How PSN ID Name Changing Works With PSNProfiles

You guys have quite a bit of work laid out for you, thank you for your amazing job with the site that has been the rock for many peoples trophy hunting addictions ? I just have one question and I’m sorry to be the one that brings this up but how will the name change affect flagged/banned users? Will it be as simple as a name change to rejoin the leaderboards? (I’m not flagged or a cheater, just curious) 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Knightmare_1985 said:

You guys have quite a bit of work laid out for you, thank you for your amazing job with the site that has been the rock for many peoples trophy hunting addictions 1f601.png I just have one question and I’m sorry to be the one that brings this up but how will the name change affect flagged/banned users? Will it be as simple as a name change to rejoin the leaderboards? (I’m not flagged or a cheater, just curious) 

Nope, that will not be a workaround :P 

• Like 1

A few years ago or so, I would have been jumping for joy that PlayStation was finally going to allow name changes. But now? I've grown to like the PSN ID name I chose back in 2011. I'm gonna keep it. But I'm happy for everyone who will be able to change their names, for those who really want to.

52 minutes ago, Ondina said:

So if we want to keep our forum stats and premium member we need to not change our usernames until 2019?

There is no way to regain my stats and premium later if I change it now?

If you change it now those things will be separate until early 2019, and Sly is betting they will merge back without much trouble for the most part, so that's basically the downside if you do it now.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I think it would be wise to keep track of every user's previous username. Because otherwise this is quite a handy feature for cheating trophies where you check an online leaderboard to find out if a trophy has been earned legitimately. People are just gonna cheat the trophy and change their ID (hiding the previous one in the process) so there's no way to find out. Anyway, this is obviously only possible with gamers that are already tracked, so there's still the problem with future entries. What can be done about that?

edit: To be honest I actually have a game on my profile (Uno) where it would be extremely tempting to do this. So please kill my enticement and prevent me from going astray :P

Edited by GTRP_Lancerlover

10 hours ago, GTRP_Lancerlover said:

I think it would be wise to keep track of every user's previous username. Because otherwise this is quite a handy feature for cheating trophies where you check an online leaderboard to find out if a trophy has been earned legitimately. People are just gonna cheat the trophy and change their ID (hiding the previous one in the process) so there's no way to find out. Anyway, this is obviously only possible with gamers that are already tracked, so there's still the problem with future entries. What can be done about that?

edit: To be honest I actually have a game on my profile (Uno) where it would be extremely tempting to do this. So please kill my enticement and prevent me from going astray :P

We'll have a way to keep track of that on the backend

• Like 3

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Yeah its already April and nothing as of late and we already on Firmware 6.51, as long as they work out all the kinks and really no issues with purchased items im all ok. I dont care about save lost.