Emotional paintings not working

erwint0920

I only need the trophy Basketcase to get the platinum of the sims 4. and I only need the sad emotion to get the trophy. In preperation I made a sad painting and am now trying to get the sad emotion (the emontional aura is enabled). but my sim doesn't become sad for even a second. What am I doing wrong here? In a different save I have emotional paintings enabled in the house (like focused, confident, etc.) and they work fine, just not the sad painting.

Just now, Feral said:

Have you made the sim view it not just be near it? Sometimes they need to view it for the emotion to take effect.

yeah she has viewed it multiple times now but that doesn;t work. does the painting need to have a specific rating or something like that?

Just now, erwint0920 said:

yeah she has viewed it multiple times now but that doesn;t work. does the painting need to have a specific rating or something like that?

Hmm strange. Nah it's just gotta be a sad, the ratings don't matter.

Try placing the painting in the bathroom and making her view it. That worked for me since there was nothing else that could effect emotions in there.

3 minutes ago, Feral said:

Hmm strange. Nah it's just gotta be a sad, the ratings don't matter.

Try placing the painting in the bathroom and making her view it. That worked for me since there was nothing else that could effect emotions in there.

Nope that is not working either. And I am running out of time now, I started at 11.08 and know I am at 10:29. I am going to need a miracle for this to work.

5 hours ago, erwint0920 said:

Nope that is not working either. And I am running out of time now, I started at 11.08 and know I am at 10:29. I am going to need a miracle for this to work.

Well the only other options are her getting sad from work which is a lucky dip or possibly a social interaction.

When you go for this again, start with sad so you're not stuck on it at the end.

18 hours ago, Feral said:

Well the only other options are her getting sad from work which is a lucky dip or possibly a social interaction.

When you go for this again, start with sad so you're not stuck on it at the end.

I did start with it and got it now. I just killed a random Sim and let my Sim mourn her. 

Thanks your help.