On 10/24/2018 at 7:00 AM, fjyingturk said:

Hopefully this collection sells well and Konami decides brings back some older games (Silent Hill anyone?) 

Either way, the trophies seems reasonable, for veterans and new players alike. 

These asshats at Konami MUST rerelease Silent Hill 4: The Room. I've been dying to replay that - shit, I haven't played it since it came out almost 15 years ago. Loved it then, but it'd be 100% new to me today. I still own the game on PC, PS2 and XBox (I don't and never have owned an XBox. Just bought it for the different cover.), but my PS3 Fat died long ago, and altho my PS2 still works, its disconnected and I've never felt like trying to do what I'd need to to play the game today. Besides, I want trophies when I replay it anew.

On top of that, SH1 with Trophy support? Absolutely. Shattered Memories. Origins. Jesus, come on, Konami - you won't release any new games. Keep your doors open by rereleasing stuff you've already done - it ain't that hard.

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, Coladar said:

These asshats at Konami MUST rerelease Silent Hill 4: The Room. I've been dying to replay that - shit, I haven't played it since it came out almost 15 years ago. Loved it then, but it'd be 100% new to me today. I still own the game on PC, PS2 and XBox (I don't and never have owned an XBox. Just bought it for the different cover.), but my PS3 Fat died long ago, and altho my PS2 still works, its disconnected and I've never felt like trying to do what I'd need to to play the game today. Besides, I want trophies when I replay it anew.

On top of that, SH1 with Trophy support? Absolutely. Shattered Memories. Origins. Jesus, come on, Konami - you won't release any new games. Keep your doors open by rereleasing stuff you've already done - it ain't that hard.

Right? They could rerelease MGS collection while they are at it, it's free money and people would also buy a MGS1 remaster with trophies.

• Like 1

The trophies don't look bad; the only difficult ones will possibly be 100%'ing Rondo of Blood. I wonder if you'll be able to save after every stage? Either way, as a huge Castlevania fan (my avatar is pieced together from elements of Castlevania 1, 3, and Super Mario Bros. 3), I'm looking forward to revisiting these classics with the sweetened deal of trophies.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Deluziion90 said:

I only played Castlevania stuff as a kid is this the 2D games? No clue how hard the platinum is though cause I've got no clue 

it's easy, mostly story related :)

18 hours ago, Nimera said:

I'll probably buy it in a couple of months. it's a shame they have forgotten the bloodlines which to me is the best castlevania. could also include lords of shadow 1 and 2

I started lords of shadow 1 and I couldn't bring myself to play it ? too much god of war for me. If I go back to ps3 I will play a certain game you know... :giggle:

On 24/10/2018 at 3:19 AM, JayBizzle311 said:

FUCKING YES!!! Thank you god no speed run trophies.

ahahahhahhaha yes I can relate to this :D 

On 24/10/2018 at 8:29 AM, NathanDarko said:

I CAN'T FUCKING WAIT ANYMORE !! ?

Hubby bought the game for me so soon I will be playing. I'm excited too! wooo-hoooooo!

On 24/10/2018 at 8:05 AM, Spaz said:

We should be happy we're getting Castlevania as it is for the PS4.

Still, I'm very upset with what Konami has done these past few years.

If Capcom is able to release their old games on a modern console, I don't see why Konami can't do the same.

YEAH FUCK KONAMI! ('im just hating ?)

6 hours ago, starcrunch061 said:

Man, we must be thinking of two very different Capcoms. 1f600.png

Nah, I just think of capcom that will release RE2 remake and previously RE1 remake and 0 on PS4.

4 hours ago, BG_painter said:

I started lords of shadow 1 and I couldn't bring myself to play it 1f623.png too much god of war for me. If I go back to ps3 I will play a certain game you know...

Don't tell the name or konami will probably do the same to you as did kojima in the game awards ! :D

6 hours ago, Coladar said:

For that to happen it was necessary that konami stopped to have zombies on their company 

Just looking at the list again, I think Symphony of the Night will require two playthroughs? Unless you can save before fighting Richter, because of two different trophies there, defeat him with the Holy Glasses, then defeat him with the Holy Glasses and unlock the Inverted Castle.

But I've bought the game, will probably start with Rondo of Blood and at least beat the game first and foremost :)

On 26/10/2018 at 10:59 PM, DrakeHellsing said:

Just looking at the list again, I think Symphony of the Night will require two playthroughs? Unless you can save before fighting Richter, because of two different trophies there, defeat him with the Holy Glasses, then defeat him with the Holy Glasses and unlock the Inverted Castle.

Let's be honest I don't quite remember how it worked but if it's like many other Castlevania games if you don't do the requirements to unlock the inverted castle you may have a game over screen and have to take back your last save, letting you the possibility to do the requirements.

But anyway yes it should be possible to save before, then beat it without saving then reload your save.

10 hours ago, GastNDorf said:

Let's be honest I don't quite remember how it worked but if it's like many other Castlevania games if you don't do the requirements to unlock the inverted castle you may have a game over screen and have to take back your last save, letting you the possibility to do the requirements.

But anyway yes it should be possible to save before, then beat it without saving then reload your save.

Ah hopefully, that way, I can get the game over version first, then the inverted castle one afterwards.

On 27.10.2018 at 1:59 AM, DrakeHellsing said:

Regarding 2 Richter's boss fight trophies - it is done in 1 playthrough; if you don't equip the Holy Glasses and defeat Richter, you'll get the bad end, but it's not a game over. Once credits finish rolling and you're back on the game screen, just load your save and equip the glasses and fight him again. Just remember that you should hit the green orb and not Richter, otherwise you'll get the bad end again ?

You'll need 2 playthroughs for the platinum though, one for Alucard (all SotN trophies except one) and one for Richter (Shafted trophy).

Edited by ruscsi_da

7 hours ago, ruscsi_da said:

Regarding 2 Richter's boss fight trophies - it is done in 1 playthrough; if you don't equip the Holy Glasses and defeat Richter, you'll get the bad end, but it's not a game over. Once credits finish rolling and you're back on the game screen, just load your save and equip the glasses and fight him again. Just remember that you should hit the green orb and not Richter, otherwise you'll get the bad end again 1f605.png

You'll need 2 playthroughs for the platinum though, one for Alucard (all SotN trophies except one) and one for Richter (Shafted trophy).

Yeah, saw that on the list with Richter playthrough, but I'll get to that when I get to that xD

53 minutes ago, DrakeHellsing said:

Yeah, saw that on the list with Richter playthrough, but I'll get to that when I get to that xD

Richter plathrough takes 30 minutes to an hour causally depending on what path you take. Theres only 2 or 3 bosses you have to fight since Richter is able to (down up jump) through the castle from the beginning

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Just went through this game for my 125th platinum, good times revisited for sure. Would love to see more Castlevania re-releases and I hope they get the same guy to do the trophy lists. Some of them were really good. Don't know how many people would've got this reference though.

Wish I Was A Baller

37L37aa30.png

Equip the Secret Boots to make Alucard a little bit taller.

I probably would've changed the "Shafted" trophy to "He's a Complicated Man..." and added a trophy for killing 6+ enemies with one attack from the Marsil. Maybe called it "There's a new Marsil in town." :awesome:

• Like 1

• 5 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Oh my god. The Rondo of Blood trophies were such a PAIN to get. God, I hate that game so much. It's not even like it's super HARD, it's just the gameplay mechanics are terrible and you have like minimal control over your character. I enjoyed the SotN part of this so much more than RoB, and I never want to touch that disaster of a game ever again...