Question about the game and platinum

Deluziion90

When it comes to JRPGS+Platinum I only got FFXV, nino Kuni 2, Nier Automata and Yakuza 6 so I'm not really an expert when it comes to this genre.

So this game has been in the back of my mind for some time but it keeps scaring me when I look around how many things you have to manage for the platinum.

As I'm a pretty chaotic dude and suck at time management in real life I would really like some information about this game which has probably been answered some times.

Pardon me if I name things wrong in my questions it's just random stuff I noticed when checking some reviews

1. Is the game on a constant timer (I saw in the upper left you have for example 4/5 morning) do I only have x amount of time to do things? Does this also include killing stuff in palaces etc. This would stress me the hell out if I cant even stand still for like 5 minutes.

2. So IF I'm starting this game I'll go for a blind run first and my second will be using a guide. I found a spreadsheet on PST.org which guides you through the game. Like I said I suck at managing things so I wondered if anyone who got the platinum used this sheet (its this sheet btw: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1dM4MZ_CKiu_EtcSL588-I2avd040YnGfARKEk3ViBck/edit#gid=0 ) It actually says what to do on what day. Like I said I got no clue how this game works but it would be nice to use something like this on a 2nd run.

Thanks for anyone helping me out! 

Edited by Deluziion90
added wrong spreadsheet

Yes and no to number 1

How persona works is you follow a real life type schedule, you wake up in the morning and go to school, and you stay there until the "after school" time period shows up, which unless there's a story event, you're free to do what you want until you return home(at which point it will become nighttime) You also have days off of school and holidays, only doing social links/jobs/story related things actually change the time of day. For the palaces you can take as long as you want in them, the time of day won't change until you leave the palace

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, SnowxSakura said:

Yes and no to number 1

* snip *

Ok so to summ it up if Im reading it correct

- Story changes the time of the day when you exit certain places(school etc)

- Doing x amount of things in your spare time changes the time of the day

- Doing the actually fighting stuff you can take all the time you want

Sorry for double checking and thanks for the help ?

- There are story events that will use up an entire day, so you won't be able to complete any activities on those days.

- Regular days are comprised of a day/night cycle and you may complete one activity during each cycle before proceeding to the next day.

- Palace's must be completed in a certain number of days, but it's more than manageable and not something you should stress over. Days that you visit Mementos or a Palace will count as an entire day being used up, so you'll essentially proceed to the next day however, there is a confidant that can allow you to complete a nighttime activity even after visiting Palaces/Mementos. If you're talking about actual fights, no, you can take as long as you want, although I believe there are a few fights where you must win by a certain number of turns.

Also, I would recommend focusing on maxing out certain confidants during your initial playthrough because they can be very useful during your initial playthrough as well as your second playthrough since maxed out confidants provide certain benefits in NG+.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Deluziion90 said:

Ok so to summ it up if Im reading it correct

- Story changes the time of the day when you exit certain places(school etc)

- Doing x amount of things in your spare time changes the time of the day

- Doing the actually fighting stuff you can take all the time you want

Sorry for double checking and thanks for the help 1f601.png

The only thing you really have to manage your time for is maxing out all social links in a single playthrough, but even that isn't too bad, even without a guide

• Like 1

-This is probably the most forgiving Persona game in regards to time management. The time management stuff is action based (like choosing to study or choosing to advance a side quest) not time based so you won't feel rushed. The loading screen icon even says "take your time" ?. There are deadlines for certain things but they are very long, and you can complete the tasks well before it ends. 

-For dungeons its less time management but more SP management. You can easily clear dungeons in a day if you know what you are doing, and then have more than 2 weeks of free time to max out the confidants.

I implore you to run this game blind your first time through. You might enjoy it more, and use the guide (if you think is needed) for the second.

Your first playthrough should be done on hard difficulty to knock out the annoying futaba trophy, which if you play on hard you will get it almost without trying. It´s an easy platinum?, probably not for a newbie, it´s fun? More than everything else.

advise: If you hear chains while looking for fights in dungeons, just run or you will regret it. ?

Edited by fabiansc83
  • Like 1

I’d say go for it, but if you want to save a lot of time I’d suggest following a guide from the start. Although the game is okay, doing 2 full playthroughs wasn’t worth the ‘blind playthrough’ imo. Actually I hated new game plus and was glad when I finished it.

• Like 2

Dude Persona 5 is AWESOME! I'm jealous you don't know yet how great this game is! You can play your first playthrough with a guide without a problem and enjoy more the experience Persona 5 can offert. On gamefaq the very first guide is the guide I used when started Persona 5 and it does not have spoiler so you can enjoy your journey while read what to do each day inside the game. Persona 5 is a great J-RPG and you can start with this and after if you like the experience and want more find a vita and play Persona 4 Golden.

