RDR2 | Review Thread

Ghost

I'm puzzled how the unfinished "main" game can be reviewed the way it is.

Multiplayer along with whatever form of microtransactions Rockstar decide to stick in this hasn't even been released and will undoubtedly be bigger than the single player campaign as this is where they make all their money, so how can it be reviewed accurately without it?

I've looked at a review of this game that comments on how the controls can feel awkward at times, especially snapping to cover, hmm, sounds exactly like GTA V to me. The controls are awful in GTA V when it comes to doing elements of the game that requires precision. Of course that's swept under the carpet as though it shouldn't have been discussed. Sorry 10/10.

Anyway it's good to see that the first 30-40% of the final game is getting praised the way it is and objective criticism is being stamped out immediately by horrified gamers. It looks lovely and there's a lot to do. I'm more interested in getting "real" reactions to the game when the dust has settled months down the line.

6 hours ago, FawltyPowers said:

I've looked at a review of this game that comments on how the controls can feel awkward at times, especially snapping to cover, hmm, sounds exactly like GTA V to me. The controls are awful in GTA V when it comes to doing elements of the game that requires precision. Of course that's swept under the carpet as though it shouldn't have been discussed. Sorry 10/10.

Yeah, the controls do feel clunky and I feel like reviewers are just glossing over that. It seems the majority of people already made up their minds about this game before it even released, calling it game of the year/generation or what have you.