Gadget/Suit Power for NG+ Ultimate run?

TragicKingdom50

8 hours ago, TragicKingdom50 said:

What gadgets and suit powers do you recommend using for a NG+ Ultimate run through? I only ever played on normal so I never really needed to get clever with the gadgets/upgrades 

What I use:

Suit Power - Unrelenting Fury: Enemies cannot block or interrupt your attacks, even if they have shields. (This is especially useful against those big brutes as they can't block like bitches.)

Suit Mod 1 - Kinetic Power Cells: Increases the rate Focus generates.

Suit Mod 2 - First Aid: Increases the amount you are healed from Focus.

Suit Mod 3 - Full Charge Capacitors: Increases damage when your health is above 100. (By the time you start NG+, your health meter should be around 200 so you can take 50% damage and still kick ass.)

Gadgets (all fully maxed) - Web Bomb and Trip Mine are both useful. Web Bomb temporarily traps enemies and if they're close to a wall, one hit into a wall will incapacitate them for good. Web Bomb followed by Concussive Blast will also knock a bunch of helpless enemies into a wall. Trip Mine, unlike Web Bomb, is almost always immediately effective in roping enemies either into each other or into a wall.

Edited by Pirelli913
  • Like 1

the set that worked most for me (because i'm a lazy fighter) were

Power: Resupply

Suit Mods 

1. Full charge Capacitors
  2. Battle Tech
  3. Kinetic Power Cells

Gadget: Spider Drone (maxed)

basically what i did whenever i got into a Big fight was to 1. deploy all the spider drones, 2. activate resupply, 3. activate more bots 4.use focus generated to do some finishing moves, especially on tougher foes like the brutes or the whip guys.... while dodging as needed.

it's not a foolproof set up, but it's a lazy one. 

Edited by duckie192
added gadget used.

• 4 weeks later...

Suit power:

Web Blossom - Leap into the air and web everything in sight.

Mods:

Discharge Power Cells - Perfect Dodge temporarily increases damage
First Aid - Increases the amount you are healed from Focus.
Full Charge Capacitors - Increases damage when your health is above 100.

I went for a 'never attack until after a dodge' tactic. Speeds things up, against melee enemies you get damage bonus with Discharge Power Cells and against guns you get the free takedown anyway. I needed First Aid to start with but once I got used to the quicker dodging on ultimate difficulty, I only really used it on boss battles. Could have swap that out for something else but didnt bother.

Web blossom ended most of the big group fights before they even started (if you let them run towards you next to a wall before using it). In my opinion, by far the best suit power.