unknownds

Gold Medal

100 posts in this topic

I'm just playing the game normally and doing my best to get gold medals. So far, I'm on mission 56 with only 2-3 gold medals. But the plan is to go back and get them all after the story

 

Just now, Diddi89 said:

Use Healt item requirement count too if u died in Mission. And its counting only health item. Dead eye and endurance could used.

Yes this seems to be correct, if you die = you lose heal item requirement, because your health becomes full after death. I've noticed this as well, but dead eye and endurance items are fine to use

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Cheers guys, There is one thing you should consider about your "first i finish the game and than i restart the missions and play them on gold" strategy most of you might not have on your radar. I wanted to do it the same way but there is a really stupid thing here that make the mission select screen a tedious farce:

 

when you play your mission the first time you have access to ALL your stuff. Means: you have access to your fastest horse, to all your items weapons and so on. 

When you restart the older missions you don't -.- this fact make some missions extremely hard. 

 

it's not that important to have complete access to weapons but what is VERY important ( and what i had to learn the hard way ) is the fact that a lot of the easier missions are tied to the " bring X within XX minutes to location X ) and the times are pure MADNESS! 

 

I now have the best horse in the game, it's incredibly fast and has a lot of stamina. but once i wanted to restart the easier missions of chapter 2 i had the old fuckin' horse that ran out of stamina in the blink of an eye -.- 

 

 

if i would have known this earlier i would have done all these missions at first try. 

 

here's what you can do to avoid this bullshit: look up on the internet for the objectives needed to gain gold, than make a manual save and try to get gold on your first run. So you can use all your gear. believe me, this will make some missions very easy. 

 

I'm at chapter 3 now and i can't manage to get 6 easy missions in chapter 2 on gold because of this fucking horse. I'm fast as fuck, riding the closest and fastest distance but i totally run out of time in most missions. Stamina is a really important thing.

 

there are many missions i do know that i will never go on gold ( all those shootouts with 5 or more objectives for example, this would take too much time ) so it's important to focus on the more easier ones.

 

just wanted to share this with you and maybe some of you won't have the misery i have now. hopefully there are some more easy missions in the later chapters. 

 

 

 

Edited by NathanDarko
2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am hoping they patch it the way it was in GTA5 that you don't have to do every requirement in every attempt. I can't play super quickly and be 80% accurate unless I grinded it for 20-30 times and I am just not interested in that. It was still tedious in GTA but at least you could focus on one thing before the other.

 

Can't really see myself going for this trophy at the moment. Not that skin all animals is any better with the long animations.

4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, DennisWilles said:

I am hoping they patch it the way it was in GTA5 that you don't have to do every requirement in every attempt. I can't play super quickly and be 80% accurate unless I grinded it for 20-30 times and I am just not interested in that. It was still tedious in GTA but at least you could focus on one thing before the other.

 

Can't really see myself going for this trophy at the moment. Not that skin all animals is any better with the long animations.

Shooting accuracy won't be that much of a big deal due to auto aim assist dude. there are worse objectives than that. all times are REALLY REALLY hard to reach. there is no extra time for mistakes and especially the missions where you have to get like 15 headshots WITHOUT getting hit. The enemies can destroy your cover so there is no infinite camping and so on. you have to be really fast and need a very good aim.  and once you get hit by a single bullet you can repeat the whole bs.

 

RDR 2 is one of the best releases this decade but for sure no fun platinum.

Edited by NathanDarko
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, NathanDarko said:

Shooting accuracy won't be that much of a big deal due to auto aim assist dude. there are worse objectives than that. all times are REALLY REALLY hard to reach. there is no extra time for mistakes and especially the missions where you have to get like 15 headshots WITHOUT getting hit. The enemies can destroy your cover so there is no infinite camping and so on. you have to be really fast and need a very good aim.  and once you get hit by a single bullet you can repeat the whole bs.

 

RDR 2 is one of the best releases this decade but for sure no fun platinum.

 

Do cutscenes count towards the time trials or do they pause the chronometer?

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Dice_Hazard said:

 

Do cutscenes count towards the time trials or do they pause the chronometer?

