Red Dead is boring

GoneWild300

8 hours ago, Bunau said:

It's boring and it reminds me of GTA too much I really hate it and I'm very upset, RDR1 will forever be my favourite game, this has nothing to do with it.

I am so confused by this comment, it is everything RDR was but improved upon in every aspect, I genuinely want to know every little issue you had with this game but didn't have with the original. I expected the orignial to be on of those games that would be better than the sequel until I actually played RDR2.

1 minute ago, aZombieDictator said:

I said my points. The intro isn't the only thing I wouldn't like, I even praised the game lol. As I said it's not for me.

And saying how it amazes you someone could hate the game? That's subjective. People all have their own tastes and preferences. I don't like GTA, Battlefield, fighting games, and the like because of my taste and preferences. Just because you absolutely love it doesn't mean everyone else will.

I'm skipping the game because it doesn't catch my eye and I know I most likely wouldn't enjoy it. But that doesn't mean I hate the game. I've been very skeptical about it and I've watched several hours of Twitch streaming to see if I'd like it and I came to the conclusion I would not personally enjoy it. I'm not hating on the game, it's just a taste and preference thing.

I just absolutely hate it when people say you're crazy or dumb for not liking certain stuff. It's ok to not like things, even if it's a masterpiece like Red Dead.

With that being said, what games do you actually like then ?

Also if doesn't catch your eye now what had you so hyped up about it before ?

Lastly, who the hell called anyone "dumb" or "crazy" for not liking a game. It amazes me, the same way people who don't like the sun or warm weather amaze me.

P.S. Watching someone play the game doesn't do it justice, that's why I stopped watching "twitch streams" or "let's plays".

• Like 1

I beated 100% from RDR1 in september. For me this game is 80% boring, plot has nothing interesting almost all the time except last Black Water chapter and finale. Major part of plot it's just about finding two guys. On the other hand, RDR has nice dialogues and cool characters like Marston and Dutch. I will play RDR2 when I'm ready, because I like Marston's stories about his gang and all that, and I'm excited to see the whole gang in action.

About 20h in. Ch 3

*They should have made easier character controls, specially crouching in fights

*The world can sometimes be toooo realistic, like the horse being knocked over by a tiny rock you dont see while sprinting, or full-force into a tree when they couldve made the horse auto dodge it

*Fishing is almost like Farcry 5, just a lot slower and damages your hands with all the button mashing

*No warnings when you are about to fail quests when going out of boundary. Tried looting and failed quest suddenly

*Looting 10+ corpses after a fight takes forever, too realistic to search every body for 2 cents loot

*No indicators at all, have to search every corner to see if there is some button to press

*The mission log sucks

*You spend hours just riding all over the map, I just put on auto-pilot and wait several minutes. Fast travelling is like never used

*Minimal tasks take long

The game is awesome, love gang fights and shootouts with the crew

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, KeoneArt said:

I am so confused by this comment, it is everything RDR was but improved upon in every aspect, I genuinely want to know every little issue you had with this game but didn't have with the original. I expected the orignial to be on of those games that would be better than the sequel until I actually played RDR2.

With that being said, what games do you actually like then ?

Also if doesn't catch your eye now what had you so hyped up about it before ?

Lastly, who the hell called anyone "dumb" or "crazy" for not liking a game. It amazes me, the same way people who don't like the sun or warm weather amaze me.

P.S. Watching someone play the game doesn't do it justice, that's why I stopped watching "twitch streams" or "let's plays".

Show me exactly where I said I was hyped about it, I said I never was hyped. And just go look at my profile, you can easily see the games I play and like there. I'm mostly into indie games, more colorful, vibrant, and artistic stuff. Unique graphics. I'm not one for realism either, which is another turn off for me. I do play shit tons of stuff though. Favorites being sidescrollers and platformers.

And watching gameplay does show lots of stuff off, like seeing how you have to micro manage basically everything turned me off. And the personalities of the people I watch are another reason I watch. Just fun to turn a stream on and listen while you're playing other games.

And I've seen plenty of people hating on me for not liking GTA, so it's not really towards you just a generalization of those people that do that.

Edited by aZombieDictator

16 minutes ago, LepreCon1991 said:

For literally every big game that comes out there's a topic like this posted.

This could have easily just been a status post.

And for every post where someone gets 100 plus comments someone comes along and tells them how or where else they should have created the post.  Does that make you any better?

7 minutes ago, aZombieDictator said:

Show me exactly where I said I was hyped about it, I said I never was hyped. And just go look at my profile, you can easily see the games I play and like there. I'm mostly into indie games, more colorful, vibrant, and artistic stuff. Unique graphics. I'm not one for realism either, which is another turn off for me. I do play shit tons of stuff though. Favorites being sidescrollers and platformers.

And watching gameplay does show lots of stuff off, like seeing how you have to micro manage basically everything turned me off. And the personalities of the people I watch are another reason I watch. Just fun to turn a stream on and listen while you're playing other games.

And I've seen plenty of people hating on me for not liking GTA, so it's not really towards you just a generalization of those people that do that.

