Let's Play Warriors

8 minutes ago, enaysoft said:

One thing you might have missed, is that some of the stratagems require them to be successful. Like the one where you lay a trap, if you lay a trap, you need to actually have an officer trigger the trap for it to be classed as a used stratagem. You can't just use the card and then cross it off the list. Most of course can be. Some of the attack ones, you have to make sure you hit an enemy officer too. Pretty sure if you just for example use say a fire attack all my yourself and hit nobody on screen, then it doesn't count.

I platinumed the game twice and the second time just to be sure I had a checklist and ticked off whether I had used a stratagem twice (or as many times as I had used them), just incase for whatever reason one was not classed as successful. As the first time around like you, I could have sworn I used all them and the trophy didn't pop.

Well anyway, there are about 8 or 9 cards that can succeed or fail, I recommend doing all those ones again, just incase.

I for sure succeeded in them. Pitfall, ambush, etc...

The only ones I may not have succeeded in were the Diplomacy ones but I had most of those in my first save file and I used them a lot to stave off other kingdoms so I could build resources for stuff. (and it didn't seem like I could find info one way or the other as to whether they needed to succeed anyways)

Just don't think I'm willing to go through this game and reuse every single stratagem again because with 1 territory left in most of the files I'd have to use them and withdraw and I don't even know if that counts, or I'd have to lose territories and go back and forth which will be tedious as shit across every file.

Well I guess it is up to you if you abandon or not, however on my second time around. Like you I started with Fame and I was able to knock out over 95% of them the first time around and on the same save file. Just to be sure I made sure I completed the game and then never used that save again and started on a new route, just to make sure everything was saved.

Also I am sure you probably are aware you can get to rank 9 in almost every class without even going into a battle.

This is how I completed Chaos, only going into one battle in the entire game.

You just refuse all battles and only choose the options in the menu that increase the class you want, you can go to a vagabond and only do the action there too.

Then you join in each kingdom you want to lose and refuse all battles so they eventually lose and then you just have two kingdoms left, then you join the winning kingdom in the final battle and beat it. That just means you spam commands in the menus for many years and only ever fight in the final battle, before the final battle do all the slander and commands that reduce the army. Basically making the final battle just a run to the final boss mission.

Yeah it can be kinda tedious, but compared to DW8 empires. DW7 empires is far easier, and quicker.

10 hours ago, Avatar_Of_Battle said:

@starcrunch061 I don't know if you'll remember this but do you know if you have to use the Imperial option in Diplomacy for the Stratagem trophy?

If not then I'm not platting this game tbh.

9 hours ago, Avatar_Of_Battle said:

It's all good I'm not platting this one I answered my own question.

I spent 2 weeks keeping 2 checklists. 1 I wrote down and one where I crossed off stratagems. Thunderbolt on the Evil fame type should've been my last stratagem as I was able to get the other stratagems used through the Wise fame type. (including Insult on one of my 6 files.)

I have already gone through the file with the rank 9 Wise fame and used every stratagem that could've possibly been one I missed so I had to have missed multiple stratagems somehow. Probably one of the many times the game d/c's when you're inactive for 10 minutes. (fucking wonderful perk of PS Now I wasn't aware of and kept forgetting)

that's very odd, because I don't remember having any issues with this one (I also platted it on PSNow). I wish I could remember better what to do about that game.

Sorry for the trouble. I feel kind of guilty praising the game now. ?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, starcrunch061 said:

that's very odd, because I don't remember having any issues with this one (I also platted it on PSNow). I wish I could remember better what to do about that game.

Sorry for the trouble. I feel kind of guilty praising the game now. 1f61e.png

Nah don't feel guilty. It was as much fun as you'd expect from a DW game. I just got really unlucky.

If I learn that startagems count when you use them successfully and then Withdraw from a battle maybe I can go through the files and use everything again but if not I might just move on or clean up some trophies.

One Piece: Pirate Warriors 1

Almost got all coins now. only have Shank's Mark, Luffy's Mark (New), Nami's Mark (New) and Sanji's Mark (New) left to get. Some more runs with Whitebeard on Zoro's Another Log Episode 7: Sabaody Archipelago Online or/and Chapter 11 of the Main Log might get me those last coins sooner or later.

After 30+ battles using a combination of stratagems across the saves, and about 10 hours of back and forth bullshit because my files are on the last territory/battle, it ended up being an early stratagem I used that I must have never used again after getting D/C'd. (weapons base from Affluent Lv. 4)

After going through this with DW8:E and SW4:E I legitimately do not know if I'll play another empires expansion unless they port over the old ones. I'm sure KT is smart enough not to release DW9:E even if it was possible with the game's layout.

• Like 2

One Piece: Pirate Warriors 1:

1L503c37.png

Got Shanks's Mark Coin in the end. Don't know how many "chapters" I did to try and get it but I got it on "One vs 1000" challenge with over 700 ! with Whitebeard.

Now to grind for materials in Dynasty Warriors: Strikeforce.

• Like 1

Looks like both Hyrule Warriors and Dynasty Warriors gets a new game this year(HW) and next year(DW9E)

Hyrule-Warriors-AoC_09-08-20.jpg

https://www.gematsu.com/2020/09/hyrule-warriors-age-of-calamity-announced-for-switch

DW9-Empires_09-27-20.jpg

https://www.gematsu.com/2020/09/dynasty-warriors-9-empires-announced-for-ps5-xbox-series-ps4-xbox-one-switch-and-pc

Also DW9E is not Open-World like DW9 was, well now I have a reason to not put DW8E back in the backlog and a reason to get The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild sooner.

