Beta FW 6.10 live - PSN ID Change Feature now available

Suminya

27 minutes ago, Y_arOz- said:

2 Questions:

1- What will happen with PSNProfiles gametag/name/account with PSN ID change?

2- If I have an old account with a name that I like, can I change that account name so that the old ID becomes available for my new account?

I want to know about question 2

1 hour ago, Y_arOz- said:

2 Questions:

1- What will happen with PSNProfiles gametag/name/account with PSN ID change?

2- If I have an old account with a name that I like, can I change that account name so that the old ID becomes available for my new account?

1- People are working on it, so that name changes can happen smoothly:

2- I don’t think so, at least according to some information that @kitty_sullivan collected and that you can see here:

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Max654 said:

Any more reports? How about Rayman Legends challenge leaderboards being affected to the name change, especially Vita version? I know that the challenges rotate daily and weekly and that the Awesomeness level is stored into the save file, but still...

Latest I’ve heard is my buddy is unable to play COD PS3 games as they freeze up whenever it shows the PSN name on screen. Which is upsettinggg as I want to reply through Mass Effect series.

On 10/27/2018 at 7:41 AM, Armored Squirrel said:

Can anyone test Call of Duty games, specifically the Black Ops series (both PS3 and PS4)? I would rather not lose my stats for BO3/BO4, though I don't care much for BO1/BO2. 

I’m hearing CoD MW3 and Blk OPs 2 is freezing up

On 10/27/2018 at 7:18 AM, Major Rain said:

Ignore post

Why ignore?

54 minutes ago, kitty_sullivan said:

I hear that.  Too many people assume I’m a chick...so I kinda can’t wait to change mine

To what? Mrkitty_sullivan.

7 hours ago, kitty_sullivan said:

Latest I’ve heard is my buddy is unable to play COD PS3 games as they freeze up whenever it shows the PSN name on screen. Which is upsettinggg as I want to reply through Mass Effect series.

I’m hearing CoD MW3 and Blk OPs 2 is freezing up

Why ignore?

Hmm, well I wasn't planning to go back to BO2 like ever, since the platinum trophy is forever impossible. But what about BO1/BO3/BO4? 

9 hours ago, ERGOPROXY-DECAY said:

To what? Mrkitty_sullivan.

Yeah but it’s just kitty sullivan... maybe I should’ve put Mr. tagged on

7 hours ago, Stealth_Purist said:

Cause I didn't mean to quote your post. 1f62c.png

Ah, okey dokey

4 hours ago, Armored Squirrel said:

Hmm, well I wasn't planning to go back to BO2 like ever, since the platinum trophy is forever impossible. But what about BO1/BO3/BO4? 

I don’t know about those. 

• 2 weeks later...

I really want to change my name to something more mature and neutral, but I'm really scared by all those scary things that could happen.

I will definitely wait until they are lists which games will work and which games will have issues. Also, maybe they will come up with updates in the future, which will fix more stuff and make the ID change more reliable.

While I'm happy the option for an ID change is available after years of countless request from Sony, is it really worth the cost of losing your content? Unless they can somehow rectify those current issues I'm not too keen on the possibility of taking that step forward.

On 10/23/2018 at 5:48 AM, Max654 said:

Let’s hope that feedbacks will bring Sony to keep everything more structured like keeping the original ID as “Account ID”, then our new ID as “Display ID”. This way, we can still play online features from old games as our original ID, we all keep our save data, trophy progression and such, all intact while we’re identified in the PSN as the original ID, exactly like Steam, when our login name is still the original one.

At this right moment, Sony just kills off the long waited feature... people from changing their ID, fearing to lose it all. I’ve been waiting for this feature for years and I’m afraid of jeopardize the integrity of my trophies, games and save files... :( Sony truly cannot make a proper network, they really fucked up the database from the ground up!

Men, I cannot wait to hear the complains from the testers...

This is what I expected given PS4 already has that in the "real name" sort of.

But this is nonsense. Why even change it? Adapt the old name as an account name for new hardware, then it remains the same for all legacy systems and nothing breaks since it still reads what it always did. It doesn't register it as a new "account" name, but the information didn't change for their access. And then PS4 and forward will use the display names to showcase on leaderboards and all that. Or any games on PS4 that can't (for whatever reason) end up reading the new name, will just display the account name too...

I don't get why it's this way. But then I also couldn't program my way out of paper bag so who knows. Maybe it really is the convoluted mess that can't be done properly... and now Sony can go "you got it" and drop it now. I doubt this will shut people up about it though, all those risks. Even losing paid for content... that's just insane.

On 11/6/2018 at 9:01 PM, kitty_sullivan said:

I hear that.  Too many people assume I’m a chick...so I kinda can’t wait to change mine

People assume I'm a woman a lot since I use female avatars (99.9% of the time Terra..). Not that big of a deal to me, but hey to each their own.

On ‎24‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 9:36 PM, Fing3rButt3r3 said:

Lets be real. Do you think Sony will fuck up this bad? Chances are 1 in a million they strew up your account and take a lifetime to fix....

No. The chances of anything coming from Mars are a million to one (they said). Sony screwing this up for some people is far more likely ;)

On ‎01‎/‎11‎/‎2018 at 1:31 PM, Y_arOz- said:

If I have an old account with a name that I like, can I change that account name so that the old ID becomes available for my new account?

No. I have underlined the reasons why not several times in several threads here and for fear of sounding boring I wont go into the long details of why not but I will try and quickly explain why not.

To enable SONY to be able to allow PSN name changes they could not just change the base name, they had to apply a layer on top of that name that could then be changed by the user and that new name will be the display name for all and sundry to see, however the original name chosen will remain locked onto SONYs servers and cannot be changed or re-used on a different account.

1, Your name is AAAA

2. You change you name to BBBB

3, People now see you as BBBB

4. But AAAA will not then be available for anyone else (including the original owner) to create a new account with as it remains claimed and locked as a base name.

5. On SONYs servers you will always be AAAA but with a new layer on top of that which then shows you as BBBB to the public.

6. You could at a later date choose CCCC and then BBBB would become unlocked for other users to claim but AAAA is perma-tied to the account it was created for forever.

• 1 month later...
48 minutes ago, Jeffboy24 said:

Just a question to everyone in the Forum.

Did you guys tested the feature with the following Games and did they work?

Need For Speed Hot Pursuit

Need For Speed Most Wanted (2012)

You’re probably going to wait until the feature rolls out soon.