1000 versus matches in one session?

DJY8898

I got NERD naturally but I am 100% certain that I have played over 1000 matches (I even wrote it down), but the trophy didn't pop. I've been playing Classic with a second controller and set the game to one round but nothing happened. Do I have to do it in one session like the Score Attack trophies?

Edited by DJY8898
  • Like 1

On 10/26/2018 at 10:11 PM, Angus1343 said:

No, it just takes a long time.

You're right. I just got the trophy and obtained the Platinum. I did 897 Zone matches in one sitting. It seems my progress towards Ice Breaker helped a bit.

Edited by DJY8898

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 15/07/2020 at 1:26 PM, lilpain97 said:

I give up tbf. 3000 hearts and all others seem 1 session for me. Im on PS4 EU version and did 1000 hearts in go but got bored so left it, I have came back every now and then and nothing.

So the 1k matches trophy is even glitched on the PS4 version? I could of sworn I have played that many but I don’t know.....

3 hours ago, BrettyBoy said:

So the 1k matches trophy is even glitched on the PS4 version? I could of sworn I have played that many but I don’t know.....

Im not 100% sure but 3k hearts and 100 matches is for me. I have done over 3k hearts and have to have done 100 matches by now. I gave up as im not wasting 8 to 10+ hours in 1 day on a trash game. Hopefully it ain't glitched for you

• Like 1

16 hours ago, lilpain97 said:

Im not 100% sure but 3k hearts and 100 matches is for me. I have done over 3k hearts and have to have done 100 matches by now. I gave up as im not wasting 8 to 10+ hours in 1 day on a trash game. Hopefully it ain't glitched for you

Just did it in one session with a turbo controller and it took 5.5 hours

Sorry, was talking of the 1000 versus matches

Edited by DeepEyes7

• 10 months later...

After getting the platinum on PS4, and doing a lot of grind in vain, i think i can give some useful hints to those who are after the 100%. First of all the save system in the game - i mean that part of the code - is crap; that's another sad example of sloppy programming. Although it saves in challenge mode after every hit to the target, so there is no risk there, the versus mode save is unpredictable, meaning you can never know when it saves or not, at least not from within the game itself. But if you go into the PS menu (after pressing the PS button), and in the game's option menu you check the date-time of the saved data (where you can upload/download it), you can see when the last save happened - and to do this you don't need to close the game. You can force the game to save your progress in piercing hearts and doing rounds, if you go into the game's settings menu and there you alter something - i kept modifying the audio setting. The moment you back out from the modified settings, a save happens, and it saves your aforementioned grind progress too. This way you can safely do these grinds little by little, you don't need to invest into a turbo controller, just make sure you always modify something in the settings before closing the game. And i recommend taking notes of your grind on a paper, so you know where you're at in your progress - for the 1000 rounds trophy you need to count and occasionaly write it down if you want to keep track. 
If you're curious how much time it takes to get those grindy trophies:
When i went for Stabby stabby stab i used 4 controllers. After the start i flipped the other 3 fish over then stabbed them away. That's 60 hearts, it took circa 2 minutes each round. So to reach 3000 you need 10*5*2 => 100 minutes.
The 4096 score attack is similar to the 3000 stabs in duration but i didn't keep track of that, i did that in 1 sitting. 
For the Neeeeeerrrd! trophy i did 1on1 1 round matches, immediately turned the opponent, stabbed it then rematch. I did 10 rounds in about 2 minutes, so 100 rounds take about 20 minutes.
Of course you can combine the score attack and stabby trophy with the 1000 rounds trophy, so if you leave the latter for last you won't need to do 1000 rounds.

• Like 3

• 2 years later...