250 Hours to Platinum?!!!

linkdevivo

wow.

So @PowerPyx has his trophy guide up on review embargo as always (great job, guys) and it says 200+ hours ONLY FOR SINGLE PLAYER. So the multiplayer (which has about 17 trophies), which needs you to get to level 5, and, if GTA is any indication, will be 30 to 40 hours in length at least. Just wow dude, the game is getting 10s everywhere so at least you won't be bored doing it haha. Let's go get that son of a bitch.

Edited by linkdevivo

Oh boy... This is the approximate amount hours it took me to get my GTA V platinum trophy! :awesome: I also done 100% the original Heist trophies at the same time!

Oh well, knowing how long it was to platinum GTA V, I won’t be surprised when jumping into Red Dead Redemption 2!

9 minutes ago, linkdevivo said:

wow.

So @PowerPyx has his trophy guide up on review embargo as always (great job, guys) and it says 200+ hours ONLY FOR SINGLE PLAYER. So the multiplayer (which has about 17 trophies), which needs you to get to level 5, and, if GTA is any indication, will be 30 to 40 hours in length at least. Just wow dude, the game is getting 10s everywhere so at least you won't be bored doing it haha. Let's go get that son of a bitch.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Max654 said:

Oh boy... This is the approximate amount hours it took me to get my GTA V platinum trophy! :awesome: I also done 100% the original Heist trophies at the same time!

Oh well, knowing how long it was to platinum GTA V, I won’t be surprised when jumping into Red Dead Redemption 2!

Good job on that plat dude!

I can not image this platinum feels like 250 hours. Rockstar delivers as always and I bet all of us will have a blast playing it and before you know it, the platinum is yours! Currently a score at 97 on metacritic and rated "Metacritic must play". Can't wait to start the game of the year! ?

Edited by JrsAlster
  • Like 2

12 minutes ago, Max654 said:

Weird. GTA V took about 80-90 hours to plat for me.

Is there one massive timesink in particular towards the 100%? or is it just a slow accumulation of all the smaller things that add up to the 100% completion? i skimmed the trophy guide and i couldn't find anything that really stood out, the 100% was pretty short in RDR1, don't see what makes it so much longer here.

6 minutes ago, Orphioon said:

Is there one massive timesink in particular towards the 100%? or is it just a slow accumulation of all the smaller things that add up to the 100% completion? i skimmed the trophy guide and i couldn't find anything that really stood out, the 100% was pretty short in RDR1, don't see what makes it so much longer here.

Its not, by that guide and what Devs say, campaign is 60, so PP reckons its a 140hr clean up

The replaying campaign missions for gold medals will be a timesink. U want to look up gold medal requirements before every mission and strive for golds 1st time, that will save 20-30hrs

Then there is the collectibles, these are time consuming before there is a lot and they are all over the place. The more collectibles a game has, the less efficient the guides will be on how to acquire them

To the point that getting them efficiently could save 10s of hours, so thats more time added because we will all be running around flapping like headless chickens 

And the campaign will only be 60hrs for casuals, I bet speedrunners will be coming in 10-20hrs

This games platinum will be all about execution, so much so that I bet ur looking at 75-200hrs depending on that

Take Witcher 3 and MGSV for example, those games have reported 150hr platinums, yet each could be done in little bit less than 50hrs.

Thats with a optimised execution though and with MGSV, its luck based right at the end of the plat, to the point that bad luck could make it take 20hrs longer (yes dispatch missions, dont walk away)

• Like 1

This is absolutely brilliant news. I was actually disappointed to hear the main game could be finished in 60 hours. But 200+ is fucking awesome .I would hate to have to platinum a game in 60 hours which I've waited 8 years for. For me personally the 200+ hours for the platinum is good news. Going to play the game for what it is and not worry about the platinum to be honest. But I should get it naturally as I'm going to look under every rock and examine every tree and squeeze every drop out of the lemon with this game. 

Unfortunately there is always that one ahole who complains "I won't buy this game because what were the devs thinking about making the game so grindy to plat etc etc etc" blah blah blah.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, SnowNinjaRaccoon said:

Does it really matter how long a game takes to plat if it's fun? I don't think so. As mentioned before Monster Hunter World took me 330 Hours + as well. I didn't care, it was fun and I still play the game to this day.

No, not really, its just a trophy site and gives us something to chat about I guess ;)

• Like 3

1 hour ago, optimusmart said:

Its not, by that guide and what Devs say, campaign is 60, so PP reckons its a 140hr clean up

The replaying campaign missions for gold medals will be a timesink. U want to look up gold medal requirements before every mission and strive for golds 1st time, that will save 20-30hrs

Then there is the collectibles, these are time consuming before there is a lot and they are all over the place. The more collectibles a game has, the less efficient the guides will be on how to acquire them

To the point that getting them efficiently could save 10s of hours, so thats more time added because we will all be running around flapping like headless chickens 

And the campaign will only be 60hrs for casuals, I bet speedrunners will be coming in 10-20hrs

This games platinum will be all about execution, so much so that I bet ur looking at 75-200hrs depending on that

Take Witcher 3 and MGSV for example, those games have reported 150hr platinums, yet each could be done in little bit less than 50hrs.

Thats with a optimised execution though and with MGSV, its luck based right at the end of the plat, to the point that bad luck could make it take 20hrs longer (yes dispatch missions, dont walk away)

This is every game ever... Like literally every game. Obviously if you rush through it knowing whats up its quicker. 

• Like 1