Gold Medal

unknownds

This is one of those trophies that makes me not go for the platinum. Don't mind the grindy tedious task of trophies which I have plenty in other games but this trophy is going to spoil the game for me. And for that reason I'm out. Would rather just enjoy the game naturally instead of repeating the same chapter over and over. But I have respect for those who chose to do it. 

It's all doable giving how much experience you'll have with the missions, people here saying that "we loved once and true" is impossible with default setup are wrong. Like I said on playstationtrophies I tried it on the first replay with the default horse and you just have to follow the tracks to the left once you got that guy on the horse, make sure you don't over exhaust the horse in order to gallop till the end. From there take the quickest route into the station by hopping over the railings. I honestly don't think R* are going to nerf them, but never say. And they probably got those from the guy with the quickest playthrough through Q&A. I've got about 66% gold medals on the 18 missions I've done so far.

On 31/10/2018 at 1:19 PM, Bartoulum said:

Hold on, fellers, are y'all telling me that I'll

a. have to play as stock Arthur with stock horse and

b. complete all the optional tasks at the same time, also the ones I have completed already?

In which case it will likely be impossible given I don't have any saves from early chapter 2. I've done about six or seven missions in chapter three, and so far I've got five gold medals. Looks like another full playthrough sometime down the road is on order, unless they patch it. Which I hope. Because it sounds ridiculous. The mid- and late missions are supposed to be completed with a faster horse, a wider range of weaponry and an upgraded Arthur - what's the point in giving us the option to replay the missions if we don't get to play them as intended, but instead having to run around the battlefield to get into pistol range because our rifles are long gone.

that's pretty much how it is right now i'm afraid, total BS if you ask me.

57 minutes ago, Erkawest said:

We now have the first person to get 70 gold medals, sadly not active on the forums to share which missions are the easiest.

He got the trophy before getting the final story mode trophy, That means he got it with upgraded gears through the normal story progression and not with reply chapter method which is a lot harder. I mean some of the objectives are pure bs let alone playing with stock gears and doing on rail story driven moments every single time. I can understand if they want to make it harder by asking you to finish them all in one run just like the ballad of the gay Tony DLC but stock gears and horse is just nonsense. 

Just now, MrMike1377 said:

He got the trophy before getting the final story mode trophy, That means he got it with upgraded gears through the normal story progression and not with reply chapter method which is a lot harder. I mean some of the objectives are pure bs let alone playing with stock gears and doing on rail story driven moments every single time. I can understand if they want to make it harder by asking you to finish them all in one run just like the ballad of the gay Tony DLC but stock gears and horse is just nonsense. 

Well we definitely didn't know that restart mission would be harder when we started playing, my plan was to play all story missions and do the easy ones.. Hopefully 70 can be done without a new playthrough

Im glad I got sidetracked from this.

When I get back onto it in a week or so, I will restart the game and try to go for golds first. Im only any hour in anyway 

Im also going to make notes to keep the journey to platinum an optimised one. May put a trophy Walkthrough together with it eventually and try to save players 100 hrs or so, see what comes off it

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Erkawest said:

Well we definitely didn't know that restart mission would be harder when we started playing, my plan was to play all story missions and do the easy ones.. Hopefully 70 can be done without a new playthrough

Not 100% sure, but I seem to recall it's the Rockstar's way, this having you replay a mission with the gear and skills you're more or less supposed to have on an "average" run. I remember having a hard time on some replays in TBoGT, for example, mostly for that reason. So yeah, for the sheer enjoyment of my character customisation (clothing and hair style are also totally voided during a replay) and for maximum efficiency, I'm using on RDR 2 the same method I applied to my GTA V playthroughs, which is basically what @NathanDarko described and probably what TheJoschka did.

I feel closer to what @GoDBoss173 wrote, though, as I'm not in a hurry (still chapter 2, with perhaps 30 hours+ on the clock :D), and do a lot of challenges, treasure hunts, gunslingers mission, etc. to get the best gear early. To protect myself from spoilers, I don't look up the requirements before playing. I save just before a mission, play it fully, just the way I want to enjoy it then, if I haven't got a gold medal, I look at the requirements, reload and replay it ASAP, skipping cut scenes and all. As far as I recall, I only had to look up once on the Internet for a mission where I couldn't figure how to shave off enough time, and - except for that last one - don't think I had to replay any mission more than twice, three times top.

Granted, it can seem a little tedious and may break the momentum, but at least you're replaying missions that are still fresh in your mind (and fingers :)) with optimised gear and horse, and it saves you from a lot of hassle afterwards. I do have a few silver medals still in the early missions because despite what I just wrote I wanted to get rather fast to a part where I could really free roam, but those are the ones I identified as easily doable with subpar equipment (like: no time limit, or time limit not linked to your horse).

It's still a bad design choice IMO. Sure Tbogt was hard but for the right reason, Objectives were challenging and it wasn't for having stock or wrong guns and gears. Imagine Game spawns Louis with a single pistol with 10 bullets and worst possible car and asks to beat the mission under x:xx with 30 headshots and taking no damage except rdrr2 has more story driven moments and takes longer to get into the action. The game is great don't get me wrong but some of the design choices are really weird.

Some missions are doable but some of the later missions really push you to your limit especially time-limited ones.

I don't think they ever patch this as it's not a mistake, it's a design choice and Rockstar really don't care about single player stuff after the launch (Grand theft auto V glitches from 7th gen are still present in 8th gen and PC releases) So us who missed the opportunity should either start a new game or just let it go.

