Atelier Lulua: The Scion of Arland officially announced

As gematsu posted a few minutes ago a new Atelier Arland game may be in development:

The latest issue of Weekly Famitsu features the reveal of a new entry in the Atelier series—likely a fourth entry in the Arland saga.

In an online preview titled “An Unexpected New Atelier Development… the 4th Arland Title has Begun!?,” the magazine teased the following artwork:

Atelier New Title

While the outlet is not revealing the name of the title quite yet, it did point out that Koei Tecmo recently released Atelier Meruru: The Apprentice of Arland DX in Japan, and that the end of the game features a scene not present in the original version or Plus version of the game. That scene is this one:

Atelier New Title

Weekly Famitsu releases on Thursdays in Japan, but information from the magazine usually leaks on Wednesday mornings (Tuesday nights Eastern time).

Source

@AlchemistWer :awesome:

Edited by dermarx
  • Like 4

2 minutes ago, Kurorac said:

A fourth game? That's awesome, the Arland trilogy was my favourite one so far (even though I still have to play the last trilogy).

Will there be more informations when Famitsu releases or do we have to wait?

It says at the end of the famitsu article:

What does this scene mean? What is the identity of the new work? For details, please check at weekly Famitsu November 8, 2018 issue (released October 25, 2018)!

So I guess we'll get more infos in two days:hmm:

This is the best announcement after the Arland DX, and because Koei tecmo and Gust KNOW that Aralnd is now without a doubt the best "trilogy" they want continue with the same formula in order to give what fan really want to see again in Atelier and it's the ****** TIME LIMITED!!!

But I must say something... I want Yoshito Okamura as director in this new Arland game and Mel Kishida as artist!! if you Gust want keep the same essence like you did with Rorona-chan back in 2009 DON'T CREATE AESTHETIC AMBIGUITY with the old three games, because you can destroy the best PS3/VITA/PS4 serie you currently have in your hands, it's a big responsibility Gust, I don't care if now we have PS4, I don't want a Arland game like Sophie, Firis or Lydie and Suelle, I want see a lot of event with sprite and not 3D characters, it's Arland Gust keep that in mind and a lot of more stuff about it!

Another point in my opinion is old characters, in Meruru Rorona was already in her 30, so probably we will se a new Meruru-chan and maybe Totori-chan, but Rorona... well maybe as well, so the time inside this new game could be few years after Meruru-chan event in order to create coherence (maybe) but in any case to me how Arland fan I'm happy! but at the same time... why? why Arland Gust if you already finished with it and Arland is splendid with the vanila and plus version, why not another Trilogy like Arland?

23 minutes ago, AlchemistWer said:

Another point in my opinion is old characters, in Meruru Rorona was already in her 30, so probably we will se a new Meruru-chan and maybe Totori-chan, but Rorona... well maybe as well, so the time inside this new game could be few years after Meruru-chan event in order to create coherence (maybe) but in any case to me how Arland fan I'm happy! but at the same time... why? why Arland Gust if you already finished with it and Arland is splendid with the vanila and plus version, why not another Trilogy like Arland?

I once speculated about a possible 4th game being Atelier Astrid, as there are references to happenings involving many of the old characters (Gio, Meruru's dad, Sterk and Astrid's master), but prequels rarely happen since fan's get angry when their established favorites aren't in a game, or there are less characters in a game than the previous one.

The ideal release window for the game has already passed though, so I don't have all that much hype going.

24 minutes ago, mecharobot said:

I once speculated about a possible 4th game being Atelier Astrid, as there are references to happenings involving many of the old characters (Gio, Meruru's dad, Sterk and Astrid's master), but prequels rarely happen since fan's get angry when their established favorites aren't in a game, or there are less characters in a game than the previous one.

The ideal release window for the game has already passed though, so I don't have all that much hype going.

