Beta FW 6.10 live - PSN ID Change Feature now available

Suminya

Please. Just think a little bit sometimes.

Some games, especially online games, are simply not programmed to realize name changes. So if the game saves data on the server, It may not recognize you so basically your stats (+purchases for ingame content, Trophy progress e.g. win 200 online matches) might will be gone. This could be the case especially for older games. 

I am sure actual Games, DLC purchases and gained trophys won't be affected.

Edited by Rhevarr
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, TheLakota said:

Thanks! He's been a favorite of mine since he first claimed the welterweight title from Hughes. He hit legendary status in my eyes after the Joe Daddy fight which, coincidentally, is the match in which this photo was taken following that bloodbath IIRC.

On topic: When I first sat down to make a PSN account after booting up my Fat PS3 I wanted the name "Lakota" as it was often a handle I used online. Even if that name were to be available now, I still don't think it'd be worth it for me to change given I've been, well, me for over a decade now.

Not to mention he probably fought at every weight class and doesn't care who and what he faces. True legend. 

Know what you mean. I've had this account since early 2012 and I wouldn't want to part away with it especially that I've met many friends here from this site by that alias. (What an alias eh? Haha). 

But I expect Sony to improve this feature as time passes. I mean you can't go any lower than that right? Time will tell

10 hours ago, Miku Maekawa said:

If you change your Online ID:
• You may lose access to content (including paid-for content)

And I'm out. 

Guess the decision on whether or not I will ever change my name has just been made for me.

7 hours ago, SnizelPS said:

So many disadvantages and risks...

Unless your name is xXpussyslay3r69Xx i wouldn't risk it.

I'd risk it to change my name *to* xXpussyslay3r69Xx

While it may be cautionary talk to cover their butts in case something goes wrong, the most reasonable thing to do would be to wait for others to try the beta first and if everything looks good and the losses are minimal or nonexistent, then it'd be a more reasonable offer. At least they came up with something for people to change their names, which is good but considering all that could be lost in the process makes anyone think more than once about trying this out.

I imagine older PS3 and Vita titles are the most probable candidates to run into problems considering some of those games were made with Sony's previous online architecture in mind. I personally wouldn't gamble on this until at least a couple of months have passed and mostly everyone is happy with the end results. That's my recommendation :)

11 hours ago, Miku Maekawa said:

Update #1:

Here are some screenshots of the entire process: https://imgur.com/a/flQvHsW

Original post:

Well, there it is... Sony is sending out invitations once again.

Welcome to the PlayStation00ae.png4 System Software 6.10
Change Online ID Preview!

Congratulations! You've been selected to help us test features of the System Software 6.10 Update. Your participation in this programme is extremely important to us and we look forward to hearing from you on our forums!

Hide contents

Change Online ID Overview 

As part of the System Software 6.10 preview, we are rolling out the upcoming Change Online ID system feature. As a preview user you will be able to change your Online ID using the new system tools.

To use this feature please ensure you have a clear understanding of the implications of changing your Online ID and the software’s restrictions – described in the following sections – before software installation. If you are unsure, do not download and install the Preview Programme software.

Important Information Before Changing your Online ID:

Not all games and applications for PS42122.png, PS32122.png, PS Vita, and other PlayStation00ae.png systems support the Online ID change feature. If you change your Online ID:
• You may lose access to content (including paid-for content) that you have acquired for your games, including content like add-ons and virtual currency.
• You may lose your progress within games, including game saved data, leaderboard data and progress toward trophies.
• Parts of your games and applications might not function properly, both online and offline.
• Your previous Online ID(s) may remain visible to you and other players in some places.

Change Online ID Restrictions During Preview:

The changes during the preview will adhere to the following structure:
• First change is free for all users.
• Second change will be charged at €9.99 / £7.99 (PlayStation00ae.pngPlus subscribers receive a 50% discount).
• If your previous Online ID violates any of the current Terms of Service, you will not be able to revert back to your previous Online ID.
• You can revert to your previous Online ID once per account during the preview period.
• Sub-Accounts cannot utilise the Change Online ID feature.
• After you change your Online ID, it may take a few hours for some services and applications to reflect the new ID.

If for any reason you have issues after changing your Online ID you can revert back to your previous ID at no charge. However:
• you may only do this once during the preview period;
• changing back to your previous Online ID may not fix all issues (you may not recover all or any lost content, progress and functionality; and
• if you want to change back, do so as soon as possible because changing back to your previous Online ID may affect content, game progress and functionality associated with your new Online ID.