That was a long lol rant but I had to say it because it was killing me inside.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Erkawest said:

I saw a comment on Powerpyx' gold medals guide which said that you don't need to get ALL reqs in one try. It is possible to complete in multiple runs by doing 1 task at a time etc.

Can somebody confirm this?

I will check offiicial guide when I get home, its very well detailed, im sure that would say

7 hours ago, Erkawest said:

I saw a comment on Powerpyx' gold medals guide which said that you don't need to get ALL reqs in one try. It is possible to complete in multiple runs by doing 1 task at a time etc.

Can somebody confirm this?

Tested, doesn't work. If you complete say 2 of 5 objectives and did another run and got different ones, then it will show 4 of 5 checked in your progress sheet but when you go to complete the last one it will just randomly uncheck one of the other ones and keep you at silver. Must all be done in one shot without checkpoints. There has been instances of people using checkpoints and it being okay with some objectives, but majority of the time if it involves "accuracy/head shots/damage taken" then it just bugs and you have to start the mission again.

So basically, enjoy those missions with 30 minutes of riding and idle chatter to get to actual combat that lasts 2 minutes that needs to be done with 15 head shots, taking no damage, and be completed in 1 minute and 30 seconds.....so load in, get tagged, and enjoy that 30 minute ride again xD

On 10/27/2018 at 7:00 PM, Snake2410 said:

Restarting voids accuracy objectives.  It works for no damage though.  But accuracy objectives seem to have some sort of bug anyways.  I hit 100% of my shots(saw blood spurts for each one) and took no damage on the first mission all in the first go at it and it didn't check off the accuracy checkmark.

i ran into this issue on "pursued by a memory". do you know if the accuracy is voided in any mission you restart checkpoint or only in a  particular one?

19 hours ago, Gemini-JohnnyT said:

i ran into this issue on "pursued by a memory". do you know if the accuracy is voided in any mission you restart checkpoint or only in a  particular one?

It voids it in any mission you restart.  From my experiences, restart voids any gold medal.  Every time I've used it something that I know I achieved is left unchecked.  

On 11/4/2018 at 3:05 PM, Snake2410 said:

It voids it in any mission you restart.  From my experiences, restart voids any gold medal.  Every time I've used it something that I know I achieved is left unchecked.  

Surely this is incorrect? Otherwise we’d have to play the entire game again and get a gold medal first time without fail?

On 10/31/2018 at 2:19 PM, Bartoulum said:

Hold on, fellers, are y'all telling me that I'll

a. have to play as stock Arthur with stock horse and

b. complete all the optional tasks at the same time, also the ones I have completed already?

In which case it will likely be impossible given I don't have any saves from early chapter 2. I've done about six or seven missions in chapter three, and so far I've got five gold medals. Looks like another full playthrough sometime down the road is on order, unless they patch it. Which I hope. Because it sounds ridiculous. The mid- and late missions are supposed to be completed with a faster horse, a wider range of weaponry and an upgraded Arthur - what's the point in giving us the option to replay the missions if we don't get to play them as intended, but instead having to run around the battlefield to get into pistol range because our rifles are long gone.

Yepp ?. In your case I would use a new save and just speed through the story missions

8 hours ago, Yokimoto said:

Surely this is incorrect? Otherwise we’d have to play the entire game again and get a gold medal first time without fail?

It voids it in any continuation of that attempt of the mission if you restart checkpoint.  If you reload your save, restart mission from the very start, or replay a mission from the chapters menu it resets it so you can do it.  

Edited by Snake2410

On 11/4/2018 at 2:05 PM, Snake2410 said:

Last night, I was able to restart from checkpoint "Good, Honest, Snake Oil" twice and still obtain the gold medal. No accuracy, health items or damage related requirements in that mission though.

15 minutes ago, Eisenkhan said:

Last night, I was able to restart from checkpoint "Good, Honest, Snake Oil" twice and still obtain the gold medal. No accuracy, health items or damage related requirements in that mission though.

+1

except damage/accuracy/health items or so - you can restart checkpoint and still obtain gold medal 

On 11/1/2018 at 4:04 PM, ihasmudkips said:

Does anyone have the Gold Medal for "Friends In Very Low Places" in chapter 3 and have any tips for it? I swear I'm doing everything perfectly but a sub 8 minute, 10 Seconds is extremely tight. I'm even skipping cutscenes.  

I just did this one last night. I can confirm that cut scenes don't count as time for the mission, so you don't need to skip them. Oddly enough the first 2 runs I tried where I skipped the cutscenes I only got Silver, but the 3rd time I ran through the mission I let everything play without skipping, and I was able to get the gold medal.

For tips I would say as soon as you get on your horse in the beginning, ride in as straight of a line through the woods and into Rhodes as you can, and as fast as you can. Don't worry about Trelawny as he'll be right behind you when you get to the hitch outside the train station. For the next section up until the wagon stops you can't really make up too much time. When the wagon stops get off your horse and wait in the little bush near the log on the right side of the road. As soon as the guard facing backward turns then crouch run to the lockbox. Crouch run back to the log. Then move to Trelawny as soon as the wagon starts to leave. Hopefully this helps.

On 2018-11-02 at 4:46 AM, Erkawest said:

We now have the first person to get 70 gold medals, sadly not active on the forums to share which missions are the easiest.

I should be done with this trophy today so I'll give you guys an entire list of all the ones I did once I'm done.

• Like 4

6 hours ago, Eisenkhan said:

Hmm, good to know.  All the ones I've done that I ended up having ro restart seemed to negate the gold.  BUT I have been able to restart on a no damage one after taking damage and still got gold.  The first mission was like that for me, so maybe if it has accuracy that takes precedence over no damage for voiding when restarting.

Edited by Snake2410