How do I evict a person?

XjaegerbombX

7 minutes ago, HuntingFever said:

Pick them up then drag them to the Vault Door, then let go and press the red and yellow evict button in the menu that apppears.

yeah I've tried that, but they just go take guard in the vault door area, there is no option available for me to evict them :(

thanks tho.

5 minutes ago, dokkanexpert said:

yeah I've tried that, but they just go take guard in the vault door area, there is no option available for me to evict them :(

thanks tho.

It's when you drag them outside the vault. When you "drop" them, you get the menu to send them on a mission. I believe there is a little red button on the bottom right that allows you to kick them out.

Be warned, they will say things that make you sad :{

• Like 4

Just now, Squirlruler said:

It's when you drag them outside the vault. When you "drop" them, you get the menu to send them on a mission. I believe there is a little red button on the bottom right that allows you to kick them out.

Be warned, they will say things that make you sad :{

This^

When you drag them to either the door itself or the outside world, a menu will pop up and in the bottom right-hand corner is a vault door shaped button with a diagonal yellow stripe going through it - this is the Evict button so press it and the person will leave.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, HuntingFever said:

This^

When you drag them to either the door itself or the outside world, a menu will pop up and in the bottom right-hand corner is a vault door shaped button with a diagonal yellow stripe going through it - this is the Evict button so press it and the person will leave.

OHHH I SEE IT NOW! It's to the right of "explore" -- HAAA! Thank you all who replied: +1 REP to all.

• 1 month later...
17 minutes ago, cheesebacca said:

Why would you need to evict anyone?

There is a strategy to get enough raider attacks. At certain thresholds of vault dwellers, you get new encounters (ferals, deathclaws etc). So if you don't have all your raider attacks by the end of your game, you kick out enough dwellers to get under the threshold, (around 30 IIRC), so raiders are much more frequent.

20 minutes ago, cheesebacca said:

Why would you need to evict anyone?

If your Vault is full and someone with high stats shows up, you will have to kick someone out to make room for the new Guy. Another reason, is if you want to keep your population below 20-30 so you can get the 50 Raider attacks trophy done quicker.

Edited by HuntingFever
Update.

Once I reach 100 dwellers and I get most of the trophies I'm going to reduce the population down to 30 so I can get the trophy for successfully defeating 50 Raider encounters.

I don't want to start a new vault from scratch since I already put in 35 - 40 hours on my current vault. It probably helps to kick out the low level dwellers and leave your highest level dwellers guarding the vault at the entrance.

Then just let the game run overnight on your PS4 and you should probably get the trophy, and therefore the platinum if you failed to get it early.

• 2 weeks later...