A prequel could be a nice idea, but Arland has already 3 games and it can be a little bit strange do one now if we considerate all important characters each game has. In my opinion Astrid’s master maybe could be someone in any of the old ps2 games or even psx, I don’t know why I can’t put a spoiler now (I’m writting on my phone) but she said something very interesting about her master and with that information Gust could create a serious plot about Astrid’s master...

46 minutes ago, starcrunch061 said:

I never played Meruru. Is it any good? It's pretty cheap used (although it's still pretty pricey new).

Meruru is the perfect equilibrium between alchemy and adventures.

• Like 1

This is a surprising good news. I enjoyed the Arland trilogy with the three games focusing on the different alchemists and their apprentices. I like the idea that a possible pre-sequel 4th game will be nice about Astrid as she's an interesting character still with a lot of backstories. If they plan to make a sequel that can be good too though not too sure how the story continues on. 

So, we already got the confirmation; I changed the title.

It's called 'Atelier Rurua: The Alchemist of Arland 4' and will be available for PS4 and Switch in 2019.

The protagonist is Elmeluria Frixell, the daughter of Ateler Rorona: The Alchemist of Arland protagonist Rorona. Her voice actor is currently unannounced. She has long hair adorned with a heart symbol. Her clothes appear to be hand-me-downs from Rorona. She is a studious girl and reckless type who, studying under her master to become an alchemist like her mother, picks up a certain book.

Elmeluria’s childhood friend is Eva Armster. Her voice actor is also unannounced. She is a proper girl who works at a nursery school. While she has a quiet personality, she is a tough fighter in battle, seemingly using a bazooka or Gatling gun.

The game uses the synthesis, exploration, and battle elements of the Arland series as its base. New systems based on elements that gained popularity through the Mysterious sub-series of Atelier games will also appear. Synthesis will be both classic and new.

The world features an even bigger Arland Republic where Arls has been annexed. It also seems that Rorona is somewhere far away from here.

Source

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, Helmet_time said:

From her design, it kinda looks like Totori is the father...

Hahaha, the first time I saw this image I thought exactly the same, it was like... wait... Totori-chan? I must admit she is beautifull, but at the same time it feel so strange to me think that now Rorona is mother ?

3 minutes ago, kidson2004 said:

Damn now I see I need to play the trilogy on the PS3. 

You can do it on PS3 or wait to december 3 and play the trilogy on PS4, but this time the Arland DX on PS4 are the same games from Vita, which mean plus version, them are not the vanila version like on PS3.

1 minute ago, IntroPhenom said:

You enjoyed the time limits??  ?  Egads!  

Time limite = Atelier. :awesome:

Edited by AlchemistWer
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, AlchemistWer said:

You can do it on PS3 or wait to december 3 and play the trilogy on PS4, but this time the Arland DX on PS4 are the same games from Vita, which mean plus version, them are not the vanila version like on PS3.

Oh sweet, I didn’t m me they were coming to the PS4. I’ll wait on that version instead. Thanks mate! 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Helmet_time said:

From her design, it kinda looks like Totori is the father...

Lol, with alchemy, anything is possible. I seriously doubt they'd go that route, though.

Rorona becoming a mother... I guess I can live with that. However, if they pull this shit with Totori, I will be pissed. In fact, I wouldn't even buy the game; I'd just pretend like it didn't exist. I know this sounds ridiculous, and like I'm joking, but I'm dead serious. TotoMimi is the best and nothing can convince me otherwise. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Cave_Johnson_ said:

Lol, with alchemy, anything is possible. I seriously doubt they'd go that route, though.

Rorona becoming a mother... I guess I can live with that. However, if they pull this shit with Totori, I will be pissed. In fact, I wouldn't even buy the game; I'd just pretend like it didn't exist. I know this sounds ridiculous, and like I'm joking, but I'm dead serious. TotoMimi is the best and nothing can convince me otherwise. 

Finally someone... But my problem is with Rorona instead Totori, and this is a strange feeling to be honest. ):