Beta FW 6.10 live - PSN ID Change Feature now available

Suminya

1 hour ago, soultaker655 said:

Changed mine. Everything seems fine on ps4 and ps3. Saves and trophies seem fine.

With the name change, does the site recognize it and link it back to your forum profile?  Does it keep your premium memberships?

I ask because I noticed with @Omar that his change created a brand new entry on the leaderboard which didn't link back to an existing forum profile and lost the premium membership.  The other examples I have seen have just been people updating their signatures with a link to their new ID/new trophy card.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, PlanetSurvival said:

In a way, yes. My new name is Kuro_Ankokuboshi.

I can see your profile when searching for Kuro_Ankokuboshi but when I hover over your @PlanetSurvival name and click PSN Profile I get:

VI7YUfS.png

Presumably it takes a couple of hours before PSN Profiles changes all your PlanetSurvival entries to Kuro_Ankokuboshi ones?

7 minutes ago, soultaker655 said:

On the PSN side everything works. All saves, digital games (PS3, Vita and PS4), PS+ saves and games, and PSnow are fine

Have you tried to play DLCs from PS3 and Vita games? Have you tried to connect to servers from old games that are still up?

@Anke I noticed that too. I guess trophy data can only be stored on one profile at a time. If I were to change my name a second time, the Kuro one would probably be blank as well.

4 minutes ago, Max654 said:

Have you tried to play DLCs from PS3 and Vita games? Have you tried to connect to servers from old games that are still up?

Speaking for myself, the oldest game I have that has active online support and DLC is Burnout Paradise (the original on PS3, not the PS4 remaster). I have all the DLC and was able to load up Big Surf Island (a DLC map) and access all DLC cars without issue, and that game was released in early 2008. If that still works, hopefully everything is fine.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, PlanetSurvival said:

@Anke I noticed that too. I guess trophy data can only be stored on one profile at a time. If I were to change my name a second time, the Kuro one would probably be blank as well.

Speaking for myself, the oldest game I have that has active online support and DLC is Burnout Paradise (the original on PS3, not the PS4 remaster). I have all the DLC and was able to load up Big Surf Island (a DLC map) and access all DLC cars without issue, and that game was released in early 2008. If that still works, hopefully everything is fine.

Sounds promising. I first thought of connecting to Burnout Paradise PS3 servers and play the DLCs to see if all works, along with other PS3 games in my possession.

The more the positive I hear, the more I think that Sony has done a great job of rebuilding the PSN infrastructure. All those warnings were obviously a way to “protect their ass” if it turns out to have horrified problems.

Edited by Max654

2 minutes ago, soultaker655 said:

Download list on ps3 and Vita seems to work fine, all DLC and games are there and downloadable. Played SSX and Fuse on ps3 and Soul Sacrifice Delta on vita. All saves worked and was able to get online with the new name.  

Woah that's unexpectedly promising. Can't wait to see the reports on other games :D

Just now, PlanetSurvival said:

Roughly translated, her name means "The Darkness of Hell," but unfortunately I wasn't able to fit all of it so I had to take some liberties 1f604.png

Oh, it's boshi as in star (星), not boushi as in hat (帽子) xD

4 minutes ago, Mikoto_railgun01 said:

this seems kinda harsh to just change a name

I think Sony is just prewarning people what can go wrong. When you are moving that much data. Shits can happen. At least they are telling you outfront all the shits that can happen. Other companies may just do it and deal with the consequence later. Telling people too much is really like a double-edged sword.

14 hours ago, kitty_sullivan said:

I seriously think you have the best damn PSN name I’ve ever seen. It’s original, creative and easy to understand the reference. 

Oh, thanks! Yeah, I have no intention of changing it. I mean, maybe if they allowed spaces and apostrophes... Then I could be Cassassin's Reed.

But I hope everybody who wants to change their name gets the name they want, and there are no major issues with it. So far, it sounds like it's just been a precautionary warning.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Viper said:

Got accepted to the Beta, but "Viper" is taken...so this feature is useless to me. ?

Did you receive a voucher code or was it a notification on your PS4?