Only first game on disc, other through internet

TheRatchetPlayer

After I read it the first time I understood that all 3 games are on disc, but game 2 and game 3 will not be playable without the day-one patch.

I still have to find news and facts that go against my assumption, but I really hope they will not sell the trilogy as 1 game + 2 download codes. 

11 minutes ago, Ryuzaki1993 said:

After I read it the first time I understood that all 3 games are on disc, but game 2 and game 3 will not be playable without the day-one patch.

I still have to find news and facts that go against my assumption, but I really hope they will not sell the trilogy as 1 game + 2 download codes. 

Maybe they wanna prevent trading of used physical version of this game?

3 hours ago, knoef_NL said:

Its auto based. As confirmed on twitter. So it is re-sell-able. 
so NO Code you need to enter for the downloads

Source:

https://www.playstationlifestyle.net/2018/08/01/spyro-reignited-trilogy-download-disc/#/slide/1

also see comments in above news.

That's old news again, written back in August, so you can't go with that either.

All we can do is wait and see until launch day, since no one seems to want to properly confirm it or not.

1 hour ago, DrakeHellsing said:

That's old news again, written back in August, so you can't go with that either.

All we can do is wait and see until launch day, since no one seems to want to properly confirm it or not.

I'm pretty sure that is exactly what the OP is asking for

Screenshot on the official spyro site is the same as on Playstationlifestyle.net.
So i don't know what you mean with "old news"  cause OP is referring to this. You want the publisher to rewrite their statements each day/month so it isnt "old news" ?

5 hours ago, SpyroChampion said:

Maybe they wanna prevent trading of used physical version of this game?

They have no reasons to do so. Does anyone remember the "used game instructional video"?

Meanwhile, another company was talking crap about nuclear submarines... *cough*

Edited by Lance_87

1 hour ago, knoef_NL said:

I'm pretty sure that is exactly what the OP is asking for

Screenshot on the official spyro site is the same as on Playstationlifestyle.net.
So i don't know what you mean with "old news"  cause OP is referring to this. You want the publisher to rewrite their statements each day/month so it isnt "old news" ?

What I was meaning is that when it was written, they mention the September release date, the original release date before the whole delay ordeal.

But for me, I guess I just would like either Toys For Bob or Activision to clarify it instead of leaving fans in the dark about this whole ordeal, if the delay was to include the 3 games onto one disc or whatever the problem actually was.

The only scenario that makes sense here is that they delayed the game release because it wasn’t ready yet, but they had to have the discs go gold in order to release in time for Christmas, so they just sent the unfinished discs to print, and have finished the game via a mandatory download, rather than wait till the disc would be ready and miss all the sales from Christmas shopping. Shoddy. Absolutely no point buying a physical copy now. 

Edited by smudgedhorizon

22 minutes ago, DarkHpokinsn said:

Well, it seems like parts of 2 and 3 won’t be on disk, so I thought they delayed it to fix that problem. What a shame.

It's a misconception that they delayed it to put the games on disc.

They delayed it because spyro 3 wasn't finished.

Edited by monteblommie

2 minutes ago, DarkHpokinsn said:

Lol That’s what a lot of people thought, In the second point, how do you know that? Do you have insider info? Lol

It could be fake but i truly believe it, i saw a thread where an anonymous dev from toys for bob explained they needed more time for actual programming in spyro 3.

Activision almost shipped it anyway which would have resulted in needing heavy patching.

• Like 1

On 10/23/2018 at 10:03 AM, SnowxSakura said:

That's the same info that was already on the site before they delayed the game, it's possible they haven't updated that yet

https://www.ign.com/articles/2018/10/29/activision-clarifies-spyro-reignited-trilogy-download-requirements It's definitely the first game in full, 2 & 3 are downloaded. 

11 minutes ago, Armored Squirrel said:

I basically interpreted this from day 1 that this drama started but a couple people kept losing their shit about how 2&3 was going to be some kind of digital only code and stuff and and it spiralled out of control and turned into what everyone then believed and wanted to protest despite no one having ever stated such a thing officially at all to begin with. People poorly misinterpreted a small line of information and started outrage over something that was never true.

It's basically a day 1 patch for 2&3. It's exactly what it said on the tin to begin with. Nothing changed. 

Looking forward to getting the game, going to be an absolute blast.

Edited by JohnCenaSong-