Sony Rewards revamping their website.

ThatMuttGuy

Unless any of us get new pass points im pretty sure once you cleared the passes, that is it for that pass. It does not renew.  I see they gave me my points today for my silver trophy pass, but I should had made enough well over 10plats that I should get points for but is not showing. So it either doesnt renew/restart or I just have to wait. I know someone said in here that the passes refresh once we complete it but I kinda doubt it. Unless someone can prove it Im placing my money that it wont. And its just basically we have till Nov(or whenever the end date is I forgot) to complete whatever pass we have left.

edit: Ok so I look thru my point activity on the site and seems they are tracking my new plats earned but just not gave me the points yet. So unless once I get the points from the plats later this month, its either not renew or does but slow as fk.

Edited by ERGOPROXY-DECAY

After reading this entire thread, and seeing that I definitely qualify for points, I checked my rewards account, and I still haven't received any. I am about 60 points away from my next gc. So I kinda don't want to cash out. Especially since I know I am owed points. But seeing that so many people here have received their points already, and some as early as 3 months ago, it just kinda makes me wonder if I'll get mine. I'll just have to keep an eye out I guess.

4 hours ago, shadowhood1111 said:

I just wanted to let you all know I earned about 20 ish plats in March so I was waiting for my trophy passes to update so I could redeem them for points. I have now just received 2000 points for those plats. If anybody is still waiting on points from March you may have them now.

Thanks for the heads-up; I'm finally beginning to receive points for trophy passes on my accounts now. They still owe me around 2850, but it's progress!

And, yes, they do renew.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, ERGOPROXY-DECAY said:

edit: Ok so I look thru my point activity on the site and seems they are tracking my new plats earned but just not gave me the points yet. So unless once I get the points from the plats later this month, its either not renew or does but slow as fk.

I've been checking pretty regularly. They are keeping up, but I think it's just because they're so lazy in "revamping" the pass experience. I certainly haven't gotten any points since they cleared my old plats from February.

Edited by starcrunch061

i have no clue what happened but i havent been able to login since the change 5 months ago (i bitch prob around page 2 of this thread). but a few days ago i got a email that said congrads you got a silver trophy. i was like what? so i tried to log in and it said the same thing contact customer care. today i checked my email and to my surpirse it said this

mail?url=http%3A%2F%2Fimage.member.sonyr
Thank you for being a valuable Sony Rewards member and for visiting our newly designed website. When you first visited our site, we attempted to merge your Sony Rewards account with your accounts on other Sony sites such as the PlayStation™ Network. We have identified your account as one that is in a state where the merge was not successful, and we apologize for the inconvenience.
mail?url=http%3A%2F%2Fimage.member.sonyr

We have fixed your account and would appreciate it if you follow the instructions below in order to successfully link your Sony Rewards’ account to your other Sony accounts. In almost all cases, this will be your account tied to the PlayStation™Network.

then it gave me some easy directions. i follwed them and was shocked i logged in!. i knew i had about 1k points in december during deactivation. so i looked at my points and i now i have 3k. i looked at my point activity and it seems to of been tracking my progress the entire time. it says 0 points for most thing. but overall it looks like ive earned about 2k points while my account was disabled

so anyways, i got my points after waiting and giving up. my guess is they will slowly be fixing everyones now. im not sure if the trophies are continuing or not. im at gold trophy badge 7 right now. so im wondering if when i hit gold badge 10 if its done for good, or just done for the year. i have no clue

• Like 1

So I Tweeted Sony Rewards a couple weeks ago asking about when their next points update will be...since like so many other people, I haven't had an update since February. But they DM'ed me back acting like this wasn't right and told me to call them up.

So I did. And the guy said there was some issue. He could see that I accrued a lot of point and that they should have gone through already, so he sent some repair ticket to IT to be fixed and told me I should hear something back by the 10th (tomorrow). I haven't heard anything back yet...but today, again like so many others, I got an E-Mail saying I earned a Platinum Pass and a Gold Pass. 

