Nick Rye Bug?

Omirid

Okay so I'm completing through John Seed's region of the map. I've done all the missions with the icon and audio call on the map but Nick Rye's icon won't disappear at all. What's weird is that upon me exploring the region I liberated John Seed's ranch and entered the hangar and triggered a mission with Nick Rye's plane before even going over to his house. I've managed to complete all his missions and he's unlocked as a follower but the icon and audio signal is still on the map at his house. He keeps mentioning "peggies are attacking him and he needs help" but when I head over there, nothing. Can't trigger a cut scene or mission anywhere. I have even completed Special Delivery where his wife gives birth, but I just can't seem to trigger this first mission. So was me liberating the ranch first and triggering that mission in the hangar screwing up the mission sequence? I'm on the latest update of the game and I've read online of others having this same problem 6 months ago, I thought it would be patched by now? 

Will I have to just restart the game and make sure I do his mission first? I've already liberated most outposts and completed most side missions in this region so it'd pain me to have to restart all over again just because of a bugged mission. :(