Gold Medal

unknownds

Just grinded out Pursued by a Memory gold medal. If you miss shots then restart the checkpoint it will count against you. The way i completed gold was to play the mission beginning to end without restarting. Seems you’re allowed one missed shot, because i accidentally fired twice on a wolf once. So i was basically 6/7 accuracy, or 85% roughly. Maybe there were 8 wolves not sure, but either way i wasted one shot the entire mission.

6 minutes ago, Erkawest said:

How does the "dont use any health items" requirement work? I never seem to get that one, weird because I never heal myself

It’s possible that it’s not just talking about health items but stamina and dead eye regain items as well. Don’t use anything from your satchel or items wheel and you shouldn’t have a problem.

10 minutes ago, FilmFanatic said:

It’s possible that it’s not just talking about health items but stamina and dead eye regain items as well. Don’t use anything from your satchel or items wheel and you shouldn’t have a problem.

Didnt use anything, maybe it's tied to looting as well

22 minutes ago, FilmFanatic said:

I uses a dead eye regain and got the no health items used challenge
I looted every corpse and it didn't void it. 

Restarting voids accuracy objectives.  It works for no damage though.  But accuracy objectives seem to have some sort of bug anyways.  I hit 100% of my shots(saw blood spurts for each one) and took no damage on the first mission all in the first go at it and it didn't check off the accuracy checkmark.

Edited by Snake2410
  • Like 1

This mission has RUINED my experience with the game. I haven't even played the game outside of Chapter 1 yet, but I have now spent all my free time since launch replaying this one annoying mission because I thought it would be an easy gold medal.

If only I read the comment above saying that the accuracy objective glitches out on restarts, I could have saved myself 10+ unneeded replays of this mission where I KNEW I never missed a shot, yet NEVER cleared the objective.

DO NOT use the sawed-off shotgun (2-shots), the first encounter with wolves is literally impossible with just 2 shots and the short range.

You kill the first wolf, they start to rush at you, then fire at the second or third, forced to reload, then they bite you from seemingly anywhere you stand.

I tried hiding on the rocks to the right like 15 times, and they either flank around to get you, or they jump up the rocks from below. I gave up with making any sort of strategy to avoid damage.

The PISTOL is much easier for this mission. To use it, you actually have to take the shotgun off the horse, then use the horse again and equip the pistol. It may take 2-3 shots to down a wolf, but your no-damage objective won't be an issue on the first encounter now.

Also, you're using more bullets than the shotgun, so the 80% accuracy allows for more error with missed shots.

I wouldn't be annoyed by anything if you could just skip the ridiculously long travel sections leading up to the action parts.

So much of it is forced-on-rails and the game won't let you play faster or get ahead of the NPC.

It's complete punishment to play through 15 minutes of BS just to have another chance at the action bit, this is what worries me about doing all other gold medals too.

I go through all this trouble and even after knowing that you cannot restart a checkpoint, I am STILL not getting gold.

My horse is apparently taking damage from the wolves as they brush past you. YOUR HORSE isn't even their target in this section, they go after the other two characters. Yet I still failed twice because of this.

I've got gold now, and I wished I'd have just skipped it, before committing to it.

I think in the future, I'm going to check the duration of video guides to see if they're overly tedious or not, and avoid anything over 10-15 minutes long.

Edited by QQQ_AX
  • Like 4

On 10/27/2018 at 9:52 AM, FielVeredus said:

There is checkpoint? How do i restart it?

Not selectable in-game, but the option comes up when you let yourself get killed, or go too far outside the mission area.

This is also the only way I've found to be able to quit from the mission.

I would like to know if using 'skip checkpoint' invalidates gold medals.

It appears after you've restarted a checkpoint a few times, and allows you to skip to the next part of the mission. 

I wonder if we can use it to cheat past certain mission sections to get gold easily?

Just so long as the objectives don't require doing anything in the section you skip.

Edited by QQQ_AX

Anyone here knows, if the mission replay deletes all items? Or is this still a bug? Always have only 2 health regeneraters, but not the equipment i had, when i solved mission the first time. 

Checkpoint restarting worked for headshots or special tasks (kill person XY) but not for time Challenges. 

In the very first mission, i havent miss any shot and didnt get the 80% accuracy. 

Edited by Diddi89

Some good advice here. Don't try to get gold medals on the first try, you'll ruin the game for yourself. Just come back once the story is done and clean em up. I spent about 5 hours on the Intro alone trying to get all gold medals and it ruined my enjoyment a bit. I also think once your character is upgraded he will have maximum deadeye when replaying earlier chapters so that would help way more for the accuracy and headshot requirements.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, QQQ_AX said:

Not selectable in-game, but the option comes up when you let yourself get killed, or go too far outside the mission area.

This is also the only way I've found to be able to quit from the mission.

I would like to know if using 'skip checkpoint' invalidates gold medals.

It appears after you've restarted a checkpoint a few times, and allows you to skip to the next part of the mission. 

I wonder if we can use it to cheat past certain mission sections to get gold easily?

Just so long as the objectives don't require doing anything in the section you skip.

You can press left on the dpad and abandon mission, which will actually bring up the menu that lets you press retry checkpoint.

Edited by Snake2410
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, NaseemJohn said:

Some good advice here. Don't try to get gold medals on the first try, you'll ruin the game for yourself. Just come back once the story is done and clean em up. I spent about 5 hours on the Intro alone trying to get all gold medals and it ruined my enjoyment a bit. I also think once your character is upgraded he will have maximum deadeye when replaying earlier chapters so that would help way more for the accuracy and headshot requirements.

I agree that enjoy it first then comeback. I got alot of silver and bronze medals but only a couple gold ones but right now 8m just having a great time with it.

20 minutes ago, NaseemJohn said:

If its anything like rdr1 i believe when you replay a mission the it takes you back as you were during that time. Not sure 8f its same on this one

• Like 1