How PSN ID Name Changing Works With PSNProfiles

48 minutes ago, BlindMango said:

@Sly Ripper I was betting with you this would happen one day out of the blue with no prior warning from Sony, hope you’re ready for it! xD 

If you have all. Onlines trophies of a ps3 game and need to start with all offline trophies

Do you know if we change the id you will still

Have that list with the online trophies won with the previous id and getting all offline trophies with the new id well get the plat?

7 minutes ago, waltdisneypixa said:

If you have all. Onlines trophies of a ps3 game and need to start with all offline trophies

Do you know if we change the id you will still

Have that list with the online trophies won with the previous id and getting all offline trophies with the new id well get the plat?

Yes, your trophy progress will be remembered with a name change

The only issue is the online *progress* (not to be confused with trophies) of some older games which may or may not carry over with a name change

• Like 1

Just now, BlindMango said:

Yes, your trophy progress will be remembered with a name change

The only issue is the online *progress* (not to be confused with trophies) of some older games which may or may not carry over with a name change

Okey so all my ps3 games that i haven't touch the offline part, i will have no problem then?

8 minutes ago, waltdisneypixa said:

Okey so all my ps3 games that i haven't touch the offline part, i will have no problem then?

Yeah that shouldn’t be an issue, because the save file progress is what unlocks the trophy, which a name change won’t alter

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, BlindMango said:

Yeah that shouldn’t be an issue, because the save file progress is what unlocks the trophy, which a name change won’t alter

And why it says

Q: Do all games support online ID change?

A large majority of the most-played PS4 games that we tested support the feature. We recommend that you check this list of tested games before you make the actual change. PS3 and PS Vita games are not supported.

7 minutes ago, waltdisneypixa said:

And why it says

Q: Do all games support online ID change?

A large majority of the most-played PS4 games that we tested support the feature. We recommend that you check this list of tested games before you make the actual change. PS3 and PS Vita games are not supported.

It says this because if an older game has online game modes in it, it may or may not display the old username and could have trouble with online game mode progress (depending on how the developers set up that online game mode)

• Like 1

Just now, Dorroile said:

So do you guys have an ETA on how long it'll take for PSNP to be namechange-compatible, now that namechanges are finally here? I'd rather not get a namechange until i know it won't fuck up my Premium etc

To be safe, I’d wait for Sly to confirm the site is good to go before changing your name just to be sure

He changed quite a bit on the backend since last year, but I’m not 100% certain if it’s completely ready or not (I would hope it is by now lol)

So all these names I have written down of people who disrupt or don't show up to gaming sessions will be back wrecking my head under a new name ? ? It's ok I try and avoid online as much as I can these days... ?

Anyway, never mind name changing, I just want to view my trophies in alphabetical order ? when are they gonna sort that....?

If anyone wants my name it's for sale: 1000 euro :giggle:

Edited by HOGIE838IRE