Red Dead is boring

GoneWild300

On 27.10.2018 at 1:37 AM, GoneWild300 said:

Anyone else think this game is boring and slow? I played chapter 1 and it was super slowed paced and kinda lost interest a bit. Im in chapter two right now and hopefully the pace of the game picks up, so far it just seems like a boring horse simulator. 

is this your first R* Game ?

3 hours ago, Erkawest said:

My favorite quest so far must be "A quiet time' in the saloon from chapter 2.

Reveal hidden contents

That quest was so crazy and really well made. When there even was a mirror in the saloon on the bottom floor so you could see your drunk reflection, I died of laughter. It reminded me so much of when you do this IRL in the bathroom when drunk and all you see is your silly sad little drunk face. Priceless!

That's definitely my favourite so far too.

1 hour ago, ProfBambam55 said:

sadly, I'm also finding it a bit boring so far...i thought this would be one of those addictive satisfying stay-up-late-and-go-to-work-a-little-tired-every-day games but so far it just makes me kind of sleepy...i was hoping it would be more like rdr 1 with improved mechanics and additional little features like special abilities, better heist/robbery stuff, weapons, and such...so far I find it plays worse than the first game with a lot of additional features of stuff I don't really like...micro-management real life stuff and a tonne more hunting/fishing/travel/blind barren exploration (and lots of it) which I don't enjoy so much...it actually ruins my immersion a bit when stuff comes up...too cold, hungry, dirty, horse bonding, etc...i just wanna play...my real life is real enough...not a fan of this in video games...i do like games to be larger than life and unrealistic in certain aspects...

too early to make a final opinion though since I'm not done the story yet...mixed feelings up to this point...don't love it, don't hate it...and don't get me wrong, there are some fantastic improvements...seems irrelevant to the topic here though...

side note : i just hope r* don't ever take the gta series in this "real life immersion" direction (again)...hey niko, wanna go bowling?...no?...*friendship drops to 55%...locks out quest*..."f**k" ...haha...

Funny because I wasn't expecting it to be very addictive or an all nighter. But it has been, I got 2 hours of sleep yesterday and ended up playing it for 12 hours. 

Yeah those hunger, dirty and horse stuff can be annoying at first but you get used it to.

They might've learned their lesson there, no one wants to stop destroying everything and running people over just to go bowling with their bloody cousin.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Feral said:

That's definitely my favorite so far too.

Funny because I wasn't expecting it to be very addictive or an all nighter. But it has been, I got 2 hours of sleep yesterday and ended up playing it for 12 hours. 

Yeah those hunger, dirty and horse stuff can be annoying at first but you get used it to.

They might've learned their lesson there, no one wants to stop destroying everything and running people over just to go bowling with their bloody cousin.

You too man ? Can't put it down, can't even focus on the story mission, I'm always running into something going on or hunting, or collecting, or accidentally discovering a new feature that I end up messing with for a whole hour. 

I have a bunch of games I bought from the PS store that were discounted that I've never touched like multiple AC games because games started to slowly bore me, then we were hit with Spider-Man, Black Ops 4(which I bought to give it a chance not expecting to actually REALLY enjoy it) and now my new favorite of the bunch RDR2.

Everyone's complaining about micromanaging and "too much realism" I HATE GAMES LIKE THAT, like (sadly) overtime I got bored of games like Fallout or games that involved guns and armor breaking overtime, or games where you have a "hunger" and a "thirst" meter. But in RDR2 it's not that complicated because it's so easy to eat it's never an issue, nothing really feels like an issue, it's as fun as it was in SA. It's sucks to see people that think this game is boring based on one chapter.

Can I at least ask that you guys try to get at least 5 trophies before concluding that you don't like the game. "Opinions" ik.

Edited by KeoneArt
  • Like 4

3 hours ago, KeoneArt said:

You too man ? Can't put it down, can't even focus on the story mission, I'm always running into something going on or hunting, or collecting, or accidentally discovering a new feature that I end up messing with for a whole hour. 

I have a bunch of games I bought from the PS store that were discounted that I've never touched like multiple AC games because games started to slowly bore me, then we were hit with Spider-Man, Black Ops 4(which I bought to give it a chance not expecting to actually REALLY enjoy it) and now my new favorite of the bunch RDR2.

Everyone's complaining about micromanaging and "too much realism" I HATE GAMES LIKE THAT, like (sadly) overtime I got bored of games like Fallout or games that involved guns and armor breaking overtime, or games where you have a "hunger" and a "thirst" meter. But in RDR2 it's not that complicated because it's so easy to eat it's never an issue, nothing really feels like an issue, it's as fun as it was in SA. It's sucks to see people that think this game is boring based on one chapter.

Can I at least ask that you guys try to get at least 5 trophies before concluding that you don't like the game. "Opinions" ik.

Yep, it's stolen my soul and forces me to play for hours & hours. Lol yeah I'm fishing atm.

I gave up on Christmas sales to get games like Spidey out of the way in time for this. 