• Like 2

@fabiansc83 Lol, I almost caught him!

But it’s not that I didn’t like P5, my first playthrough was pretty fun, new game plus just wasn’t for me. To keep in South Park terms, Captain Hindsight would say I should have gone for a 1 playthrough platinum, following a guide from the start. ?

Edited by BB-BakkerJ
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, Deluziion90 said:

Thanks all for the responses! Seeing you got more then enough time to do things makes it much less stressfull hehe ^^

@BB-BakkerJ

@SnowxSakura 

As you guys suggested to just follow a guide would it be something like this to follow?

*added spoiler just in case ^^

Hide contents

persona-5.png

You can use that, just some info, you get extra points for your social link levels if you're carrying a persona of the same tarot that they're associated with, which means you have to spend less time with them to level them up

@Deluziion90 Yes that will work. I wish I used that.

@LordBilbanes No you don’t. Once you get to level 9 in any of the girl confidants you have the chance to make her your girlfriend. You only have to do it once. But out of curiosity, who is it?

Edited by BB-BakkerJ

Just want to point out that if you're going for the plat you have to do almost half of NG+ anyhow Regardless of how well or poorly you crush NG.

Spoiler

5/9 for :gold:Beyond Rehabilitation, and even then When I got to it I still couldn't kill them before the turn limit for quite some time and ended up just pushing further to level up. Maybe I'm just bad tho :P

If I could do it again I'd Just do playthrough 1 blind but trying to max as many confidants as possible then take a break to play something different (I didn't and I was 1000% sick of the game by time I got to the last trophy in NG+) come back in a week or two or few days and use the NG+ to wrap up all the missed trophies.

Edited by GovtShutdowns
  • Like 1

40 minutes ago, GovtShutdowns said:

Just want to point out that if you're going for the plat you have to do almost half of NG+ anyhow Regardless of how well or poorly you crush NG.

Reveal hidden contents

5/9 for :gold:Beyond Rehabilitation, and even then When I got to it I still couldn't kill them before the turn limit for quite some time and ended up just pushing further to level up. Maybe I'm just bad tho :P

If I could do it again I'd Just do playthrough 1 blind but trying to max as many confidants as possible then take a break to play something different (I didn't and I was 1000% sick of the game by time I got to the last trophy in NG+) come back in a week or two or few days and use the NG+ to wrap up all the missed trophies.

You can beat the twins as soon as you have access to Mementos. That’s in the beginning of the game. 5/9 is month/day. You already have good enough gear, since you’re on New Game Plus. You’re only underleveled but you can grind The Reaper on safe mode getting to lvl 90+ in a few hours. Following a guide from the start could save you 30-40+ hours of New Game Plus. And as you mentioned, playing this game twice in a row isn’t fun.

17 hours ago, Deluziion90 said:

Thanks all for the responses! Seeing you got more then enough time to do things makes it much less stressfull hehe ^^

@BB-BakkerJ

@SnowxSakura 

As you guys suggested to just follow a guide would it be something like this to follow?

*added spoiler just in case ^^

Reveal hidden contents

persona-5.png

This: Guide is much better. 

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

I'm using the spreadsheet you linked and so far everything worked out (I'm currently in the palace in November). I really like it, because you see everything you need to know without too much unnecessary text. However, I don't think the sheet mentions the strength arcana (or it was just a side note and I missed it), so don't forget to get that one.

• 6 months later...
On 10/24/2018 at 4:14 AM, BB-BakkerJ said:

@Deluziion90 Yes that will work. I wish I used that.

@LordBilbanes No you don’t. Once you get to level 9 in any of the girl confidants you have the chance to make her your girlfriend. You only have to do it once. But out of curiosity, who is it?

The female teacher.  Having her as a pairing option actually triggers me.  Let's just say I have family who have been victims of sexual predators and leave it at that.  I find her being a romance option not only offensive, but reprehensible.  Had I been an executive at Atlus when the game was being localized the option of romancing her would've been removed.

Edited by LordBilbanes

• 2 months later...

IMO, this game has to somewhat include an Ironman mode and a difficulty beyond Nightmare itself, which is Grim Reaper, where you will be killed within two to three (sometimes one if enemies have crit on you) hits, you will be given very small experience gain, and you only deal 65% of the damage to enemies.

Death and Taxes (Gold) - Beat the game on Ironman mode + Grim Reaper difficulty.

Edited by BadRep24

• 2 months later...

Oddly, it's taken me ages to get into P5. I took it with me on a 5 week holiday and started NG+ from an old save, I honestly avoided the plat so I could play through it twice more. I have the Japanese ps3 version ordered. As expected back when it was new, i'd eventually like this persona more. I can't believe I beat the twins under leveled, super lucky :)

This is a classy Persona, I love smt games and am starting p4 golden again right now.