 

 

That is a good question. Since you will NEVER see a timer or a finished time you will never know. There is only Fail or success -.- 

You do can skip a lot of cutscenes though but there are some sequences where you just ride or are in some kind of a semi cutscene and i guess that the time do count there. 

i tried Good, Honest, Snake Oil like 8 times and i was really fast i used a clock but i am not able to get gold here. Don't know where i could cut some more seconds to be honest. It's possible of course but it's so hell close.

 

It would be easy if i would be able to ride my arabian horse because it almost never runs out of stamina, but since i'm starting the mission over chapter select i am not able to use this horse. good work rockstar really.

 

I'm at 28 Gold Medals now and still so many to do.

 

Edited by NathanDarko
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You really have to do every requirement in every attempt? holy shit, this changes things and makes it a lot harder.

 

I noticed this as well, after repeating one mission you get a bad horse and pistols only.

I mean i can live with the fact that they wanna keep it harder with the requirements but this a bit to much.

 

As NathanDarko said the best way is to check the requirements of the mission but honestly who will do that ?

I mean you probably spoil yourself and its no fun if you stuck at a mission and cant proceed with the story....

 

Edit: Pretty sure cut scenes count as they did in GTA V but i have no proof and they maybe changed it.

Edited by KingTom95
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It becomes straight up impossible sometimes. I already missed a couple of nice and easy missions because of this system. We loved once and true III, for example. You just can't bring the man in two minutes on default horse. The thing runs out of stamina halfway through and even trying to manage it still got me something close to 2:15.

I hope they patch this somehow? At least let us use our character. It was fine in gtav, what is this bs.

 

i just started chapter 3 and now I am really conflicted in how to approach things. Replay the game from the scratch after 100%? Go to all remaining missions with a guide and a hard save? WHY, ROCKSTAR, WHY.

Edited by Akrioz
1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Akrioz said:

It becomes straight up impossible sometimes. I already missed a couple of nice and easy missions because of this system. We loved once and true III, for example. You just can't bring the man in two minutes on default horse. The thing runs out of stamina halfway through and even trying to manage it still got me something close to 2:15.

I hope they patch this somehow? At least let us use our character. It was fine in gtav, what is this bs.

 

i just started chapter 3 and now I am really conflicted in how to approach things. Replay the game from the scratch after 100%? Go to all remaining missions with a guide and a hard save? WHY, ROCKSTAR, WHY.

 

yes dude i can confirm that "we loved once and true" is hardly not possible in chapter select. A really easy mission but the distance is way too far with this horse even if you ride through the tunnel on the left and stay on the tracks til the station. tried it three times absolutely without mistakes. 

Edited by NathanDarko
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@NathanDarko & @Akrioz and everyone talking about horses running out of Stamina:

 

Not sure if you already know this - but if you tap X with the right rhythm as you are going fast it will drastically reduce the speed at which you lose horse stamina. Allowing you to sustain speed for a longer distance. This has saved my life on many of the longer chase and flee sequences.

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've stopped going for golds (currently have zero). I tried getting the one for mission 2 and couldn't do it because if you mess up you have to spend ages between each attempt getting back to where you were. It was completely getting in the way of enjoying the game. Add to that Arthur wasn't always getting his shots off when I pressed the buttons and I literally went to bed seething after night one. Not what I envisioned on launch day!

 

Since then I've just played normally and loved it. I don't know if I'll be going back for the golds later. I'll see how viable it is based on others' experiences and whether or not they nerf it a little bit.

 

Wouldn't be the end of the world though if I don't plat this one. This is a game that transcends trophies.

 

 

Edited by JPageMartin36
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, NathanDarko said:

 

yes dude i can confirm that "we loved once and true" is hardly not possible in chapter select. A really easy mission but the distance is way too far with this horse even if you ride through the tunnel on the left and stay on the tracks til the station. tried it three times absolutely without mistakes. 

You should actually just go along the railroad and might just do it.