Oh you said you weren't hyped, well after looking at the games you play I'm not surprised anymore, you're one of those, indie game sidescroller players who are always after the next quick Platinum trophy huh. Well we're better off dropping it, I have a thing against Trophy loons.

• Like 4

Gotta give R* the platinum trophy for creating the most confusing pause menu ever though. "Progress" is story and overall progress and "Story" is save/load screen.

"Help" is the second option from the top

"Player" also shows stats about horse which covers 2/3 of the following screen

"Map" actually needs two buttons to open and two to close instead of 1 we are used to in newer games

Man... I was so confused the first hours when I saw this

Edited by Erkawest

15 minutes ago, KeoneArt said:

Oh you said you weren't hyped, well after looking at the games you play I'm not surprised anymore, you're one of those, indie game sidescroller players who are always after the next quick Platinum trophy huh. Well we're better off dropping it, I have a thing against Trophy loons.

Did you look at their profile? There’s a lot of variety on there, both in terms of genre and difficulty. This argument just seems a bit unnecessary.

• Like 4

48 minutes ago, KeoneArt said:

Lol you're quick to judge. Also yes because Starlink, Assassins Creed, Castlevania, (what I'm working on now) and then the countless AAA and challenging indies are all definitely quick easy indie game plats. I doubt you even know how good half the games are on my list. And if I was one of those who just went after all quick plats I'd have 500+ platinums. But I'm not about that.

Look at my ultra rares, all indie games. I'm proud of my trophies and I dont care what you say especially if you're gonna disregard indies as games made for quick plats.

But I'm not gonna bother talking to someone who disregards indie games and says they're all for quick plats. Indies have been some of the best games ever released, especially recently. Have a good day sir, and maybe one you'll realize indie games are great.

Just don't say entire subset of games is for quick plats, because that's completely wrong.

Edit: Just looked at your profile and you're definitely not worth arguing with. But have fun with your Red Dead and I'll have fun with my Castlevania. I don't even know why I wasted my time with this thread lol. Being bored at works makes you do pointless things.

31 minutes ago, Charizarzar said:

Did you look at their profile? There’s a lot of variety on there, both in terms of genre and difficulty. This argument just seems a bit unnecessary.

Thank you. I don't know what I did to upset him so much lol.

Edited by aZombieDictator
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, NaseemJohn said:

A quick glance at this thread and I can understand why call of duty sells millions of copies every year.  No interest in character development or world building, just give me a gun and let me run around and shoot people while Michael bay explosions are going off in the background and I'll be satisfied. Sad as rockstar clearly put time and effort into their game to make it as immersive as possible and here we have people calling it "boring" when they aren't even past the tutorial yet lmao.

I never called it boring myself. I'm not into the whole thing but I acknowledge and appreciate all the hard work put into creating the game.

46 minutes ago, Charizarzar said:

I had a feeling that was going to sound like a attempt to stir up an argument, I didn't mean it like that, that last bit I threw in there was completely true, I don't see eye to eye with those sort of people. I noticed he gave Spider-Man and God Of War a go so I'm assuming besides the preferred genres the rest were good games that also happen to be quick easy PLAT's. I was almost pretty impressed but I don't think he actually completed Super Meat Boy, but I'm not sure.

Edited by KeoneArt

It's when you are several hours deep into the game how you notice how they have a character reply for everything, how giving some random civilian a ride to a town means they will tell you their whole life story. The camps always have something unique going on. Full of life. There is always a conversation going on and you start understanding where all those thousand hours of voice recordings went into.. I don't remember hearing the same comment twice

My favorite quest so far must be "A quiet time' in the saloon from chapter 2.

That quest was so crazy and really well made. When there even was a mirror in the saloon on the bottom floor so you could see your drunk reflection, I died of laughter. It reminded me so much of when you do this IRL in the bathroom when drunk and all you see is your silly sad little drunk face. Priceless!

Edited by Erkawest
  • Like 1

35 minutes ago, aZombieDictator said:

I never called it boring myself. I'm not into the whole thing but I acknowledge and appreciate all the hard work put into creating the game.

I'm sure he was referring to the majority who thought it was boring, ironically I found God Of War 4 to be boring in comparison to GOW1-3. I plan on finishing it but so far it all feels like a bit of a chore. Never felt like that with RDR2.

Wow just read your response, calm down dude... In my experience with indie games I do usually disregard "MANY" of them as easy PLATS not most, and you seriously tried to compare PLATS with me lmfaoo, IDGAF about them I  don't take trophies seriously, I know no one ever really gives af about other people's trophies so I'm not going to go out of my way to stack them impressing nobody. I use them as a way to mark games as my favorites and games I wanted to get the most out of/ my money's worth while also stretching the games life cycle past it's campaign forcing me to play in ways I usually wouldn't. PLATs would lose value to me the second I got more than 25. 

But I told you to drop it because I don't see eye to eye with you trophy heads, now you're trying to make this about "judging too quick" when no one was judging anyone. Don't get all sensitive on me

17 minutes ago, Erkawest said:

It's when you are several hours deep into the game how you notice how they have a character reply for everything, how giving some random civilian a ride to a town means they will tell you their whole life story. The camps always have something unique going on. Full of life. There is always a conversation going on and you start understanding where all those thousand hours of voice recordings went into.. I don't remember hearing the same comment twice

My favorite quest so far must be "A quiet time' in the saloon from chapter 2.

