Atelier Lulua: The Scion of Arland officially announced

9 hours ago, Helmet_time said:

From her design, it kinda looks like Totori is the father...

Whoa whoa whoa, Totori x Mimi is a thing here. 

on topic. Rorona's daughter eh? Sterk finally confessed I guess? Guess we'll wait and see. I'm excited to see another game in the series. Can't wait to see who's the real father. Wonder if Astrid will be there as well.

Edited by Rick_Sanchez
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, AlchemistWer said:

Finally someone... But my problem is with Rorona instead Totori, and this is a strange feeling to be honest. ): 

Don't really understand what the problem is, but I guess everyone thinks different.

I really like the idea of Rorona being a mother. I think she'd be a great mother (and Astrid would be a great grandmother xD)

And she really looks beautiful and reminded me of Totori, too.

Guess I really have to play the last trilogy and then the DX version before playing this then. 

Edited by Kurorac
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Kurorac said:

Don't really understand what the problem is, but I guess everyone thinks different.

I really like the idea of Rorona being a mother. I think she'd be a great mother (and Astrid would be a great grandmother xD)

And she really looks beautiful and reminded me of Totori, too.

Guess I really have to play the last trilogy and then the DX version before playing this then. 

Maybe I'm being selfish about the matter of Rorona now became a mother, but I can't understand the logic behind this, why if Rorona now is mother Gust let her in other land far away where her daughter is... If you don't want show me Rorona in her 35+ and most importat the Lulua`s father don't touch Rorona and simply create another Arland game with another protagonist... In the last update they said that we could know who the father is...

The last update has something very interesting:

- “While it may be surprising that Rorona is a mother, we don’t want to betray everyone’s expectations or destroy the feelings of fans who have watched her grow thus far, so please rest assured.”

- Gematsu.

Nice thank you Gust... but seem like Junzo Hosoi will write the story of this new Atelier (The same man who did Blue reflection) but I'm already  disagree with this game just for this official comment:

- "Since the world is so vast, there is no time limit."

Ok fine, the first Arland game without time limited, old Atelier fans are already dead for Gust and now just because you want create a "vast world" the best choice is eliminate the true essence of Atelier, do whatever you want Gust and destroy Atelier.

Edited by AlchemistWer

More Infos on the game, the character and the story was released, as well as some screenshots. There will also be a Limited Edition:

■ Story

The latest entry in the Arland series that began with Atelier Rorona: The Alchemist of Arland. Following Atelier Totori: The Adventurer of Arland and Atelier Meruru: The Apprentice of Arland, a new story will be told. This game takes place after Atelier Meruru. The characters and places passed by time will once again be depicted. Set in a world that is both nostalgic and new, the curtain will rise on a new adventure story that revolves around alchemy.

Atelier Lulua: The Alchemist of Arland 4

■ Characters

Elmeluria Frixell (Lulua)
“Rorona. That is the name of the mother I love.”

A headlong, wholly devoted girl who works as an alchemist.

Eva Armster

Lulua’s cherished childhood friend.

■ Systems

Synthesis, exploration, battle…

The mainstay game systems of the Atelier series return, and various elements based on the Arland series are being further deepened.

And not only are they simply being deepened, new game possibilities have opened by incorporating the essence of the systems established up until the latest entries in the Atelier series.

Look forward to more information at a later date.

■ First-Print Bonus

First-print copies of the game will include a costume for Lulua.

■ Standard and Special Editions

Standard and Digital Edition (7,800 yen)

• A copy of the game

Premium Box (10,800 yen)

• A copy of the game
  • A download code for a Lulua-exclusive costume before it is released
  • Lulua & The Alchemists of Arland Memorial Art Book
  • Atelier Lulua Sound Archives (one disc)
  • Two acrylic mini character charms

Special Collection Box (19,800 yen)

• A copy of the game
  • A download code for a Lulua-exclusive costume before it is released
  • Lulua & The Alchemists of Arland Memorial Art Book
  • Atelier Lulua Sound Archives (one disc)
  • Two acrylic mini character charms
  • Crystal paperweight (including serial number certificate)
  • Extra large illustration cloth poster

Source

More Infos:

Atelier Lulua: The Scion of Arland will be released for PlayStation 4, Switch, and PC in North America and Europe in spring 2019, the company announced.

The game’s official website (North America, Europe, Japan) and a Japanese press release provide the first official information and screenshots.

Source

Edited by dermarx
  • Like 4

Western Version Announced

Taken from Gust Facebook page:

"

We are thrilled to announce the 4th instalment in the Atelier Arland series Atelier Lulua: The Scion of Arland is officially coming to the west, Spring 2019! Experience all-new synthesis, exploration, and battle systems. The story continues on several years after the last game, indulge yourself in how time has changed the world around you, and rekindled old relationships!

Coming as a physical and digital release to PS4 and Switch, and digitally via Steam

"

Edited by fisty123
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

More Infos on the Story and the characters:

Story

A story of “inheritance” that revolves around “ancient records.”

The setting is Arklys, a town on the frontier of the Arland Republic.

An alchemist girl lives in this town. As the alchemist disciple of Piana, who is said to have aimlessly visited the town, the girl strives to master synthesis day after day. Her dream is straightforward: “to surpass the great alchemist that is my mother.” And her mother’s name—Rorolina Frixell.

This girl, who inherited the Frixell name, one day comes across a book. This book, which cannot be read by anyone other than herself, is incredibly difficult to understand. After managing to decipher the first page, she feels with certainty that some sort of power dwells within her.

