Trine 4 The Nightmare Prince

This better be a continuation of the cliffhanger 3 ended on(maybe this nightmare prince has the final fragment of the trine or something). Dispite trine 3 being quite polarizing it would be a dick move not to finish the story since trine 3 literally ended on what should have been the world 1 boss.

• 4 months later...

Couldn't be happier about this and I am really glad Frozenbyte didn't go bankrupt after the rocky last years. Definitely worth pre-ordering!

On 10/28/2018 at 10:11 PM, Johnathan994 said:

I only played the first, are the other 2 good? 

The second Trine is definitely the best game of the series. It is very close to the first one but with lots of improvements and a better story overall. The third one, well it's a nice little game but it has not much to do with the first two in terms of complexity and difficulty. Still a fun game to play. I wrote a little review when I got the platinum for Trine 2.

• Like 1

On 3/4/2019 at 9:43 AM, Evil_Joker88 said:

I'm happy to hear Trine 4 will be 2D again and i really hope that it'll continue the story of Trine 3... i agree to @jgm4789 Trine 3 ended way too early

This.

Trine 3 ended prematurely because the studio underestimated the cost of developing it in 3d and they went broke.  Looks like they found someone to fund trine 4 and with some luck, this will get them back on their feet.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, AJ_-_808 said:

This.

Trine 3 ended prematurely because the studio underestimated the cost of developing it in 3d and they went broke.  Looks like they found someone to fund trine 4 and with some luck, this will get them back on their feet.

It was a funding from the EU actually! Guess that politics does something good from time to time. :)

• Like 1

@SuchRemorse

There will be a physical edition called Ultimate Colleciton which includes all 4 games plus a soundtrack (download only), a reversible cover and a World Map. Additionally it will include a digital art book. The download content might be a bit disappointing for some but you get all the games on one disc at least. Oh and you get a cloth poster if you pre-order. All this will be out this fall!

Edit: I checked the official Trine 4 Website and you can pre-order there, although it will redirect you to a retailer. Check it out it's pretty! ;)

Edited by Durandal
  • Like 2

• 5 months later...