Beta FW 6.10 live - PSN ID Change Feature now available

Suminya

3 hours ago, Fenderfix21 said:

Is this confirmed? Where did you read this? :o

Because I have 2 accounts (Fenderfix and Fenderfix21) and I want to "swap" the IDs! Maybe I'll finally be able to remove the "21" from my main nick!

Swapping won’t happen. The original PSN name is still ther account Identifier.

8 hours ago, kitty_sullivan said:

Swapping won’t happen. The original PSN name is still ther account Identifier.

This is what confused me when Sly mentioned 6 months before old name disappears.

On 23/10/2018 at 7:39 PM, Sly Ripper said:

6 months

I can't see many people changing names especially trophy hunters or people that have spent alot on digital buys.. How hard can it really be ? Sony really haven't thought it through. Been with PSN since day one and to lose everything over a name change no thanks i think ill stick to name i have, survived this long with it whats another 5-10 years ?

5 hours ago, kitty_sullivan said:

Sony stated, when I spoke with them about this, that the original PSN name would remain in place. Hence why they offer a “revert” back feature for any unsupported games. 

But maybe (?) you after 6 months can't "revert" to the original PSN name? Because so I can't understand what @Sly Ripperintended.

Edited by Fenderfix21

57 minutes ago, Major Rain said:

Actually those who have tested name change so far have experienced no issues at all

I haven't heard anything either here or on tweets about any issues but only hear those who dont use it spreading more fear thats just precaution. Theres a chance of error in the transition for everything. Just cause they don't tell you in the open people think it's safe. MMO name changes had always had a chance linked items wouldnt work or you may be missing currency. Microsoft might even have the same deal with their name change but didnt bother with telling us.

I just changed mine. Everything seems to be fine. Will update if anything..

I went on PS3 and booted up Mortal Kombat and my save file still worked so I'm happy about that cause I put a good amount of time into it.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Ghost said:

I just changed mine. Everything seems to be fine. Will update if anything..

I went on PS3 and booted up Mortal Kombat and my save file still worked so I'm happy about that cause I put a good amount of time into it.

Did your name change appear on the ps3?

I’m much happier now, since people don’t seem to be experiencing many issues.

I know that people here on PSNP don’t like multiplayer much, but if someone played these games before, can you give some feedback about if you still have your online profile intact after you changed your name:

Uncharted 3: Drake’s Deception (PS3)

Need for Speed: Most Wanted (PS3 and Vita)

Killzone Mercenary (Vita)

Plants vs Zombies Garden Warfare 1 and 2 (PS4)

If everything is ok with these games, then I won’t be afraid to change my name, when I have the chance.

Also, here on PSNP is the situation going to stay like this or are things being worked on? Losing the premium membership on the “new” account and having the forum profile linking to a blank profile is far from being a perfect situation.

Anyway, congratulations to Sony for, apparently, working so hard, so that name changes can happen smoothly. 

Beta testers, congratulations for being brave and I hope you are happy with your new names! Soon, everyone will be able to do it!

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Carol said:

I’m much happier now, since people don’t seem to be experiencing many issues.

I know that people here on PSNP don’t like multiplayer much, but if someone played these games before, can you give some feedback about if you still have your online profile intact after you changed your name:

Uncharted 3: Drake’s Deception (PS3)

Need for Speed: Most Wanted (PS3 and Vita)

Killzone Mercenary (Vita)

Plants vs Zombies Garden Warfare 1 and 2 (PS4)

If everything is ok with these games, then I won’t be afraid to change my name, when I have the chance.

Also, here on PSNP is the situation going to stay like this or are things being worked on? Losing the premium membership on the “new” account and having the forum profile linking to a blank profile is far from being a perfect situation.

Anyway, congratulations to Sony for, apparently, working so hard, so that name changes can happen smoothly. 

Beta testers, congratulations for being brave and I hope you are happy with your new names! Soon, everyone will be able to do it!

Unfortunately I'm not a beta tester, but I will change my name as soon as the official update will be released so I will let you know if Uncharted 3 works, considering that I still play it almost daily (if nobody does it before of course)

• Like 1

10 hours ago, BeautifulTorment said:

So your profile on psnp now links to a dead profile. What is your new id? I'm curious how this all works.

https://psnprofiles.com/Wavergray

The site treats it as a brand new profile but all trophies from the original name have been moved over.

Edited by soultaker655
  • Like 1

49 minutes ago, soultaker655 said:

https://psnprofiles.com/Wavergray

The site treats it as a brand new profile but all trophies from the original name have been moved over.

There’s probably a way that PSNP can transfer the forum account and premium membership to the new ID. We’ll see in the following months how @Sly Ripper and the team will fix this.

1 hour ago, BeautifulTorment said:

I wonder how this site will handle that. I can't imagine it would be very complicated.

I would say that the only element that may not be recovered is trophy profile views, which is completely irrelevant so everything else should be fine eventually. I'm personally patient and understanding, I fully trust @Sly Ripper on this one ^_^

2 hours ago, EternalChaos72 said:

Sony just trolled all the people who need this feature xD 

How, exactly? Everything I've read from people who have changed their names has been positive. Nothing has been lost, all saves/progress from PS4/PS3/Vita games are like they were before the name change. I haven't read anything negative about the process yet. 

Parker

• Like 3