Xbox One Announced

Goro

PS3 was sold as a full media system in your front room (integrated HDD, blu-ray player, optical out, and also games) when released.

PS4 is going to be a social machine, hell I blocked loads of people on facebook as all I saw posted were trophy acheivements

but people are berating the fact the Xbox one will be a full media machine with social aspects - that's what the PS4 is too :D

there are plenty of reasons not to buy Xbox, as there are a PS4, but bashing social and media player does seem a bit besides the point

I didn't actually watch it, but from what I've heard and from what I've seen in videos it was a huge fail. Just leaving this here aswell:

2YIyF.jpg

Ouch XBOX!

Microsoft's biggest market (North America) is getting swallowed. More #GamespotPS4 percentage in the United States than #GamespotXbox has globally. I wonder what Microsoft's offices look like right now...

PS3 was sold as a full media system in your front room (integrated HDD, blu-ray player, optical out, and also games) when released.

PS4 is going to be a social machine, hell I blocked loads of people on facebook as all I saw posted were trophy acheivements

but people are berating the fact the Xbox one will be a full media machine with social aspects - that's what the PS4 is too :D

there are plenty of reasons not to buy Xbox, as there are a PS4, but bashing social and media player does seem a bit besides the point

that is true but at the same time, xbox is kind of taking away its gaming aspect just to focus on media (from what I've been seeing) where as the ps3 was a solid blend for gaming and a media system (maybe when it first released it was more of a media system) and now the the ps4 its all of that but caters more to gaming. Gaming is why we are all here too is it not? Just IMO lol

also http://ca.ign.com/articles/2013/05/21/xbox-one-may-have-mandatory-game-installs

• Like 1

that is true but at the same time, xbox is kind of taking away its gaming aspect just to focus on media (from what I've been seeing) where as the ps3 was a solid blend for gaming and a media system (maybe when it first released it was more of a media system) and now the the ps4 its all of that but caters more to gaming. Gaming is why we are all here too is it not? Just IMO lol also http://ca.ign.com/articles/2013/05/21/xbox-one-may-have-mandatory-game-installs

I fully agree, but just trying to get the debate above social/media stuff.

Someone also told me (heresay I know...) that Microsoft said the gaming side would be discussed at E3...

I do hope XBOX ONE will pick up it's pace after this somewhat dodgy release. Personally I believe that consumers can only benefit from a healthy competition between two or more roughly equal consoles. Once a "monopoly" is achieved by either one the quality will drop and prices will rise. So my hopes are that the companies (Sony, Microsoft, Nintendo, ...) will keep each other on their toes and competing for our attention and money.

http://www.joystiq.com/2013/05/24/report-no-fee-to-play-used-xbox-one-games-skype-powers-voice-c/

well look like MS got the message but i still think it is BS that they dont want used games...

It seems like they're still hiding something. Instead of Major Nelson (is that supposed to be an "I Dream of Jeannie" reference? That is all I think of when I hear that name) simply saying there will be no fee to play a used game, he said...

"Xbox One is designed to support the trade in and resale of games," Major Nelson said. "Reports about our policies for trade in and resale are inaccurate and incomplete. We will disclose more information in the near future."

The bit in bold worries me. Why not state there will be no fee instead of saying the reports are incomplete and they'll talk about it more in the future?

Parker

MS wants a piece of the 2ndhand market and they're just looking for an explanation to give the consumer so that they don't revolt instantly. It's a speculation now, best not to worry until we have actual facts and statements. 

• Like 1