Update 1.05

JoocyMan

For Halloween, Update 1.05 was released, adding some new options available to those who make an account on Bethesda.net. AKUMU mode returns from the first game, along with options to activate Infinite Stamina, One Hit Kills, and Infinite Health. These options mention that there are some instances where they will not work.

Does anyone know yet what these instances are? I imagine they're maybe instakill segments in the game, or moments where you're forced to walk, but has anyone encountered what this is referring to yet?

Second, if these options are used, do they negate trophies? The day the update dropped, I had just started my Classic run for my last trophy. I don't want to activate these new features and be locked out of the plat. Anybody have anything on this?

Wow, they added in AKUMU mode!? I'm kind of glad they didn't add in a trophy for completing that. I did it for the first game, but I don't think it would work as well in the sequel given how it's nonlinear. Plus, I didn't like the game very much, so I'd rather not have to go back to it. :P

It would be pretty lame if those options which are essentially cheats didn't disable trophies. Anyone trying to complete Classic difficulty should go through all the hardships the rest of us did. :P

Edited by Undead Wolf

20 minutes ago, Undead Wolf said:

Wow, they added in AKUMU mode!? I'm kind of glad they didn't add in a trophy for completing that. I did it for the first game, but I don't think it would work as well in the sequel given how it's nonlinear. Plus, I didn't like the game very much, so I'd rather not have to go back to it. :P

It would be pretty lame if those options which are essentially cheats didn't disable trophies. Anyone trying to complete Classic difficulty should go through all the hardships the rest of us did. :P

I think the classic mode is harder than akumu mode.... I got Evil within 1 akumu mode  plat, still need to try classic mode in evil within 2

Edited by knoef_NL

1 minute ago, knoef_NL said:

I think the classic mode is harder than akumu mode.... I got Evil within 1 akumu mode  plat, still need to try classic mode in evil within 2

How can you say that if you haven't completed Classic mode? I've done both AKUMU and Classic modes and I don't think the latter even comes close tbh. It's not really even that difficult, it's just the fact that you lose a lot of progress if you die. More about perseverance than skill.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Undead Wolf said:

How can you say that if you haven't completed Classic mode? I've done both AKUMU and Classic modes and I don't think the latter even comes close tbh. It's not really even that difficult, it's just the fact that you lose a lot of progress if you die. More about perseverance than skill.

Cause i know the conditions. 

Losing progress and only being able to save a few times is way harder than simply not upgrading your weapons. I am more a "all-in"  type of gamer ? So i guess its something I find hard, not everybody. 
Part 2 is an awesome game. Really loved it. Sad that it didn't sell that well according to some members on here. 

14 minutes ago, knoef_NL said:

Cause i know the conditions. 

Losing progress and only being able to save a few times is way harder than simply not upgrading your weapons. I am more a "all-in"  type of gamer 1f605.png So i guess its something I find hard, not everybody. 

Well from the sounds of it, you don't actually know the conditions. :P In Classic mode, you can save 7 times which is actually pretty generous. In AKUMU mode everything one-hit kills you.

2 hours ago, JoocyMan said:

For Halloween, Update 1.05 was released, adding some new options available to those who make an account on Bethesda.net. AKUMU mode returns from the first game, along with options to activate Infinite Stamina, One Hit Kills, and Infinite Health. These options mention that there are some instances where they will not work.

Does anyone know yet what these instances are? I imagine they're maybe instakill segments in the game, or moments where you're forced to walk, but has anyone encountered what this is referring to yet?

Second, if these options are used, do they negate trophies? The day the update dropped, I had just started my Classic run for my last trophy. I don't want to activate these new features and be locked out of the plat. Anybody have anything on this?

I think those options negate trophies but im not 100% sure.
At least akumu could offer more challenge than the classic mode.
I'm playing EW1 on akumu and i can only say that it's brutal, especially Chapter 6,
but at least its not permanent death! fortunately bethesda had the courage not to do what they did with wolfenstein 2 :D 

1 minute ago, optimusmart said:

They always get 'apparently' leaked and the 'apparent' leaks are almost always wrong

Pretty sure this was confirmed by the devs themselves... :| on tweet.

But anyways! This is great! Is this mode stuff going to stay forever or just halloween period? I havent started the game!

Edited by ERGOPROXY-DECAY

Just now, ERGOPROXY-DECAY said:

Pretty sure this was confirmed by the devs themselves... :| on tweet.