Holding on to her natural curiosity and dreams, she makes the decision to decipher the book. That decision will eventually lead to the unraveling of the truth of not only Arklys, but of Arland as well.

Atelier Lulua: The Scion of Arland

■ The Environment Surrounding Rorona’s Daughter, Lulua

Lulua does not have her own Atelier. She uses the covered carriage atelier of her teacher to synthesize items.

Lulua wants to be a prominent alchemist like her mother Rorona, but her ability still has some way to go.

One day, Lulua comes across a book called “Alchemy Riddle.” This book of many mysteries, which is said can only be read by Lulua, will change her future and grant her great power.

■ Familiar Places of the Arland Region Reappear

Lulua will visit locations once traveled by Rorona, Totori, and Meruru. Do these places look familiar to you?

■ New Characters

Piana

Fully grown, a girl of Frontier.

An alchemist and Lulua’s teacher. She studied alchemy under Totori, a famous alchemist of Arland, and has grown into a full-fledged alchemist. Nowadays, she teaches Lulua alchemy as her teacher. Proper and helpful, Piana is a skilled instructor, but also has a mischievous side in that she issues difficult challenges to her darling disciple.

—Artwork.

—3D model.

—Screenshots.

Totori happened to meet Piana when she visited Frontier Village in Atelier Totori: The Adventurer of Arland. Back then, Piana was a kid tomboy who knew nothing of alchemy.

—The following two screenshots are from Totori’s meeting with Piana in Atelier Totori: The Adventurer of Arland DX.

Kristoff Aurel Arland (Aurel)

The rumored prodigy knight.

An adventurer known as an up-and-coming prodigy knight in the Arland region. While cool and candid, he has a serious personality. Although he doesn’t want to get involved in trouble, he tends to poke his nose in others’ business against his better judgment when he comes across someone in a bind. He trains every day with the goal of becoming the “strongest knight” and surpassing “a certain man.”

—Artwork.

—3D model.

—Screenshots.

■ The Characters of Arland Appear Once More

The characters and places that appeared in the Arland series will appear once again—changed by time. Set in a world proceeding the story of Atelier Meruru: The Apprentice of Arland, please look forward to a future update to see what form those characters have will take.

Source

• Like 1

Yeah the last three silhouette are clearly Rorona, Totori and Meruru. But to me the explanation about Piana continue be few coherent. Now Gust said that she was a Totori's apprentice and that mean at least to me that if she learned alchemy with Totori only it can be possible after Totori's adventure finished (Totori game) or after Totori spent 6 years with Meruru and she return to her village or Piana find Totori in Meruru's kingdom or maybe Arland. 

If you play Meruru read this:

Spoiler

Of course Totori in Meruru game go back to Arland and maybe she could see Piana while she go around Arland, but she just go back for few days and with the teleport item to do two fast travels.

Edited by AlchemistWer

• 2 weeks later...

The latest issue of Weekly Famitsu has a first look at (the grown up) Rorona in Atelier Lulua: The Scion of Arland.
I put the picture in the Spoiler because.. well, spoiler: 

Spoiler

Atelier-Lulua_Fami_11-20-18_001.jpg

Atelier Lulua: The Scion of Arland is due out for PlayStation 4 and Switch in Japan in 2019, and for PlayStation 4, Switch, and PC in North America and Europe in spring 2019.

Further information has not yet leaked from the magazine.

Source

Edited by dermarx
  • Like 1

• 2 months later...

Totori was introduced, as well as Mimi Houllier von Schwarzlang, who first appeared in Atelier Totori: The Adventurer of Arland

Spoiler

Atelier-Lulua-Charas_01-25-19.jpg

Here is an overview of each character:

Totooria Helmold

A student of Rorona, Totori is a highly capable alchemist. She is also Piana’s teacher, with whom she is carrying out activities to spread alchemy across the world. Recently, she is being mindful not to immediately say out loud what pops into her head.

Mimi Houllier von Schwarzlang

Totori’s childhood friend and a veteran adventurer who works as her convoy. Her spearmanship is top class in Arland. She is still as tsundere as ever.

As for whether Totori and Mimi will join the player’s party, Dengeki PlayStation does not feature any screenshots with the pair in the party.

Source

Edited by dermarx

• 2 weeks later...

Atelier Lulua: The Scion of Arland will launch for PlayStation 4, Switch, and PC on May 21 in North America and May 24 in Europe, publisher Koei Tecmo and developer Gust announced; Only two months after the release in Japan.

Also there is a new trailer online:

Source

• 3 weeks later...

Just in case anyone's interested, here's the entire prologue from the Weekly Famitsu demo:

The full demo is actually much longer than 48 minutes, since it contains not only the prologue but also the entire first chapter. I'm currently ~3 hours in and still haven't finished it yet. If you want to try it out for yourself, here's the link for the digital copy of the Weekly Famitsu issue which comes with a download code for the demo: https://bookwalker.jp/de35181525-2418-47b9-b658-487776ce2ec6/

Edited by Miku Maekawa
  • Like 2

I initially didn't plan to upload more footage, but since people seem to like it, here's another video of the first chapter. It directly continues from the prologue video posted above - after the screen goes black in the last few seconds of the first video, the next thing that comes up is the title card of the first chapter.

I also uploaded a short video of the title screen, so people can enjoy the short loop of music that plays there.

Edited by Miku Maekawa