SOTN: Weird Yellow Object Rooms

Okay, I have come across at least 2 or 3 of these rooms now, not sure what they are.  They have some sort of cube or something of some sort just floating there, but can't do anything about them.  I would Google this, but I've no clue as to what these rooms are to begin with xD

Am I suppose to do something in these rooms? Or will they become relevant later on? For reference I have beaten that pair boss (the dino and gargoyle duo) already.  And am really just wandering around, trying to figure out what I need to do next as well.

42 minutes ago, DrakeHellsing said:

Okay, I have come across at least 2 or 3 of these rooms now, not sure what they are.  They have some sort of cube or something of some sort just floating there, but can't do anything about them.  I would Google this, but I've no clue as to what these rooms are to begin with xD

Am I suppose to do something in these rooms? Or will they become relevant later on? For reference I have beaten that pair boss (the dino and gargoyle duo) already.  And am really just wandering around, trying to figure out what I need to do next as well.

Aww he's playing Symphony of the Night for the first time.

But good on you! It's one of the greatest games of all time and I'm glad to see people who haven't played it play it. Also if you really like the game I can recommend plenty of games like it. 

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, aZombieDictator said:

Aww he's playing Symphony of the Night for the first time.

But good on you! It's one of the greatest games of all time and I'm glad to see people who haven't played it play it. Also if you really like the game I can recommend plenty of games like it. 

Yeah, I am enjoying it, though I have died twice so far... mostly because these new enemies are hitting harder than other enemies.

I'm not the best at these sort of games, but hey, I try my best with them in the end, just getting use to how they play and all that.  I think my main issue right now is the secondary attack usage.  As in, sometimes I'll throw the axe I have on by mistake because I'm trying to jump and attack (and I seem to press up as well while jumping).  But ah well, I'll get through this one eventually, bit by bit xD

1 hour ago, DrakeHellsing said:

Yeah, I am enjoying it, though I have died twice so far... mostly because these new enemies are hitting harder than other enemies.

I'm not the best at these sort of games, but hey, I try my best with them in the end, just getting use to how they play and all that.  I think my main issue right now is the secondary attack usage.  As in, sometimes I'll throw the axe I have on by mistake because I'm trying to jump and attack (and I seem to press up as well while jumping).  But ah well, I'll get through this one eventually, bit by bit xD

Hey I've died like 5 times alread and I just got to doppelganger. I'm not doing too well either, but having a fun time playing again. Also backdash is one of the best things to use, and dont forget about shields when you have them equipped. 

26 minutes ago, aZombieDictator said:

Hey I've died like 5 times alread and I just got to doppelganger. I'm not doing too well either, but having a fun time playing again. Also backdash is one of the best things to use, and dont forget about shields when you have them equipped. 

You can use the stopwatch on the doppelganger if you're having issues 

1 hour ago, phoenix_shade said:

Playing for the first time also... having some difficulty with the analog stick. Keep using items by accident, ducking is fairly sloppy, and i keep casting spells by accidnet and when i try to do them on purpose I cant lol

Not to mention for me, jumping and Alucard stops and falls down straight instead of finishing the jump so to speak.  But hey, will get back to it later on for sure and see if I can get further to the next available save room :)

3 hours ago, aZombieDictator said:

I remember hating shields in this game because of the "hold circle while tapping square" input needed to fight with it. Is that still a thing in this version?

9 minutes ago, nazareth357 said:

Quick question. I didn't want to make a topic just for this, but do any of you, who have played Rondo before, know what the continue bar at the bottom of the menu where you choose character/stage is for? 

It's just tell you how many times you used continue

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Lance_87 said:

Yes but i guess loading times were a little faster in the PSP port.

They were fast enough in the original PS1 version - you were never stuck in that room. It was just something to cross, and the new map was loaded by the time you exited the room.