Red Dead is boring

GoneWild300

7 minutes ago, GoneWild300 said:

Anyone else think this game is boring and slow? I played chapter 1 and it was super slowed paced and kinda lost interest a bit. Im in chapter two right now and hopefully the pace of the game picks up, so far it just seems like a boring horse simulator. 

Yeah I kinda felt the same, specially after playing Odyssey which is more fast paced. Arthur's controls are really heavy and slow, can't even climb a slope without sliding down.

But I guess the more time you spend on the game, more you will like it

I agree it started out boring and slow.  then i spent two hours running around my camp exploring and accomplished nothing and I began to see that i was having a lot of fun.   This may be a 500 hour platinum for me because there is too much to distract you from your task.  you go to do this and that happens along the way and you end up way over here doing something completely different.  I can already see it is a masterpiece and you may not notice it right off.  

edit...So now that i've played all I care to play I was for sure wrong about masterpiece.  This game is one big gigantic chore.  Go get this go fetch that.  Chop some wood for good karma points.  Ride your horse all the way over here and back.  Then do it all again.  So much damn hunting.  If i wanted to play a 100 hours of a hunting game, which I wouldn't ever, I'd buy a hunting game.  They do have them, same with fishing.   The character movement is clunky, god awful  At times the controls are unresponsive.   The game plays more like a telltale game/ interactive movie then a video game.  I had an Atari that I felt more in control of my AI then this. I won't even complain too much about it being boring because I'm not a story person anyway.  However I do believe it immerses you into the era because I always viewed life in the 1800's as probably being boring as shit, as with this game.  Then we have poor control scheme and layout.  The stupid SOB that decides to use L3 to crouch when everybody else in the gaming industry just about these days uses L3 to sprint should be fired on the spot.  Can't tell you how many times muscle memory kicked in and when i wanted to run I crouched the exact opposite of what I wanted to do.  And god forbid if you interact with the wrong person inside of your camp because you might end up on some damn 30 minute horsehide out to the middle of bum-f**k nowhere to hunt a bison or on a trip into town to get drunk and look for your lost friend (3 times)when all you wanted to do was put the damn money in the box.  

Red dead redemption 2 isn't the 1st game to have an immersive open world where the characters interact with you in different ways.  It's not the 1st game to have a beautiful open world as it's not the 1st game to have poor character movement and clunky unresponsive controls.  However, it's the 1st game that took eight years to make and received perfect 10 ratings, that bore me absolutely shitless. Chopping wood simulator, horse simulator, hunting simulator,  fishing simulator, drunken bar fight simulator, cut-scene simulator, boring, slow, clunky.  i know i'm going to get a lot of shit for saying these things but I don't care the whole gaming industry is so far up rockstars ass it's disgraceful.  It's not even a good movie.

Edited by steel6burgh
changed my mind about this game
  • Like 3

It depends... it depends if you ever played RDR 1 and it depends how old are you and it depends if you bought the game just to say your crew  you finally bought it and it depends if you were expecting from a FarWest game a military base that spawning super flying tanks or a gatling gun spawned from the butt of an easy-peasy Nightclub lady while all around you 10 years old children were screaming inside their microphones with a weird music as background.

Horse simulator cit.

Ah, I told it? It depends

Edited by X_Wizi_X
  • Like 4

I agree that the first one is overrated as heck, and the second isn't off to a rollickingly good start, but I will save my comments for when I've finished it.

I love the first one to death but outside of Marston, his family, that Bonnie girl, the snake oil guy, and that inbred cowboy looking dude from the Zombie stuff, I barely remember a thing. One of the most over rated games I've ever played, and even still, it's an absolute ripper to play through at least once.

I'm not expecting too much from RDR 2, but hopefully I'm wrong.

22 minutes ago, DUDEwithCOFFEE said:

That's a little harsh and not sure what age has to do with. Assuming that you meant the game is meant for older players, I am in my 40's and had to push myself to finish RDR 1. Due to my busy schedule, fun in game for me is something what I can do with a game in the amount of time in a gaming session. Apparently you can't even hunt easily in this game (which some may seem boring as it is), but in this game  you have scout, using the correct weapon/ammo, aim for the weak spot. So, if you only have 2 hours to play, chasing a rabbit with a bow and arrow for 30-45 minutes may not be the choice of a game to play.

However, I do agree with you that this may have not met his expectation. If he is hearing that the game is getting 10's and GOTY remarks...and puts the game in to find out he has to brew his own coffee, I can see how he is disappointed.

If you're 40 yo and if you had to push to complete RDR 1 I'm not expecting you would play RDR 2, or at least, I'm expecting you know what RDR 2 is going to be about. Playing just chapter 1 and say "this game is boring" I link that assumption to a young age, yes. If someone is searching for a GTA gameplay's clone or level of madness or "out of ordinary" stuff in RDR just because it's a R* game, well, they simply bought the wrong game. That's what I was saying.

Edited by X_Wizi_X

1 minute ago, X_Wizi_X said:

If you're 40 yo and if you had to push to complete RDR 1 I'm not expecting you would play RDR 2, or at least, I'm expecting you know what RDR 2 is going to be about. Playing just chapter 1 and say "this game is boring" I link that assumption to a young age, yes

I will eventually play it, I mean...it looks to be a legendary game. Probably will wait until MP launches so there's a good balance (do some SP tasks then jump onto MP). To be fair, I played RDR 1 way after the servers were empty/glitched and had the reputation of being one of the best games ever so my expectations were higher.

Also, I agree he probably needs to put in about 50 hours or so to see if the game opens up more.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DUDEwithCOFFEE said:

I will eventually play it, I mean...it looks to be a legendary game. Probably will wait until MP launches so there's a good balance (do some SP tasks then jump onto MP). To be fair, I played RDR 1 way after the servers were empty/glitched and had the reputation of being one of the best games ever so my expectations were higher.

Also, I agree he probably needs to put in about 50 hours or so to see if the game opens up more.

Too bad bro. When they were full of people and working (2010-2012) - in my opinion - RDR's mp was one of the best mp I ever played and I usually hate mp.

• Like 1

great game. without a doubt one of the greatest games i've played in a long time. Very realistic and I like that. I'm sick of running around to blow shit up or beating up zombies. God, I am so siiiick of zombies (unless it's THE WALKING DEAD show)... but this game is great.

I myself am on Chapter 2, been avoiding Dutch like the plague to make sure I get everything around me.

Look at the RDR2 guides for sale on Amazon.com. No joke, people who are buying this game and it's guides are 60+ in age. One guy who reviewed the game said he was 72!!!! 72yo and playing PS4!!!!! HAAA!

Edited by dokkanexpert
spellcheck