On 9/20/2020 at 3:26 AM, Avatar_Of_Battle said:

Thankfully DW7E is now behind me.

One day I swear I will get my hands on a copy of Gundam 2 and find a way to boost those online trophies lol.

Also need to re-acquire Warriors Orochi 4 for the DLC.

And get One Piece Pirate Warriors 4...

If you get it, I’ll help. It makes it really easy when the two players aren’t competing.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Leon Castle said:

Also DW9E is not Open-World like DW9 was, well now I have a reason to not put DW8E back in the backlog and a reason to get The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild sooner.

Definitely going to be interesting to see where they go with the trophy requirements. 6, 7, and 8 all got increasingly more stupid with luck based requirements hopefully it's not a continuing trend. (although I don't think I'm up for another Empires expansion for another few years at least...)

3 hours ago, starcrunch061 said:

If you get it, I’ll help. It makes it really easy when the two players aren’t competing.

That would be awesome. I spent 2 weeks looking for someone, anyone, on the game back in 2015 and I never found a single soul. Always regretted trading it in instead of keeping this one.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Dynasty Warriors: Strikeforce

1Lef77e6.png

Now the material and gold grind is over. Now a little break from warriors until I'm at least done with Utawarerumono trilogy, Valkyria Chronicles 1,4 and Revolution and Kingdom Hearts 1 & Chain of Memories, Plat Rain Day and Monster Hunt Events here on PSNprofiles.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
On 2/22/2021 at 9:55 PM, Sagaan said:

Got today warriors all stars plat (EU), i guess i buy the na stack too when its on sale for 10 - 15 bugs. One of the less grindfull warrior games, plat took me 70h around.

Updated. I liked All Stars so I'm hoping for a Sequel one day.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

DW 8 Empires update(First in a long while):

Lifestyles 28/55.

Finally got the Lifestyles that need Iron Fist out of the way, so now I can go for the rest of the Lifestyles on normal difficulty.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Masamune said:

I still want to get Godseekers, that looks fun. The damn thing never goes on sale though, I think it's digital only, right (the US version at least)? 1f622.png

Yeah I agree, never seems to go on sale, even during the recent Big In Japan sales. I have been watching it for like a year now. It is also a different retail price on PS4 and Vita, way more expensive on PS4.

It was on sale half price years ago and I sad I did not at least buy it.

Still not keen on the idea of it not being a proper musou game.

However, after some Tecmo Koei games like Dead or Alive and Musou games like One Piece Warriors 2 getting delisted in recent times, I'm kinda wanting to prebuy everything just incase.

• Like 1

@enaysoft I'd be fine with the Vita version, that one has only been on sale a single time since it came out though ($24 in 2017), & the way Sony treats Vita games now... yeah, there's little to no chance of that happening ever again. :( The PS4 version has been on sale 3 times at least, but nothing recent ($36 in 2017 & 2018).

So yeah... it's been like 3 years. ? If it had a physical version, I could've gotten it for probably like $10 by now, but no... still $40/60. <_<

• Like 1

@Masamune

Yeah I guess we just have to wait for a sale. The Japanese version of GodSeekers I also need but wow physical games on Vita are so cheap in Japan now.

Last week I went to some stores, after not going for a fair while due to Covid, when I went PS3 section was practically gone, as was the Vita section. It was sad to look at..

Anyway, I sold a lot of my old Musou Vita games years ago when they were worth something but in recent weeks I have been buying them all back because they are cheap. Many were right there in front of me, so I got 7, most of them under 1000yen, Dynasty Warriors Next cost me 290 yen. I mean that's barely a couple of dollars/pounds. I will probably never play it due to it only having one trophy list and I already have the UK one but man, what a steal. Now I have every box Musou game on Vita (12 of them)

Godseekers is only 780 yen, as it's not a proper Musou game I haven't been so interested in it, until all the recent delistings and second hand games drying up. So I might have to snap it up, and then just keep checking the UK store for sales for the western stack. I know I watched Gundam Reborn on PS3 for over 2 years but ended having to buy it at full price in the end as it never went on sale.

I'd have bought more games on Vita and PS3 years ago off PSN if I had have known there would be a sale drought/no longer any sales at all on older platforms.

Edited by enaysoft

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/13/2021 at 0:33 PM, Masamune said:

@enaysoft I'd be fine with the Vita version, that one has only been on sale a single time since it came out though ($24 in 2017), & the way Sony treats Vita games now... yeah, there's little to no chance of that happening ever again. :( The PS4 version has been on sale 3 times at least, but nothing recent ($36 in 2017 & 2018).

So yeah... it's been like 3 years. ? If it had a physical version, I could've gotten it for probably like $10 by now, but no... still $40/60. <_<

Well @Masamune

Looks like our time has come :(

Time to buy Godseekers at full price...

I have no idea why it is 50 pounds on PS4 and 32 pounds on Vita, I'm glad it is cheaper on Vita, but man. Feel kinda bummed having to pay that much for a game which I'm not super interested in having. Although I'd rather have it than be delisted forever...

Warriors Orochi 4 Ultimate DLC is also 32 pounds. So overpriced...

I couldn't find a physical release for Godseekers game Vita on google so I'm pretty sure Godseekers only got a physical release in Japan.

I have managed to get every single physical version of every Japanese Musou game available on Vita (12 of them)

I would post a picture, except weirdly I am not sure how. lol

Maybe this forum does not allow uploading of pictures like most forums.

Edited by enaysoft

1 hour ago, enaysoft said:

Maybe this forum does not allow uploading of pictures like most forums.

I allow it so long it's Warriors/Musou. Btw, is Ken's Rage 2 digital only like Godseekers outside of japan?