Hitting the breaking point...

AJ_Radio

I have to say, I oftentimes look at the number of unearned trophies on my account and the low completion percentage for the games I've played and the number of games I have that are D or E ranked, and I get discouraged.  Then I look at the number of platinum trophies I have after almost ten years of doing this-and I get really discouraged.  Then I remember what someone very astutely pointed out in one of the previous comments:  no one really cares about any of that stuff but you.  The biggest response I ever have to someone else's accomplishments is something along the lines of "hmm, bet that was hard" or "wow, they couldn't resist those easy trophies either".

I'm currently working on completing a lot of the PS3 games I started years ago and never went back to.  I want to get those percentages up, and I know I have several games that would have been a platinum already if I had just stuck with, but I'm doing it all for myself.

And if I run across my own Super Meat Boy type game, I'll have no problem walking away from it.  Server closures (though I only have myself to blame) have already taken that out of my hands for several games.  At the end of the day, I guess that's the nice thing about having such a low completion percentage-there's always another game to jump to that needs my attention.

23 minutes ago, Bilpe said:

I have to say, I oftentimes look at the number of unearned trophies on my account and the low completion percentage for the games I've played and the number of games I have that are D or E ranked, and I get discouraged.  Then I look at the number of platinum trophies I have after almost ten years of doing this-and I get really discouraged.  Then I remember what someone very astutely pointed out in one of the previous comments:  no one really cares about any of that stuff but you.  The biggest response I ever have to someone else's accomplishments is something along the lines of "hmm, bet that was hard" or "wow, they couldn't resist those easy trophies either".

I'm currently working on completing a lot of the PS3 games I started years ago and never went back to.  I want to get those percentages up, and I know I have several games that would have been a platinum already if I had just stuck with, but I'm doing it all for myself.

And if I run across my own Super Meat Boy type game, I'll have no problem walking away from it.  Server closures (though I only have myself to blame) have already taken that out of my hands for several games.  At the end of the day, I guess that's the nice thing about having such a low completion percentage-there's always another game to jump to that needs my attention.

You make some good points.

My biggest regret is I didn't jump on trophy hunting a lot sooner. I find myself going back to the older stuff because I don't find myself all too attached to the new stuff.

Call me the minority or whatever, but 4K graphics don't appeal to me, at least not yet. To be frank, Dante's Inferno appeals to me more than a lot of new games because I absolutely love the older God of War formula. I think Enslaved: Odyssey to the West, Splatterhouse, some of the Marvel games like X-Men Origins: Wolverine and a few others follow the same formula that the original God of War laid down.

I'm satisfied if I get an A rank in all my games. At this point I'm not going to bother getting Uncharted 2 or Uncharted 3 to 100 percent because those require hundreds of hours of boosting and I'm just not asked to do it. Uncharted 4 is also unlikely to 100 percent because it's multiplayer now has micro transactions that you have to pay for, which I think give you a bit of an edge over other players.

I think you'll be happy to know that there aren't too many games that are more difficult than Super Meat Boy. There are a few, like Cloudberry Kingdom, I Am Bread, Crypt of the Necrodancer, Badland and others that only the most insanely dedicated of trophy hunters will ever attempt to go after. Super Meat Boy however I am attached to because I grew up on a number of Super Mario games and Sonic the Hedgehog games. Platformers were basically my childhood, including a few 3-D platformers I used to play.

I don't bother with a lot of games that are close to having their servers shut. Some time I'm going to have to tackle the online trophies for the Assassins Creed games and do some multiplayer in DOOM, but those shouldn't be much of a hassle.

Edited by Spaz