Hide contents

That quest was so crazy and really well made. When there even was a mirror in the saloon on the bottom floor so you could see your drunk reflection, I died of laughter. It reminded me so much of when you do this IRL in the bathroom when drunk and all you see is your silly sad little drunk face. Priceless!

That horse you "borrow" to chance that stranger who noticed you in Blackwater, you can ACTUALLY GO BACK AND RETURN THE HORSE, that blew my mind because I just went back to leave the horse in a random spot, and the guy was still there waiting for you to return. Had nothing to do with the mission, the mission was already over.

Edited by KeoneArt

19 minutes ago, KeoneArt said:

I had a feeling that was going to sound like a attempt to stir up an argument, I didn't mean it like that, that last bit I threw in there was completely true, I don't see eye to eye with those sort of people. I noticed he gave Spider-Man and God Of War a go so I'm assuming besides the preferred genres the rest were good games that also happen to be quick easy PLAT's. I was almost pretty impressed but I don't think he actually completed Super Meat Boy, but I'm not sure.

Can't you let someone have an opinion? Like you looked through his list and decided to say oh you're one of those lmao.   

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, KeoneArt said:

That horse you "borrow" to chance that stranger who noticed you in Blackwater, you can ACTUALLY GO BACK AND RETURN THE HORSE, that blew my mind because I just went back to leave the horse in a random spot, and the guy was still there waiting for you to return. Had nothing to do with the mission, the mission was already over.

Yes I know! I think someone said to return it or some text popped up, so I went back to return the horse. When I came back I heard somebody say "Thats my horse!" But sadly I couldnt find who as there were no indicators.. Didnt remember who I took it from, so I just left it on the street... zzz

8 minutes ago, lilpain97 said:

Can't you let someone have an opinion? Like you looked through his list and decided to say oh you're one of those lmao.   

If you're going to force yourself into our discussion and use the pity "opinion" card, you should at least know that I asked him what does he like out of curiosity and he suggested I just look at him profile.

But seriously just take a look at the list yourself and tell me you don't suspect he forced himself through atleast 1/3 of the games he's fiinished for a PLAT trophy. Not that it matters now. Just the main reason I said I don't see eye to eye with them.

3 minutes ago, Erkawest said:

Yes I know! I think someone said to return it or some text popped up, so I went back to return the horse. When I came back I heard somebody say "Thats my horse!" But sadly I couldnt find who as there were no indicators.. Didnt remember who I took it from, so I just left it on the street... zzz

Nah I don't think so, I could be wrong but I think it was Arthur who mentioned he would bring it back but they don't really mention that you should after the mission is complete. But that's the whole reason I went back, the game mad me care about where I just left the horse so I wanted to just leave it in the town I found it and the guy noticed me.

Edited by KeoneArt

Just now, KeoneArt said:

If you're going to force yourself into our discussion and use the pity "opinion" card, you should at least know that I asked him what does he like out of curiosity and he suggested I just look at him profile.

Oh you're one of those 

I thought the same thing about The Wolf Among Us. The first episode was just a mess when for example I was forced to answer question concerning people I hadn't even met yet. But starting from episode 2 it got a lot better and now I just can't wait to see the end ;) It's probably a similar case with this because tbh I can't imagine RDR2 to be a boring game. I'm still a long way from actually playing it though because I look into all Playstation games ever made and right now I'm at about 2013 in the game release schedule.

Edited by GTRP_Lancerlover

45 minutes ago, KeoneArt said:

But seriously just take a look at the list yourself and tell me you don't suspect he forced himself through atleast 1/3 of the games he's fiinished for a PLAT trophy. Not that it matters now. Just the main reason I said I don't see eye to eye with them.

Why would I care what he played? Btw it was an open discussion.

sadly, I'm also finding it a bit boring so far...i thought this would be one of those addictive satisfying stay-up-late-and-go-to-work-a-little-tired-every-day games but so far it just makes me kind of sleepy...i was hoping it would be more like rdr 1 with improved mechanics and additional little features like special abilities, better heist/robbery stuff, weapons, and such...so far I find it plays worse than the first game with a lot of additional features of stuff I don't really like...micro-management real life stuff and a tonne more hunting/fishing/travel/blind barren exploration (and lots of it) which I don't enjoy so much...it actually ruins my immersion a bit when stuff comes up...too cold, hungry, dirty, horse bonding, etc...i just wanna play...my real life is real enough...not a fan of this in video games...i do like games to be larger than life and unrealistic in certain aspects...

too early to make a final opinion though since I'm not done the story yet...mixed feelings up to this point...don't love it, don't hate it...and don't get me wrong, there are some fantastic improvements...seems irrelevant to the topic here though...

side note : i just hope r* don't ever take the gta series in this "real life immersion" direction (again)...hey niko, wanna go bowling?...no?...*friendship drops to 55%...locks out quest*..."f**k" ...haha...

Edited by ProfBambam55
  • Like 4