Sony Rewards revamping their website.

ThatMuttGuy

i'm confused by it, i was under the impression all trophy points would still be acquired, but they'd appear after the relaunch? kinda confused how its worded as i got the email earlier. that would suck, not getting any trophies credited from the 29th-1st, that's 4 days lol. 

• Like 1

you can always just not sync your trophies until then. They go by the date you do the sync, not the actual day you earned the trophy, not to mention it takes a minimum of 5 days to update in the first place. Worst case scenario it just takes an extra 2-3 days to process your latest plats/golds/silvers so unless they remove the trophy passes entirely theres no risk of trophies not counting.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RJP_X said:

i'm confused by it, i was under the impression all trophy points would still be acquired, but they'd appear after the relaunch? kinda confused how its worded as i got the email earlier. that would suck, not getting any trophies credited from the 29th-1st, that's 4 days lol. 

My personal impression for those that use the site regularly not just for psn reward points is when they refer site activities its talking about the rewards points you can get by loggin into the site and entering purchased bluray movie codes and anything else that has codes for you to enter. PSN trophy rewards though is part of the site, its doesnt require you to log in and enter anything. Hence why they say 10/23-11/1 the site will be down. Just my 2cents.

Just got the email and the way it reads is that you won't be able to see your trophy rewards. You will still earn the points for your trophies and then after November 1st you will be able to see the trophy points again. They never once said you won't earn points during that time so no reason not to sync your stuff

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, HailHale81 said:

Just got the email and the way it reads is that you won't be able to see your trophy rewards. You will still earn the points for your trophies and then after November 1st you will be able to see the trophy points again. They never once said you won't earn points during that time so no reason not to sync your stuff

This is how I read it as well... Continue gaming as normal and when the new site is up we should see our progress for when it was not available.

2 hours ago, jgm4789 said:

you can always just not sync your trophies until then. They go by the date you do the sync, not the actual day you earned the trophy, not to mention it takes a minimum of 5 days to update in the first place. Worst case scenario it just takes an extra 2-3 days to process your latest plats/golds/silvers so unless they remove the trophy passes entirely theres no risk of trophies not counting.

THAT IS A FRICKEN GENIUS IDEA! So from the 29th to 1st (4 days) -- I just won't sync to PSN, then when the new site launches I can sync with PSN and a few days later be credited the points. What a great idea bro, thaanks @jgm4789

2 hours ago, Hakoom said:

they should compensate the trophies from 2008~2018 too xD

They'd be giving thousands of dollars out for free though. We know how Sony is (or any big corporation for that matter..). That'll never happen and no one should think it should. (I know you are being sarcastic I'd assume though LOL)

But not thrilled about this...I have a feeling they'll think of a way to make earning points harder now which is such a shitty thing for them to do. God forbid they give back at all to us...

• Like 1

All i have to say is fuck sony for only making this north america, it's bad enough already they give na arguebly better and more often sales...

But the sony rewards is just bullshit!

And yes i'm a salty eu guy! Man atleast xbox as far as i can remember didnt do something like this to it's playerbase

• Like 4

3 hours ago, dokkanexpert said:

THAT IS A FRICKEN GENIUS IDEA! So from the 29th to 1st (4 days) -- I just won't sync to PSN, then when the new site launches I can sync with PSN and a few days later be credited the points. What a great idea bro, thaanks @jgm4789

If anything its when you earned them not when you synced them. Better of just not playing anything for 4 days if worry.

1 hour ago, WatertownsFinest said:

Can anyone tell me what will happen to my account tied to facebook if apparently you cant login thru FB anymore?

did you register any of your email address as one normally does you should be fine. can't say for sure what will happen might have to contact them once they come back online if something bad happens.

Edited by kingdrake2

4 hours ago, Dangisuckatgamin said:

They'd be giving thousands of dollars out for free though. We know how Sony is (or any big corporation for that matter..). That'll never happen and no one should think it should. (I know you are being sarcastic I'd assume though LOL)

But not thrilled about this...I have a feeling they'll think of a way to make earning points harder now which is such a shitty thing for them to do. God forbid they give back at all to us...

well i capped the reward system like 2 or 3 months ago and i couldnt even earn more :(
so that also needs fixing... no limit to trophy rewards atleast lol

14 hours ago, ThatMuttGuy said:

https://imgur.com/a/6xO3fdn

Pretty much (to me) it looks like trophies earned from October 23-November 1 won't count for your Sony Rewards. A new website will come up on November 1 and we'll know more then. 

And you won't be able to log in via Facebook on the new site. 

Thanks for the info. I'm glad they're revamping it, although I won't be changing trophy earning habits.

7 hours ago, FielVeredus said:

From my experience this never be on good side. It is going to decrease the reward payout as part of new flashy website or "way to earn point faster than ever" as its advertise which you know mostly it isn't.

Possibly.

Edited by starcrunch061

7 hours ago, Hakoom said:

well i capped the reward system like 2 or 3 months ago and i couldnt even earn more :(
so that also needs fixing... no limit to trophy rewards atleast lol

Damn lol. I didn't know capping the reward system was possible. Doubt I will ever get to that point though.