Customer Support:

During the preview period if issues occur after changing your Online ID, and you need to revert to your previous ID, please use the following link: www.playstation.com/onlineid/revert.
All revert requests will be processed within 24 hours.

So..not worth it then. I would love to correct my name, but not if means I could possibly lose my dlcs or COD stats. I worked hard to get all these easter eggs done and my leaderboard stats, so I don't want to start over. :/ 

11 minutes ago, DiabloXIIIofWar said:

Welp I just changed my ID and now it says my profile is private other than that though everything is normal I didn't lose any purchases or progress on my PS4 games. I'll be able to check PS3 and  Vita tommorow. Hopefully everything's ok 1f44c.png

I have been wondering how PSNprofiles is going to handle this ID change.

20 minutes ago, snakebit10 said:

https://forum.psnprofiles.com/forum/5-site-help-issues-feedback/

The OP in the thread above changed his PSN name and it seems PSNP updated his profile with the new name in about an hour. So far, it seems like PSNP will handle it just fine. 

Parker

• Like 2

I wanted to change mine but damn...idk now. It’s either roll with a new account or just be Kitty forever...strangely enough, the things you risk losing seems to be on par with what sony would warn customers of when having a forced PSN name change due to some of you “creative” beat the automated system types...

4 minutes ago, Cassylvania said:

So... I may lose all my purchased content, my progress in every game I own, my ability to play said games, and the new ID might not even be visible?

Does it also slash my tires and skin my cat?

I seriously think you have the best damn PSN name I’ve ever seen. It’s oroginal, creative and easy to understand the reference. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, snakebit10 said:

Probaby Sony just “protect their ass” in case of malfunction. So they maybe make the situation more dramatic than it is. But we all know, we need testers to take the risk for all of us and report if it’s all safe.

1 hour ago, DiabloXIIIofWar said:

Welp I just changed my ID and now it says my profile is private other than that though everything is normal I didn't lose any purchases or progress on my PS4 games. I'll be able to check PS3 and  Vita tommorow. Hopefully everything's ok 1f44c.png

Good to know! Have you connected to every single available online servers from every of your PS4 games to see if servers can take it? Have you tried to upload/download or copy your save files via the PS+ storage or USB storage to see how saves react?

Also, please try every of your PS3 and Vita games and their online servers (if those are still up), and try every DLC from games.

While I currently don't like my PSN ID, I do like the idea of keeping all the stuff I've bought and all the progress on my games and the opportunity to still play games that I want to play. People are saying "wait for people to test this before you try it", people aren't going to test all the games out there to see if a random game will be affected, I'll also add that just because it's not a problem for that person doesn't mean it won't be a problem for you. You might be interested in an obscure game that nobody has talked about in a long time, then find out that your PSN ID isn't compatible with that game. The funny thing is that in Sony's revert URL, it asks which games are affected. I think if you say that some of Sony's published games are affected it will probably remind them that the servers are still up for those games which will then result in the servers being shut for those games, at the rate Sony has been going with server shutdowns it won't surprise me that they hope to shut all their last-gen titles. 

Sony is fucking up something that Microsoft has been doing successfully for many years. There are so many simple things Sony do screw up and I think if it does screw up someone's previous purchases, it definitely should be on them to find a way to transfer them. It hasn't been a feature I've been hyped about like some people have been, it's just something I would have used if it was completely safe. I knew it wouldn't be safe considering they're Sony and a lot of shit goes wrong with PSN frequently as it is. 

Edited by Sergen

15 hours ago, Banana_Sausage47 said:

Losing save data and also losing access to stuff you've paid for. Yeesh.

No thanks.  Not that it's guaranteed that this will happen, but any chance greater than zero is too much.  What if your saves & trophies from a game that you've got 50+ hours in suddenly get nuked?

LOL at the suggestions PSN comes up with if your chosen username is not available. None of them are really good.

Cassylvania, that username is one of the coolest.  I'd stick with it.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, gameoverDude189 said:

No thanks.  Not that it's guaranteed that this will happen, but any chance greater than zero is too much.  What if your saves & trophies from a game that you've got 50+ hours in suddenly get nuked?

LOL at the suggestions PSN comes up with if your chosen username is not available. None of them are really good.

Cassylvania, that username is one of the coolest.  I'd stick with it.

That’s what I said. She’s got the best damned name by far