Just now, NekoRave said:

Insanely easy for SOTN

Rondo of Blood is a bit more for the Classic Castlevania players so its just a different type of game all together.

In SOTN you can get easily obtainable OP weapons and destroy bosses in seconds.

Ah, gotcha, was just curious.  I have played a little bit of the original Castlevania, as well as a bit of the one of the PS3.  But other than that, haven't had a chance with the series, so I might pick this up when it releases (considering I have the money, got other things I must pay for as well xD ).

2 minutes ago, NekoRave said:

SOTN is definitely an entry to get started in, but.... It might spoil you since other titles have aged and aren't the same as RPGvania 

That's exactly why i want a double plat one for each cuz i was plan on skip Rondo of Blood but after reading the list you have to play it to get the plat

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, SnowxSakura said:

She's only playable in the sega saturn version, and this is the ps1 port of the game.

No it's not, it has the reworked/redubbed script from the PSP port, i thought it was the PS1 game but some parts of the script are the same so i was confused lol.

Rondo of Blood is quite easy if you unlock and use Maria. Getting the duplicator in SOTN would be quite grindy if it's the PSP version with bugfixes.

Edited by Lance_87

33 minutes ago, Lance_87 said:

No it's not, it has the reworked/redubbed script from the PSP port, i thought it was the PS1 game but some parts of the script are the same so i was confused lol.

Rondo of Blood is quite easy if you unlock and use Maria. Getting the duplicator in SOTN would be quite grindy if it's the PSP version with bugfixes.

Ah okay, and not really, even the dracula x chronicles psp version had the item duplication glitch to get a ton of money, unless they specifically fix that, it should still be fast

I see no one mention missables for SotN, so it is safe to assume there are none? Since it works like a Metroid game I guess every section is always accessible.

For Rondo of Blood I'm gonna guess there are because it's level based like the classic ones.

I have been holding off on playing SotN for so long, but this is the perfect opportunity to finally play these two.

7 minutes ago, AndresLionheart said:

I see no one mention missables for SotN, so it is safe to assume there are none? Since it works like a Metroid game I guess every section is always accessible.

For Rondo of Blood I'm gonna guess there are because it's level based like the classic ones.

I have been holding off on playing SotN for so long, but this is the perfect opportunity to finally play these two.

Nothing is missable since you can always load your save and travel anywhere in the castle

For Rondo rescuing all the girls and 100% is missable as you can beat the game without saving any of them

Edited by SnowxSakura
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, NekoRave said:

Insanely easy for SOTN

Rondo of Blood is a bit more for the Classic Castlevania players so its just a different type of game all together.

In SOTN you can get easily obtainable OP weapons and destroy bosses in seconds.

How about Richter playthrough? I never bothered to play as Richter, but seems there is a trophy for him.

1 hour ago, SnowxSakura said:

Ah okay, and not really, even the dracula x chronicles psp version had the item duplication glitch to get a ton of money, unless they specifically fix that, it should still be fast

I don't remember seeing the item duplication glitch on the PSP version? The Sword Brothers glitch at Master Librarian was fixed. I had to get money from the Colosseum. However a good thing with the PSP version is that you could keep your starting equipment by simply entering Death's room and immediatly turning back, you don't have to get hit by the Wargs and fly through rooms lol. Death will simply vanish.

Edited by Lance_87

This is 100% based on the PSP ports that were unlockable in the Dracula X Chronicles.As such they feature the revised script, playable Maria and dual audio.

Based on the press release, it seems this is being handled by Sony and not Konami. Just like how Zone of the Enders 2 MARS only happened because of Cygames. Konami themselves don't seem to care very much at this point.

HAVE AT YOU! What a taunt eh ;)

I wasnt gonna get this, but slowly changing my mind, im weak

The Sword money glitch was patched and likely will be here.

Apparently this all can be done very quick and easily if u know what ur doing/following a good guide

So much so that you could potentially plat this in 5 hrs, otherwise, casually more like 20 or so hours

7 minutes ago, Lance_87 said:

I don't remember seeing the item duplication glitch on the PSP version? The Sword Brothers glitch at Master Librarian was fixed. I had to get money from the Colosseum. However a good thing with the PSP version is that you could keep your starting equipment by simply entering Death's room and immediatly turning back, you don't have to get hit by the Wargs and fly through rooms lol. Death will simply vanish.

You use the fairy and enter the room right when she's talking, which let's you access the menu in the room when normally you're not normally able to, which you can equip the gem, and sell 255 of one. It works in both the ps1 and dracula x version

Edited by SnowxSakura
  • Like 1