Gold Medal

unknownds

5 minutes ago, Akrioz said:

How many gold medals you had before replaying anything?

Probably ten. It's not worth doing them first try, I planned on doing that but quickly realized it was messing with my enjoyment of the game.

Edited by NaseemJohn
  • Like 1

33 minutes ago, NaseemJohn said:

Probably ten. It's not worth doing them first try, I planned on doing that but quickly realized it was messing with my enjoyment of the game.

I felt the same. I'm also considering replaying, epilogue had some really easy golds.

Also had like ten after the story. Feels like it must be possible to get 70 medals even with character resets

Edited by Erkawest

11 minutes ago, Erkawest said:

I felt the same. I'm also considering replaying, epilogue had some really easy golds.

Also had like ten after the story. Feels like it must be possible to get 70 medals even with character resets

Epilogue one has some of the easiest gold medals. Should be done soon only a couple left. I've been skipping some of the longer ones but it seems you may need to do a couple of them. 

• Like 1

Good luck on people trying to get 70 medals with replays. I was smart enough to do almost every subquest/annexes to maximize my character and still I've trouble getting gold medals on some quests. For now : Chapter 1 : 4/6, Chapter 2 : 16/18 atm (didn't try the 2 others).
I have to restart the same quest like 2 or 4 times depending of the difficulty, honestly the quests with "accuracy + headshot" are hardly doable without full stats..

Anyway, don't see the point on rushing the story and playing on repeat + doing annexes at the end of the game, it's the opposite of being smart, too bad they didn't think about it earlier :/ 

Also for those who ask "which are the easiest", c'mon you have the list of challenges.. check what's hard for you and don't pick challenge out of your skills... not everyone has the same talent, so why asking someone else what's easier for you? 

• Like 1

I am willing to trade my first time experience into ordeal later. becuase it is just one time thing that you will never experience the same again. So i am going every misssion blind. at the worse case i will just drop this platinum. it's not worth it to sacrifice my enjoyment which is the main priority of gaming after all.

Edited by FielVeredus
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, MercureUnleashed said:

Good luck on people trying to get 70 medals with replays. I was smart enough to do almost every subquest/annexes to maximize my character and still I've trouble getting gold medals on some quests. For now : Chapter 1 : 4/6, Chapter 2 : 16/18 atm (didn't try the 2 others).
I have to restart the same quest like 2 or 4 times depending of the difficulty, honestly the quests with "accuracy + headshot" are hardly doable without full stats..

Anyway, don't see the point on rushing the story and playing on repeat + doing annexes at the end of the game, it's the opposite of being smart, too bad they didn't think about it earlier :/ 

Also for those who ask "which are the easiest", c'mon you have the list of challenges.. check what's hard for you and don't pick challenge out of your skills... not everyone has the same talent, so why asking someone else what's easier for you? 

Some gold medals with time constraints are tough as well especially since there’s no timer in game. Again I would check YouTube before the mission just to get a feeling of it.

i do feel that upgraded deadeye greatly helps achieving headshot + accuracy goals. Not sure if it is getting reset during replay mission. That would make gold medals impossible, at least for me

22 minutes ago, MercureUnleashed said:

Anyway, don't see the point on rushing the story and playing on repeat

Nah, it's just really breaks the pace and flow of everything when you are forced to play a mission 2-5 times(or spoiling the experience by checking requirements beforehand. Sometimes they are spoiler-ish, yeah) in a row before finally moving on.

My take of this is: Get a 100% completion. Plan what 70 missions you would do and which one are irritating enough to just skip the gold on. Start a new game, get an elite arabian, pack a lot of dead eye items, maybe do some useful activities to boost stats. Get the golds.

Well, someone would want to deal with replays, like @NaseemJohn, some would like to get everything "first try", like you. It's not really a matter or being smart or not.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Akrioz said:

Nah, it's just really breaks the pace and flow of everything when you are forced to play a mission 2-5 times(or spoiling the experience by checking requirements beforehand. Sometimes they are spoiler-ish, yeah) in a row before finally moving on.

My take of this is: Get a 100% completion. Plan what 70 missions you would do and which one are irritating enough to just skip the gold on. Start a new game, get an elite arabian, pack a lot of dead eye items, maybe do some useful activities to boost stats. Get the golds.

Well, someone would want to deal with replays, like @NaseemJohn, some would like to get everything "first try", like you. It's not really a matter or being smart or not.

IMHO, it is too much a drag to go through all the talking, riding and hunting again. And it is not like you can totally avoid restarting mission even on 2nd playthrough. 

4 minutes ago, Maverick6146 said:

And it is not like you can totally avoid restarting mission even on 2nd playthrough. 

It doesn't matter already. I and the people who want the coherent experience with the game on the first playthrough will already achieve that.

If you play the game your normal way, without focusing on tasks for the gold, you will end up with like 10-15 in an entire playthrough. So, I guess I will trade this "progress" for an proper Arthur to work with, not a default one. In terms of effort it looks the same to me. You either try hard on replays or take more time, but make them overall easier. Or just break your immersion and cohesion by reloading a hard save on a first playthrough. Some people want to loot and explore stuff during the mission and complete the missions blindly. But if you reload and the mission wants you TO GO FAST all of your looting and exploring gets thrown out of the window.