 

But, as for the rest of the game: the best way is to leave a save somewhere in the beginning of the game and just go hunt for the gold on this save after you will achieve 100%. Because you still almost never get the gold naturally anyway, so mission select is just makes it much harder than it should be.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

After getting everything done i probably will wait 1 or 1½ years to start a new save and try to obtain the gold medals, at the current state you either have to spoil and force yourself trough missions or nerf yourself because of mission select.

 

Hope they patch and change it to your current inventory + horse.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hoping for a patch as well. The game is so damn huge and I can't be bothered to keep doing the same mission over and over. I'll probably hate the game in a few days if I go for gold now and that's something I don't want as it's too much fun for now

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

How do you replay a mission and start with your items?

It's default every time, like you just started the game

Edited by NoiizeR-
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, NoiizeR- said:

How do you replay a mission and start with your items?

It's default every time, like you just started the game

 

You can't, at least for now. We're hoping for a patch.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

can anyone share when you can get the best horse or best gun? It seems that I should first unlock these equipments then serious Go farming medals

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Rodrister said:

 

You can't, at least for now. We're hoping for a patch.

I dont think they will patch that. Thats the way it was in the first one. When u replay it takes u back to what you had at the time of that story. It would be cool if they did let us do that though

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 30.10.2018 at 0:00 AM, KingTom95 said:

You really have to do every requirement in every attempt? holy shit, this changes things and makes it a lot harder.

 

I noticed this as well, after repeating one mission you get a bad horse and pistols only.

I mean i can live with the fact that they wanna keep it harder with the requirements but this a bit to much.

 

As NathanDarko said the best way is to check the requirements of the mission but honestly who will do that ?

I mean you probably spoil yourself and its no fun if you stuck at a mission and cant proceed with the story....

 

Edit: Pretty sure cut scenes count as they did in GTA V but i have no proof and they maybe changed it.

Save your game > complete the mission without spoiler-> reload save > try to achieve gold.

I have completed 23/26 main missions with gold, but some of them are still a pain in the ass. I will  definitely skip all the 10-15min speedrun missions.

Now I will try to achieve the most annoying challenges ( gambling + "kill a bear without taking damage using only throwing knives")

Win against all players in Five finger filet is almost impossible for me 😅😁

 

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, XxraymanjrxX said:

I dont think they will patch that. Thats the way it was in the first one. When u replay it takes u back to what you had at the time of that story. It would be cool if they did let us do that though

So you should save before every mission, check what to do via youtube video and then load game if fail?

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, XxraymanjrxX said:

When u replay it takes u back to what you had at the time of that story.

No, it just gives you the default Arthur that has nothing and leveled up nothing. If it at least remembered what you had at the time you first attempted the mission it would be great and noone would be angry. Because I freeroamed for 10 hours before taking on any story mission(except for going to valentine) I never had the Arthur they gave us to play with.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, NoiizeR- said:

So you should save before every mission, check what to do via youtube video and then load game if fail?

 

Yes.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

so i haven't replayed missions yet.  For the missions where you start off in camp and have to ride the horse a long ways to get to the mission area, do you have to make the trail ride each time or does it start you in the mission area? Just curious because that would be torture to have to ride in everytime.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, steel6burgh said:

so i haven't replayed missions yet.  For the missions where you start off in camp and have to ride the horse a long ways to get to the mission area, do you have to make the trail ride each time or does it start you in the mission area? Just curious because that would be torture to have to ride in everytime.

Unfortunately you can't skip anything.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hold on, fellers, are y'all telling me that I'll

 

a. have to play as stock Arthur with stock horse and

b. complete all the optional tasks at the same time, also the ones I have completed already?

 

In which case it will likely be impossible given I don't have any saves from early chapter 2. I've done about six or seven missions in chapter three, and so far I've got five gold medals. Looks like another full playthrough sometime down the road is on order, unless they patch it. Which I hope. Because it sounds ridiculous. The mid- and late missions are supposed to be completed with a faster horse, a wider range of weaponry and an upgraded Arthur - what's the point in giving us the option to replay the missions if we don't get to play them as intended, but instead having to run around the battlefield to get into pistol range because our rifles are long gone.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.