What is the scariest PS1 game? (Plat Cast Topic)

ChernobylNinja

Hey guys, as a few of you know @Bushido7745785 and I have a podcast, "Plat Cast" and every week we ask the community here at psnprofiles one of our topics of discussion and one of our topics this week is:

Since its the week before Halloween, our topic for this week is: What, in your opinion, is the scariest PS1 game and why? We would love to hear stories of what frightened you 20 plus years ago and how it holds up now.

Looking forward to your replies!

This:

It's nice but also creepy at the same time, the 2nd part almost always gives me the chills.

I know it's not a game, but it's related to all of them.

But for real A bug's life creeped me out a bit towards the end, but that's about 15 years ago. I wasn't allowed nor dared to play scary games back then.

Edited by OJ9999vr
  • Like 3

4 minutes ago, DizzyDavidson said:

Silent Hill - I played it about 10 years ago (bit late to the party) and I was in my early 20s with a few survival horror games under my belt already. But this game... this game freaked the hell outta me. The whole atmosphere is so bad (good).

I second this one. The creepy little kids that would swarm you, the eerie fog throughout, and then that whole thing with the dead phone line in the school that your daughter somehow calls you on.

Edited by kingofbattle8174
  • Like 2

I'm not the kind of guy that get scare with videogames (I played both Silent Hill & Resident Evil when I was 6 years old) but Alone in the dark was tought, that game made me feel fear about the choices I was mading... Save ammo and recovery items, go trought that door, etc, that game really made me chill?

5 minutes ago, Hakoom said:

fatal frame, resident evil 2 and silent hill 2 for me

Didn't know you've got a verified GWR, well deserved. Too bad Sony/Playstation didn't give you a platinum trophy, like the one form the Australian competition awhile back.

• Like 1

While I didn't own any PS1 horror games SIlent Hill 2 on PS2 scared the living shit out of me, my nose even started bleeding at one point because I was so creeped out in that game. The sound effects and the design of the environment was expertly done and I couldn't imagine if that game came out today how scary it would be. 

Edited by Aceboy9

I would say SH. But the game that creeped me out the most was Dino Crisis. Actually I was too young to play horror games, so sometimes I hid under my older brothers bed and watched him playing DC and when I had to go to bed, I was scared af, but I couldnt tell anyone. 

I still remember that one poor dude who laid completely torn apart in a save room and there was this creepy sound, when you found him for the first time.

I know its not PS1 but Silent Hill 2 still gives me shivers today. + the OST is superb.

• Like 4

7 hours ago, B1rvine said:

I'd have to say Outlast.  It's quite nerve-wracking when all you can do is run or hide. No Bullets allowed!  Permadeath mode is also exhilarating.

Isn't Outlast a Ps3/Ps4 game? 

8 hours ago, Bos10George said:

Parasite Eve. I watched a friend playing it and it freaked me out. It gave me nightmares for a while too. Understandable since I would have been like 11 or 12 years old.

ah yes,  I've always wanted to play this game

260px-Silent_Hill_-_North-american_cover

Silent hill 1 without a doubt. the only game that took me seriously and left me in chicken skin (SH4 also but that's another story) I still remember the initial part when harry tries to follow that girl to a macabre place in which is attacked by small monsters, at that point i restarted the game many times because i didn't want to die. I barely knew that this was supposed to happen :P .. later on in the middle of the game when we have to go to a motel and we have to walk the streets completely dark in which there is only one flashlight to guide us!  imagine this in hard mode..
I played 90% of horror games on PS1 and no one reaches the level of this game.. not even my precious RE1 :)

• Like 4