One thing is to be aware of missable missions and just not to progress too far before doing them and another is this.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

This mission is the only mission ive played that i dont have a gold medal in, for the life of my i can’t understand how to complete the no damage requirement? I’ve never been hit by the Wolfe’s, not even once in all my 8 tries. Can someone shed some light on this? Does the no damage requirement include my “friends”? so for all missions where someone from the camp is with me, I have to be careful that they don’t get hit witch btw in many scenarios is totally out of my hands. 

And now I can’t even do the mission, Arthur jump of his horse when you progress past the dead horse! Then it tell me to mount my horse again, but it’s impossible and Javier just stands still by the dead horse, terrible game design! It seems if you get there before Javier the Mission can’t be play ??

Lol, that was actually the problem! For any one else struggling with the same do not run in front of Javier, stay behind him at all times, don’t know what exactly triggers the bug but if you just stay behind him (like most people I assume) since I didn’t find this problem anywhere else. The bug won’t happen 

• 7 months later...

Well I'm doing my gold medal run and, while tedious. It's not the hardest thing I've done. Still, what on Earth were they thinking? I know living in Edinburgh this is not the fault of Rockstar North. And I also know they understand very well the philosophy of what constitutes a challenge. So what I think happened is someone at San Diego was charged with making these gold medals harder than GTA V.  But this idiot like so many people in the industry doesn't have a bloody clue what constitutes a challenge. They just thought like a robot, oh just make it like you have get all goals in one play. That constitutes making it harder, derp derp job done. They never thought for a single second, how this would obviously hinder natural gameplay!  But what then boggles my mind is how then they just outright destroyed all natural story play by making the replay option redunt with default guns and horse! The pattern of play is so clear even a blind man can see it! The player will first play the story, gaining naturally some objectives, then coming back via replay to finish off the rest! Learn what constitutes a challenge you asshat that done this! Or find a new form of employment. Rant over.

On 7/14/2019 at 4:13 AM, AMadScotsGuy said:

Well I'm doing my gold medal run and, while tedious. It's not the hardest thing I've done. Still, what on Earth were they thinking? I know living in Edinburgh this is not the fault of Rockstar North. And I also know they understand very well the philosophy of what constitutes a challenge. So what I think happened is someone at San Diego was charged with making these gold medals harder than GTA V.  But this idiot like so many people in the industry doesn't have a bloody clue what constitutes a challenge. They just thought like a robot, oh just make it like you have get all goals in one play. That constitutes making it harder, derp derp job done. They never thought for a single second, how this would obviously hinder natural gameplay!  But what then boggles my mind is how then they just outright destroyed all natural story play by making the replay option redunt with default guns and horse! The pattern of play is so clear even a blind man can see it! The player will first play the story, gaining naturally some objectives, then coming back via replay to finish off the rest! Learn what constitutes a challenge you asshat that done this! Or find a new form of employment. Rant over.

Are you doing through replay or new game?

On 7/15/2019 at 3:56 PM, Mi2Lethal said:

Are you doing through replay or new game?

I'm doing a new game. It's probably more time consuming, according to the consensus here at least.

Still I'm really pissed off with how idiotic this is. They might as well have just removed the medal system. All of Red Dead 2s little faults come out as well. I can see why they let RockStar North dedicate their resources to it. I think they done more than just map work. Will need to wangle more info out of an employee if I see them about Edinburgh. I'm pretty convinced San Diego were probably making a real mess of this. And RockStar North saved the day.

It's still a great game, but no where near as good or polished as GTA V.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I know this is late. But really guys a platinum trophy shouldn't be an easy task, I understand that for sure. But this game which I really like and enjoy playing went too far when it comes to platinum trophy. It went from very hard challenge to very hard almost impossible and frustrating having to replay scenes with your horse walking. PLUS you can't pace your horse. I even understand the objectives to do them all in one go. Because that is platinum trophy, should be hard. But please what is really bad from Rockstar and frustrating thinking they did it on purpose is the horse travelling almost in every mission. That takes hours from your life just to get to the important part. It is really a shame for a huge game like this, they made this part so stupid and frustrating. But for them to change it? Never gonna happen, you bought the game so they already had your income, what happens after, they don't care. They care only where the money is which right now is on RDR2Online. There comes one day where I won't even care anymore about Rockstar games. Maybe this would be the last game I bought. 

On 14-8-2019 at 1:00 AM, HOGIE838IRE said:

Incase you've gotten 70 gold medals: I'm pretty sure 'Gold Rush' won't unlock unless you've beaten the story first. I had 70 gold medals with only 'American Venom' left to play. The trophy didn't unlock until I completed the final mission...

I just gotten Gold Rush recently and I did it before the end of the story as Arthur the last gold medal I got was Mrs. Sadie's Adler Widow II.

Edit: this was on my second playthrough btw.

Edited by Famemachine