Red Dead is boring

GoneWild300

7 hours ago, Erkawest said:

No... Is this a quest? Or random things to do? 

I once found a guy held captive in a basement under a gun store, screaming for help from a barred basement window... Didn't rescue him

Well I just found 2 things. 1 is insane, go to a cabin north of Emerald station you might already know. The other a mountain left hand side of map... This game keeps delivering

Ok the cabin thing might be a big EE... If people found everything plz don't say 

Edited by lilpain97

On 10/27/2018 at 10:40 PM, steel6burgh said:

And for every post where someone gets 100 plus comments someone comes along and tells them how or where else they should have created the post.  Does that make you any better?

Hahahahahahahaha

Oh sorry, the sheer ignorance of your response made me burst my sides.

1. This thread didn't have "100 plus comments" when i first replied

2. This thread clearly serves no purpose other than to be a contrarian attention-grab, much less so as a status

3. Yes, I am better because I don't clog up the site with cancerous new forum posts

Edited by LepreCon1991
  • Like 2

40 minutes ago, LepreCon1991 said:

Hahahahahahahaha

Oh sorry, the sheer ignorance of your response made me burst my sides.

1. This thread didn't have "100 plus comments" when i first replied

2. This thread clearly serves no purpose other than to be a contrarian attention-grab, much less so as a status

3. Yes, I am better because I don't clog up the site with cancerous new forum posts

but you are clogging the post up right now.  No? that was my point. someone sees a post that they believe is worthless so they add worthless comments.  It's the same thing. if you don't like a post move along.  Adding worthless comments to a worthless post doesn't make it better. 

On 2018/10/27 at 8:11 PM, ProfBambam55 said:

sadly, I'm also finding it a bit boring so far...i thought this would be one of those addictive satisfying stay-up-late-and-go-to-work-a-little-tired-every-day games but so far it just makes me kind of sleepy...i was hoping it would be more like rdr 1 with improved mechanics and additional little features like special abilities, better heist/robbery stuff, weapons, and such...so far I find it plays worse than the first game with a lot of additional features of stuff I don't really like...micro-management real life stuff and a tonne more hunting/fishing/travel/blind barren exploration (and lots of it) which I don't enjoy so much...it actually ruins my immersion a bit when stuff comes up...too cold, hungry, dirty, horse bonding, etc...i just wanna play...my real life is real enough...not a fan of this in video games...i do like games to be larger than life and unrealistic in certain aspects...

too early to make a final opinion though since I'm not done the story yet...mixed feelings up to this point...don't love it, don't hate it...and don't get me wrong, there are some fantastic improvements...seems irrelevant to the topic here though...

side note : i just hope r* don't ever take the gta series in this "real life immersion" direction (again)...hey niko, wanna go bowling?...no?...*friendship drops to 55%...locks out quest*..."f**k" ...haha...

Agree with most of you said. I am holding my final judgment as well but things seem to go to a direction that I don’t like. Sure, there are lots of good things but making food piece by piece is a little bit too much a chore. I have done enough chore in my real life and I don’t need any reminder in a game where I am supposed to forget all of them.

And those sickening gold medals……

Edited by Maverick6146

I felt the same way about chapter 1 and 2 but I still had fun.

The game truly shined for me after chapter 3, I didn't want the story to end after that point. I do agree that the beginning is extremely slow but they are building the character so you care about arthur quest to redemption, at least that's how I felt about it. 

I won't get the platinum on this one but I love red dead. I got 100 % in red dead 1 but didn't get the platinum because of multiplayer. This one is too much of a grind for 100 %. The huge map requires you to ride horse for 60 - 70 hours just collecting animals, bones and other collectibles, that's simply a pass for me. 

Great game otherwise, highly recommend it. 

Edited by berserklover

I just finished Red Dead and it's taken years for me to be interested in it. Honestly, I found it so boring I really couldn't wait to finish it. I didn't even bother killing Edgar Ross as I really wasn't interested in the story or surroundings. It's ok not to like a rockstar game, in my case RDR and GtaVc are 2 games I didn't like. My opinion is purely based on the importance of location and the attempt to emulate the real world that Rockstar are so good at doing. I think I'm on team "Bully 2" as opposed to the western setting.

I nodded off 3 times during Chapter 1. I finally finished it and it seems like the game is going to open up but I decided to go back to AC: Odyssey for now.

No way I'm getting the Plat in RDR 2 either. Too much multiplayer and too much tedium for 100% in story. Once through the story and a shot at online then I'll be done. 

2 hours ago, Z1MZUM said:

I just finished Red Dead and it's taken years for me to be interested in it. Honestly, I found it so boring I really couldn't wait to finish it. I didn't even bother killing Edgar Ross as I really wasn't interested in the story or surroundings. It's ok not to like a rockstar game, in my case RDR and GtaVc are 2 games I didn't like. My opinion is purely based on the importance of location and the attempt to emulate the real world that Rockstar are so good at doing. I think I'm on team "Bully 2" as opposed to the western setting.