The weird thing is, the Gold Pass only gave me 225 points, not the full 250. And I don't know if this is based on the fix I was supposed to be expecting...or if it's some kind of random dump of point that everyone seems to be getting for some odd reason. If it is the fix I was expected, they owe me for another Gold Pass as I earned 2 since I last got updates and at least 1 Silver (though I haven't counted those), and of course the odd 25 points I was missing from this Gold Pass, and like 30 something points from recent PS Store purchases. 

It's just odd because people seem to be confused right now as these points don't seem to line up with anything right now...though free points is always nice. But I have a feeling tomorrow is going to come and go and I'm not going to get that E-Mail he said I was going to get and I'll be forced to call them back on Monday. But if you're having issues, you might want to call them up and see what they have to say...playing the waiting game isn't going to work in your favor.

I just can't get over how absolutely horribly they shit the bed with this "update". It's been 7 freakin months! You don't announce an update and take that long with it...never in my life have I seen something like this before. Either there is very little work being done in the background...or Sony Rewards is going to be scrapped altogether once they decide it's just not worth it anymore.  

• Like 2

It was nice while it worked and lasted. Now its just a mess. And stress that we, I don't need, or want to have to try to figure it out. Their Sony Rewards system was never big, feels like its manage by less than a handful of idiots who's working slowly just to be on some payroll. 

They updated the app today and there are new passes.  No idea if they actually work.

I use the credit card (which used to be great).  In Feb I called customer support because it had been so long.  The person on the phone was going to manually add the points which seemed crazy.  However they are running this it is incredibly slapdash.  I eventually got my points after calling.

Points from store purchases have been completely random.  Just showing up randomly one day.  No way to check for accuracy because the labels are all over the place.

Passes have continued to work for me.  I'm on Platinum Pass 12 and have gotten points from 10 platinums at least twice this year.  There used to be a yearly limit on these passes and maybe they are discontinued after that?

Just downloaded the app so we'll see how that goes.  I wouldn't trust calling customer support on any of this.  I wonder if when it's all over if they'll giveaway something to make up for the trouble.

yeah it appears they have their site going now? don't think i ever received emails about points i've earned. its under 2000 points atm which i feel like it should be above 2000 somewhere. maybe more points will pour in soon.

they have new passes, however it says it needs a mobile number to do them because they want you to download their app. since i lack a cell/mobile phone, is it possible to just use the app on my tablet without providing a number? i wonder if it'll ask for a number if i download it on the tablet.

12 hours ago, ike343 said:

They updated the app today and there are new passes.  No idea if they actually work.

They do; I earned 75 points total by:

-Watching a video.
-Linking Facebook.
-Linking Twitter.

Man, the trophy passes on my main account are all messed up... I've been credited for one gold pass so far, but they seem to be lagging WAY behind. Also, our household's accounts still have to order everything over the phone, due to the "we cannot compete your order" error.

Terrible.

Apparently i just earned another 1,000 points..got a verification via email

and i thought they did away with the trophy tier system

another $10 psn code for me, yay me!

Edit: i downloaded and checked the app

i completed gold pass 12

i have no more gold passes available

im on silver 5 and platinum 7

so after 12 youre done huh?

Edited by Property_Damage

On 9/5/2019 at 2:56 PM, RJP_X said:

they have new passes, however it says it needs a mobile number to do them because they want you to download their app. since i lack a cell/mobile phone, is it possible to just use the app on my tablet without providing a number? i wonder if it'll ask for a number if i download it on the tablet.

i don't think so.

1 hour ago, Hakoom said:

is the site working?

http://rewards.sony.com/

i keep getting 

Oops...Something went wrong

its working for me i just tried it and logged in. i also bought a game yesterday and it gave me my game buying points already.

(edit, the points it gave me today arent form my yesterday purchasse. they are from 4-21 and 4-27 so that should maybe give a estimate how far behind points are?)

site is still a mess though

Edited by melodicmizery

i thought they discontinued Trophy passes? you could only complete the one you had in progress i thought Anyways Ive completed 2 Platinum passes this week /shrug Ill take it

Sony rewards is only available in The US i believe (as its just a shill program for their capitol one card)

Edited by Brink-2-Chaos