Xbox One Announced

Goro

BAHAHAHAHA!!! This is Xbox One... OK good you got me... Smart TV, the specs are... OK getting slightly interested here... Not really descriptive but it seems on par with the PS4 from the 5 second flash of "specs" image, whatever, blinked and missed it... And it runs on 3 operating systems including the Windows Kernel... WAIT WHAT? 

No bloody thanks. This is why I buy a console in the first place. To avoid the hassles with PC's. Your not compatible with this, update that, blue screen this and crash that. I own a console because it just works. Its for gaming. I have a PC because I kind of need it rather then want it. It wont be Red Ring of death your going to have to worry about, it will bloody Blue Screens LMAO! They just seemed quite misleading. For example they didn't say what that 8GB Ram spec was, Is it changing my TV input mode or is it a subscription service on the system? Got a pricey subscription to SkyTV for that. The whole finishing by showing COD Ghost. The game looks quite good and Ive never been interested in a COD game before. There hyping up there new engine, sorry but regardless of format its built on the same engine right... Thats not demonstrating what the Xbox can do. Thats demonstrating what a new game engine can do rather then the hardware. Either that or ive just understood it all wrong?   :blink: 

Bloody hell now it just looks like im turning into a PlayStation fanboi without even trying to be. Might as well label my sodding savings account to "PlayStation Fund"   :facepalm:

Edited by allsop1986

Like I posted in the other thread.

The console looks like a out-dated VHS player :S

Where's that PS4? B)

XBOX ONE 

ONE HUGE SYSTEM 

FOR HUGE PEOPLE 

TO WATCH HUGE TV 

FOR HUGE $$ . 

Edited by TheBolloxx

M$ made some huge mistakes going into the next gen. Trust me you don't want to piss off the used games Gamestop buyers. These people will go to systems for their used games needs. I felt the entire Xbox Event was the following:

1) More COD

2) More Kinetic

3) More SmartGlass

4) More same exclusives

5) Halo getting whored out

6) More that Windows 8 is the best OS out there when it's clearly not.

7) Too much information that was hidden IE used games blocking and non-backwards compatibility. 

So it's more of the same BS from M$ and not enough core gamers stuff.  

• Like 1

Something just doesn't make sense to me.

If you are targeting the largest most general market possible your going to be dealing with a lot of uneducated people in regards to gaming knowledge. 

Going with the name Xbox One is going to cause some confusion within that group. I don't think the name in and of itself is bad, but just not well thought out.

• Like 1

While i will not be purchasing a PS4 when it is first released, i definitely know i will never purchase an Xbox One. The whole point of video game consoles is to, you know, play video games. Besides the whole COD Ghosts, Forza, and EA thing, they really didn't say much about the gaming aspect. They pretty much showed an entertainment system, not a gaming console. The foundations of Xbox are built off the original Xbox which I'm pretty sure was just for gaming. When looking for a video game console, i don't want to waste hundreds of more dollars on features that i will never use. Don't get me wrong, a console can be integrated with other things, but Microsoft should put gaming as their first priorty if they wanted to release a good video game console to compete with  the PS4.

I'm sure they'll be talking about the gaming capabilities at E3. That being said though, I wasn't impressed by the unveiling of the Xbox One either and while I own a Xbox 360 I don't see myself buying the Xbox One. Plus if the rumors of there being a used game fee and you have to be online to install a new game are true, those are pretty big disappointments for me. Nothing is concrete yet though since it was just unveiled today, so there's a very rare chance that it could win me over. Kinect 2 being mandatory is another turn off.

I will be buying a PS4  for sure.

Edited by Noire_Symphony
  • Like 1

I'm sure they'll be talking about the gaming capabilities at E3. That being said though, I wasn't impressed by the unveiling of the Xbox One either and while I own a Xbox 360 I don't see myself buying the Xbox One. Plus if the rumors of there being a used game fee and you have to be online to install a new game are true, those are pretty big disappointments for me. Nothing is concrete yet though since it was just unveiled today, so there's a very rare chance that it could win me over.

I will be buying a PS4  for sure.

I also read that you will need an internet connection at least once a day too. Sucks for people at army bases with limited to no internet.