Fallout New Vegas is a pain for the guns and armour wear. Exactly mate! Plus if you played San Andreas it had similar stuff so it's easy to manage. It really is especially knowing that all the fun really takes place in he next chapters. 

If only they would.

• Like 1

If you go in expecting a fast paced action adventure game you will be disappointed.  There are literally tonnes of those kind of 20 hours and you're done games.  You will get the most out of Red Dead 2 by soaking in the incredible atmosphere and attention to detail.  Its not a sprint race for the kids with a short attention span, its quite literally a masterpiece in storytelling, character development, gameplay, art, sound and animation.  Slow down, read, listen and enjoy what this game does, because no other game comes close to achieving what Rockstar have done with this, its much more than just a 'game'.  I'm probably 50-60 hours into the game thanks to time off work and only just finishing up chapter 2 and will probably take another 50 hours to get through chapter 3.  Amazing experience.  

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, KeoneArt said:

I would like to take the time to applaud anyone who has already made it to chapter 3 (especially if you work) because I can't seem to get more than 2-3 missions done in the course of a hour. I'm always exploring or getting distracted by something in the world. Every minor action seems to eventually snowball into something else, I'm dueling a murderer under federal protection who is covered in shit all because I decided to walk into a small saloon one day for some oatmeal and a quick few games of Five Finger Fillet. THE DAMN OPOSSUM ACTUALLY PLAY DEAD WHEN SCARED !!! LMFAO ? I went to pick the little faking bastards up to see what would happen and they hissed at me and ran off.

The game has a lot of surprises. Try to visit a specific shack in the swamps... Or camp in the northern area. 

I just keep discovering more epic sht every hour

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Deluziion90 said:

I finally found something boring 1f62d.png.. 

Challange: 

Weapons Expert 3 - Kill 3 birds of prey using only a tomahawk. I keep failing and failing this is just so annoying to get. Birds are too fast and throwing feels to slow. Any tips for someone who got this1f630.png

I have 2 of the 3 necessary. I got them by skinning an animal and leaving it’s carcass and soon enough some ravens came by to feed. Get close enough then tomahawk them. I’ve also come across vultures feeding on dead carcasses.

Edited by FilmFanatic
Ravens not crows.
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, FilmFanatic said:

I have 2 of the 3 necessary. I got them by skinning an animal and leaving it’s carcass and soon enough some ravens came by to feed. Get close enough then tomahawk them. I’ve also come across vultures feeding on dead carcasses.

Yeah got the same tactic though everytime I get close fast or slow they fly away before I manage to hit them. Oh well I'll keep trying thanks for the tip. Atleast I contributed to the RDR2 is boring complaining ?

On 10/28/2018 at 0:03 AM, Erkawest said:

"Map" actually needs two buttons to open and two to close instead of 1 we are used to in newer games

even though I don't have the game yet, let me tell you something interesting:

Press and HOLD the Options button ...

try it out ;)

• Like 1

13 hours ago, KeoneArt said:

I would like to take the time to applaud anyone who has already made it to chapter 3 (especially if you work) because I can't seem to get more than 2-3 missions done in the course of a hour. I'm always exploring or getting distracted by something in the world. Every minor action seems to eventually snowball into something else, I'm dueling a murderer under federal protection who is covered in shit all because I decided to walk into a small saloon one day for some oatmeal and a quick few games of Five Finger Fillet. THE DAMN OPOSSUM ACTUALLY PLAY DEAD WHEN SCARED !!! LMFAO 1f602.png I went to pick the little faking bastards up to see what would happen and they hissed at me and ran off.

Im exactly the same, the game forces you to run with your horse just so you end up with strange encounters and end up doing some random shit you didn’t planned at all, and it happens Every. Single. Time. I didn’t unlock my horse broosh and I already had my camp fully upgraded, for reference LoL (and I was browsing stores to buy one but actually it is given to you in a quest)

18 hours ago, Erkawest said:

The game has a lot of surprises. Try to visit a specific shack in the swamps... Or camp in the northern area. 

I just keep discovering more epic sht every hour

Have you found the body parts just outside Valentine? I ended up solving it after around 3hrs of running around the map and a tiny bit of help from a friend.

Just now, lilpain97 said:

Have you found the body parts just outside Valentine? I ended up solving it after around 3hrs of running around the map and a tiny bit of help from a friend.

No... Is this a quest? Or random things to do? 

I once found a guy held captive in a basement under a gun store, screaming for help from a barred basement window... Didn't rescue him

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Erkawest said:

No... Is this a quest? Or random things to do? 

I once found a guy held captive in a basement under a gun store, screaming for help from a barred basement window... Didn't rescue him

Go under the train tracks... After you find the rest of the notes and find the location it appears as a side quest.

I saved him haha. Honestly pretty messed up situation 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, JPageMartin36 said:

My favourite random thing, but I won't give spoilers...

Go find the pipe for Dutch when he asks. Well worth it to see what happens when you do lol

Lol

jumped out of my chair, but was glad to get 1/18 grabbed by bear kills