I agree Red Dead is not that great, in fact I kinda hated it and Marston pissed me off something chronic. But this one absolutely shits all over the first, I had a hard time putting it down. 

So you should really consider giving RDR2 a go.

Edited by Feral

12 minutes ago, Feral said:

I agree Red Dead is not that great, in fact I kinda hated it and Marston pissed me off something chronic. But this one absolutely shits all over the first, I had a hard time putting it down. 

So you should really consider giving RDR2 a go.

Yeah it will be in my library for sure, but a few weeks or months away at this stage. And the Marston story, I was like really? I think it was made in the "let's feel sorry for crims" period and I felt nothing for that dude or his family. GTA 3 is by far the Rockstar game that blew me away the most and GTA5 on this gen is pure quality. I'll find out I guess but I do think i'll enjoy RDR2 way more then RDR.

33 minutes ago, Z1MZUM said:

Yeah it will be in my library for sure, but a few weeks or months away at this stage. And the Marston story, I was like really? I think it was made in the "let's feel sorry for crims" period and I felt nothing for that dude or his family. GTA 3 is by far the Rockstar game that blew me away the most and GTA5 on this gen is pure quality. I'll find out I guess but I do think i'll enjoy RDR2 way more then RDR.

Good. Best off waiting for a sale in case you don't like it. Yeah same, especially since all him and the family did was whinge. Ah good old GTA III, brilliant game and my first real intro into GTA. Well here's hoping mate.

Imo this games a masterpiece. 

The world is beautiful with tons of stuff to find from abandoned cabins filled with dead people to caves with puzzles. These don't sound great but couple that with notes left around, you get to know these people or what happened to them. The animals actually hunt each other down or attack the npcs. The way Arthur can greet anyone but also tie it into whats going on around him adds that extra something that is usually missed in games. Example was I was in Valentine and it was raining. I pull up because a train, a guy stops next to me so I greet him. Arthur then asks him about the rain. 

So far the story has been great and im caring for these characters, I won't spoil anything so ill just say that lol. 

Im not saying what they have done is new. The TES series and other games before it have done similar things but R* added more to it and added that extra bit of polish. It has very few issues and the positives outweigh the negatives.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Gommes_ said:

Oh no someone touched the holy grail and stated it's boring. Grab your forks people, OP deserved it! Seriously though you should have stated more aspects to describe your opionion better but nevertheless it is a valid opinion.

Probably many who didn't know was RDR was and just jumped on the hype train, myself including. Some find it not suitable to their gaming style and some do

• Like 1

On ‎10‎/‎31‎/‎2018 at 9:19 AM, Erkawest said:

Probably many who didn't know was RDR was and just jumped on the hype train, myself including. Some find it not suitable to their gaming style and some do

I did 100% RDR1 but the slowness and tediousness of RDR2 seem to go to a new level....

On 10/31/2018 at 7:30 PM, Feral said:

Good. Best off waiting for a sale in case you don't like it. Yeah same, especially since all him and the family did was whinge. Ah good old GTA III, brilliant game and my first real intro into GTA. Well here's hoping mate.

Hey Feral, I already bought it last Friday. It's one of those games I have to wear a headset on and how stunning does it look on 1080p let alone 4k which I don't have.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Z1MZUM said:

Hey Feral, I already bought it last Friday. It's one of those games I have to wear a headset on and how stunning does it look on 1080p let alone 4k which I don't have.

Awesome! It's bloody gorgeous. Playing it in 4K is a health risk because it would blow your mind lol.

• Like 1

i just finished chapter 4 and all i will say is OMG this game is awesome. I love all the characters and the story. I get so mad when I think we are going to make it and something else bad happens. I love Sadie , shes my new hero. :)

and some of the stranger missions are really funny.

Edited by SuzyRed
  • Like 1

On 10/29/2018 at 10:02 AM, SuzyRed said:

You won't play a game because of trophies?

This is my issue with these Trophy loons, they don't even play games to have fun anymore then they just cry if a game is too hard or takes too long to Platinum, whatever happened to playing a game to have fun or experience the story.

• Like 2

On 10/31/2018 at 5:50 AM, berserklover said:

I felt the same way about chapter 1 and 2 but I still had fun.

The game truly shined for me after chapter 3, I didn't want the story to end after that point. I do agree that the beginning is extremely slow but they are building the character so you care about arthur quest to redemption, at least that's how I felt about it. 

I won't get the platinum on this one but I love red dead. I got 100 % in red dead 1 but didn't get the platinum because of multiplayer. This one is too much of a grind for 100 %. The huge map requires you to ride horse for 60 - 70 hours just collecting animals, bones and other collectibles, that's simply a pass for me. 

Great game otherwise, highly recommend it. 

What's killing me is those god damn luck based challenges, played for 4h just to get "win a hand at blackjack after hitting 3 or more times"... wtf is this... You need to get a 5 or less and hope that no figures or 10's turn up in your hand... Got lucky 3 times where I didn't bust but of course the dealer had those three had blackjack.