What is the scariest PS1 game? (Plat Cast Topic)

ChernobylNinja

First it was Resident Evil then came Silent Hill which is the scariest game to date still. Maybe Silent Hill 3 was a tad scarier but oh well. 

Parasite Eve had some disturbing transformation scenes but not at all scary like Silent Hill.

In my opinion, Silent Hill 1 was the scariest game I remember on the PS1. The chilling atmosphere, child monsters in the school, jump scares with the lockers/phone ringing, watching blood pour from characters faces (I forget if it was the nurse or cyble, but I remember it being grotesque.

Truly awesome game, would love a proper remaster! :D

• Like 1

Clone (that FPS made with Net Yaroze)

Deathtrap Dungeon

Doom / Final Doom (creepier music and sound effects compared to the PC version)

Gex: Enter the Gecko (Scream TV was scary for me lol)

Silent Hill (i only played the demo bundled with MGS1 but was enough)

Resident Evil (i was so scared the first time i started the game that i didn't move from the first rooms lol)

Resident Evil 2 (again, i only played the demo of this, it was the beginning of the games but you were already surrounded by zombies)

Just now, SnowxSakura said:

Yeah I know it was eventually leaked online by one of the development team, but just seems like an odd choice to pick an unreleased game

I didn't even know it was cancelled until a couple of years later when i got my first internet connection xD

But it was cancelled because nobody wanted to publish it, it was nearly finished...

5 minutes ago, Lance_87 said:

I didn't even know it was cancelled until a couple of years later when i got my first internet connection xD

But it was cancelled because nobody wanted to publish it, it was nearly finished...

Too bad none of the developers of Battlefront 3 have leaked it online

38 minutes ago, SnowxSakura said:

How did you even play that? It was cancelled

Back in the days it was possible to mod/chip the PS1 for $30 abroad, I just handed in the console to an electronics store and they did the work. Then there were also pirated copies of different games being sold for like $2-3. Didn't even know it was unreleased but they were selling the game in pirated CDs/DVDs shops

• 4 years later...
  • 1 month later...