But anyways! This is great! Is this mode stuff going to stay forever or just halloween period? I havent started the game!

See what u mean, after a quick google, that leak looks pretty genuine 

Aint got a clue, who knows, and its odd that they dont disable trophies. I mean they have basically put in god mode, we can now get platinum in 10hours, for the hell of it

I popped a trophy with cheats on, cinematic one, and would take another hr off playing to check if max upgrades pops. But a trophy popped with them on so should be fine

9 minutes ago, optimusmart said:

I mean they have basically put in god mode, we can now get platinum in 10hours, for the hell of it

God mode!? nice! Its like using a gameshark cheating! I totally love this...as long as all trophies will still pop i may start this game before it ends afterall. Just want to enjoy the story of the game blasting shits to pieces (but also getting trophies...)

5 hours ago, ERGOPROXY-DECAY said:

God mode!? nice! Its like using a gameshark cheating! I totally love this...as long as all trophies will still pop i may start this game before it ends afterall. Just want to enjoy the story of the game blasting shits to pieces (but also getting trophies...)

I may jump back in briefly as well, I have got a full plate though

The first story trophy should pop near chapter 2s end iirc

5 hours ago, monteblommie said:

Not happy with the devaluation of the trophy rarity i must say..

Hopefully halloween made people pick this game up though, i want a sequel.

I can see the frustration, personally though, Im not bothered at all

People dont have to use the cheats, and I guess their trying to breath some more life into the game

I find it odd the enable trophies with the cheats, rather than removing them, I can see them updating it to disable trophies. So id do it quick people if anybody is interested to be safe

It just looks so much like this game wil be free on PSPlus next mth, I wonder if that leak was doctored/fake or they changed line up due to it.....guess we will see

Why would they include update now when game is dead and try to push their site via a dead game. They expecting a halloween sale rise or somet

Edited by optimusmart

10 hours ago, optimusmart said:

I just updated the Trophy walkthrough with the info you need, you will be surprised.

When u get grabbed, you just stay in a grab animation till you rotate the analogue lol

Why have they done this anyway.....free on PS Plus next mth????????

The good news is that apparently these codes are to be used in nightmare mode and not in classic mode, which makes me happy. 

1 hour ago, Nimera said:

The good news is that apparently these codes are to be used in nightmare mode and not in classic mode, which makes me happy. 

25 minutes ago, LuciaRosethorn said:

From what I've seen on steam cheats disable achievements until turned off, so I don't see why trophies would be any different.

As already ive said above already@LuciaRosethorn, the cheats DO NOT disable trophies.

And @Nimera, the cheats work on every difficulty, even Akumu

I only just completed this game the other week - everything but classic mode as I don’t really fancy that challenge, interesting they have released this patch so late in the games life though? I really enjoyed both Evil within games but the second is definitely a decent improvement on the first so anything that might gain the game more interest is a good move in my opinion 

50 minutes ago, optimusmart said:

And @Nimera, the cheats work on every difficulty, even Akumu

Even on classic mode?  bethesda wants to turn this plat into spider man plat rarity or what? xD

Nah but i prefer playing classic mode on normal way, the only challenging part for me is the carbin defense

Edited by Nimera

2 minutes ago, Nimera said:

Even on classic mode?  bethesda wants to turn this plat into spider man plat rarity or what? xD

Nah but i prefer playing classic mode on normal way, the only challenging part for me is the carbin defense

I tested it on Casual, Classic and Akumu, works on all and I popped a trophy with it on

I got it legitimately, its all pretty easy once u know what ur doing, even the cabin is easy if u use shock bolts and take a axe with you for the witch

But im glad this is making others interested in playing. Its not losing any less players as the game is dead now, but is attracting some new ones

If they must do this to as a final effort to spread to expand the fanbase then so be it

1 hour ago, optimusmart said:

I tested it on Casual, Classic and Akumu, works on all and I popped a trophy with it on

I got it legitimately, its all pretty easy once u know what ur doing, even the cabin is easy if u use shock bolts and take a axe with you for the witch

But im glad this is making others interested in playing. Its not losing any less players as the game is dead now, but is attracting some new ones

If they must do this to as a final effort to spread to expand the fanbase then so be it

My problem was missing some collectibles, so i left the game :P  maybe after complete EW1 on akumu ill be back
If this is a way to captivate players so be it, resident evil also has these things :)