MediEvil (PS4) will be a remake, not a remaster

Mori

When people can’t tell the difference between a Remake and a Remaster, they will always come with this kind of articles and interviews -_-

It’s a PS1 game, they won’t remaster polygons for PS4. At least they wouldn’t spend almost a year without saying anything about the game if it was a “remaster” like Final Fantasy VII and Final Fantasy IX.

They could (but thankfully they won’t) remaster the Medievil Remake from PSP (like Parappa the Rapper) but that would take one-two months to do so...

48 minutes ago, TurtlePM said:

When people can’t tell the difference between a Remake and a Remaster, they will always come with this kind of articles and interviews -_-

They also come in with these articles when the original trailer for the game refers to it as "fully remastered in 4K". So take it up with the developers themselves.

Nice. I'll eventually buy it. Have it on the old psone, dont think I even played it much. Might even grown out of that childhood age to enjoy it enough.

3 hours ago, TurtlePM said:

It’s a PS1 game, they won’t remaster polygons for PS4. At least they wouldn’t spend almost a year without saying anything about the game if it was a “remaster” like Final Fantasy VII and Final Fantasy IX.

They could (but thankfully they won’t) remaster the Medievil Remake from PSP (like Parappa the Rapper) but that would take one-two months to do so...

FF7 and FF9 were ports of the PC version, which already had improved graphics by themselves compared to PS1.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, starcrunch061 said:

They also come in with these articles when the original trailer for the game refers to it as "fully remastered in 4K". So take it up with the developers themselves.

The original trailer for the game refers “more details soon” and it’s been a year -_-

But yeah, you’re right ;) I already knew it was a remake, it wouldn’t make sence if it wasn’t. Devs (or marketing people) are guilty in this trailer case. 

I only got to play the demo back in the day, but hearing that it's going to be a remake is great news. It made me think of Shadow of the Colossus which was amazing.

On 26/10/2018 at 4:34 PM, Dragon-Archon said:

Never got to play MediEvil on the PS1, except for a demo, so bring it.

Haha, same here. I played that demo tons of times when I was little. It was spooky! :D

I can't wait to actually explore it.. while experiencing nostalgic feels.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, SGRevan said:

Haha, same here. I played that demo tons of times when I was little. It was spooky! :D

I can't wait to actually explore it.. while experiencing nostalgic feels.

What I played from the demo was great indeed. Makes me wonder if games like Tomba, Rayman, and Croc will be remade too.

3 hours ago, Dragon-Archon said:

What I played from the demo was great indeed. Makes me wonder if games like Tomba, Rayman, and Croc will be remade too.

Indeed. And omg, Tomba. :D I can still hear the song of that demo in the back of my mind.... (and pink piggy's, tornado..)

• Like 1