPGs but I don't know Last Man Standing is easy to get, it may need some planning if it means lose all but one of your officers and not get one officer down to 1 HP. Oh yeah it's going to be grindy since I need to complete the Skill Board for all officers and gods knows if I need to Max Level all officers to do it.

@starcrunch061 Since you are done with the Story mode of Sengoku Basara, I'm just wondering, does it have Anime cutscenes like the Sengoku Basara game called Devil Kings on PS2 did?

it has cut scenes, though I wouldn’t really call them anime. Further, the cut scenes aren’t saved in the gallery, which is inexcusable.

On the other hand, it has the greatest opening theme of any game ever.

Now, quid pro quo: is Godseeker anything like the old Dynasty Tactics games?

Edited by starcrunch061

16 minutes ago, starcrunch061 said:

it has cut scenes, though I wouldn’t really call them anime. Further, the cut scenes aren’t saved in the gallery, which is inexcusable.

On the other hand, it has the greatest opening theme of any game ever.

Now, quid pro quo: is Godseeker anything like the old Dynasty Tactics games?

Now I remember, The Anime cutscenes were the endings for the playable characters(That was not removed), sucks that you can't rewatch any of the cutscenes in the gallery like in Devil Kings.

Nice OP. While the game might be a hard to get PS3 game unless I can get it on PS Store, I want to get it some day as I do miss the Capcom version of Masamune Date's Wolverine-like gameplay.

After looking up it and saw the familiar way of moving a character in a TRPG

Dynasty-Tactics-2.jpg

dwgodseekers_battle11.jpg

I can say yes it's somewhat the same as Dynasty Tactics if you don't count horses, watch towers and tents. (Only non-human is a carapult so far in Godseekers)

Now I have finished Godseekers's story for the 1st time but still need to clear it a 2nd time along with getting the last members of Wu and "Others", also have some Path of Destiny event scenes left to unlock and view. Since the story take place after Yellow Turban Rebellion and ends after the founding of Shu Dynasty so there's no characters that from Yellow Turban Rebellion(don't know if Zhao Yun in the main games were in that battle as he were not with Liu Bei at the start of the game) and after the founding of Shu Dynasty like Liu Bei's kid(He only shows up as a baby), 4th Guan child, Wang Yi and the rest of the Jins(Only the three Simas and Wang Yuanji is in the game) etc. Less characters to grind for but still a lot!

• Like 1

Skill Board Progress:

Wei: 17/17 Done

Wu: 17/17 Done

Shu: 16/17 I saved Guan Yinping's last Skill for :platinum:

Jin: 4/4 Done

Other: 7/7 Done

Completing the Skill Board for each officer would be a real pain if I had play a random map with x2 SP bonus everytime there was a map with that bonus on since the bonuses is random but luckily I found a good recommendation for grinding SP. Like someone said on here. I used A Victory without Fire on Ultimate difficulty to grind for SP on three officers and the only part of the method I followed was Lu Xun and Zhu Ran have First Strike, Bolt and Flurry Ultra equipped, along with capped stats (along with STR +50% on weapon), and +3 MOB on weapon and have Lu Xun 2x Crimson Cut the two soldiers immediately south of you. After Lu Xun's turn, I used Lei Bin/Wang Yuanji instead of Zhu Ran until he was maxed out(Lei Bin and Wang Yuanji was maxed out as well) and I started to use items that full up the Musou gauge on all 5 characters I use on A Victory without Fire and have all 5 characters attack while in Synchro Mode instead of just Lu Xun and Zhu Ran.

Edited by Leon Castle
  • Like 1

I'm working my way through Samurai Warriors 4-II.  Any advice for how to go about the upper levels of the Survival Tower?  I'm far enough that I can start from the level 51 checkpoint, but I'm struggling once I get into the mid-60s and having trouble seeing how I'm going to make it all the way to the 100th floor for that trophy.

Grinding out the Epiphany skills is tedious, even combining it with what I still have to do for "win all story battles with all available officers" and before I start grinding out rare weapons.  But the Survival Tower is going to be what triggers my rage, methinks.

Nevermind, I managed to battle my way through that.

Only epiphany skills and rare weapons left to go.  Which means focusing on the latter -- the former will come along the way without additional extra effort.  Boy are some of those challenges difficult, although not nearly as insane as the upper reaches of the Survival Tower.